Social Security trust fund projected to run dry by 2034

Bobcat1

18 minutes ago, Bobcat1 said:

This is the hidden content, please

Great.... I'll just live off my 401K at 90 when I'm able to retire.....

And if a Republican ( who recognizes that this situation is unsustainable) suggests some kind of change in the program, the left jumps up and down, stomps its feet, and brands the Republicans as folks who "don't care about the avg American (, in reality, letting the system go broke is the better example of not caring about the average American)  Finding a way to make the social security system solvent so it continue to pay out its benefits is"caring about all people" not just todays voters.

Let's look at this logically.  Folks on Social Security Retirement Program have paid in to have that money.  Folks on welfare haven't pain in, so surely the Govt will cut the welfare folks and take care of those who worked, right?   So no way would they cut SS, right?  Right?  Right?  Right?  

And Uncle Sam said, Wrong!

3 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Let's look at this logically.  Folks on Social Security Retirement Program have paid in to have that money.  Folks on welfare haven't pain in, so surely the Govt will cut the welfare folks and take care of those who worked, right?   So no way would they cut SS, right?  Right?  Right?  Right?  

REBgp- Sir, that's because our government is compassionate and benevolent and you are greedy!!!

17 hours ago, REBgp said:

Perfect example of why SS should go away (among many other programs).

You CANNOT trust the fed gov with your money...sadly, the takers are more than happy to trust the fed gov with your money so they can have it.

18 hours ago, stevenash said:

And if a Republican ( who recognizes that this situation is unsustainable) suggests some kind of change in the program, the left jumps up and down, stomps its feet, and brands the Republicans as folks who "don't care about the avg American (, in reality, letting the system go broke is the better example of not caring about the average American)  Finding a way to make the social security system solvent so it continue to pay out its benefits is"caring about all people" not just todays voters.

Trump can't his own bank account from going broke

36 minutes ago, new tobie said:

Trump can't his own bank account from going broke

Trump has tens of millions of dollars.  Did he go broke?  Yep. What then?  He got up. Dusted himself off, and tried again.  People that try, learn from their failures.  

Do i like Trump as a person?  Not particularly.  Do I admire Trump the businessman?   Grudgingly, yes.  

On last nights news, I heard that SS recipients were getting a $2 per month raise.  Oh, and their Medicare payments were going up $26 per month.  I'm no accountant, but I think I need to buy some lubricant of some kind for this Govt love-in.  

55 minutes ago, REBgp said:

On last nights news, I heard that SS recipients were getting a $2 per month raise.  Oh, and their Medicare payments were going up $26 per month.  I'm no accountant, but I think I need to buy some lubricant of some kind for this Govt love-in.  

AS I have stated 1000 times on this board, there is ABSOLUTELY no worse or incompetent business manager than the Federal Government and yet so many want it to manage more $

2 hours ago, REBgp said:

Trump has tens of millions of dollars.  Did he go broke?  Yep. What then?  He got up. Dusted himself off, and tried again.  People that try, learn from their failures.  

Do i like Trump as a person?  Not particularly.  Do I admire Trump the businessman?   Grudgingly, yes.  

John D. Rockefeller never went broke, now that was a businessman. Would you invest money with a investment firm that went bankrupt four times or one that never has.

25 minutes ago, nappyroots said:

John D. Rockefeller never went broke, now that was a businessman. Would you invest money with a investment firm that went bankrupt four times or one that never has.

Then you are saying that Abraham Lincoln was an unworthy President and that Henry Ford and Walt Disney were  poor business managers.  Just for the record, Mr. Trump never went bankrupt personally.  If bankruptcy troubles you so much, why arent you going crazy about Solyndra?

1 hour ago, nappyroots said:

I'm surprised you hold Rockefeller in such high esteem. After all, he was a devoted Baptist and funded many Christian organizations that the left hold in such contempt. In his later years he did use his wealth to do a lot of good, but his wealth was accumulated off the backs of his employees. You know, the employees that worked from sun up to sun down with no overtime pay, no 401K, no benefits of any kind, no sick leave, no maternity leave, no paternity leave, no union representation... I'm not familiar with his hiring practices of minorities. Would the diversity of his workforce pass the Affirmative Action mustard?

Maybe your admiration stems from the fact that he and Carnegie were so adept in cornering the markets that they forced Congress to create anti-monopoly and anti-trust laws.

I'm just guessing here. Please enlighten us as to why you feel Rockefeller represents the pinnacle of the business world.