Silsbee @ WOS 4/5

STiger85

The Silsbee Tigers (3-2) travel to Orange County to take on district leading WOS Mustangs (5-0). Last Friday the Tigers beat HJ and the Mustangs came from behind to beat LCM. These two teams split district game last year. JV starts at 4:30 and varsity starts at 7:00 Tuesday evening. 

See a tight game with both pitchers controlling the other lineup for the most part...  So who can can do the small things and advance runners and scratch a few runs?  Can Silsbee control WOS's speed on the bases and keep forces in play?  Which team plays error free or close to  error free ball?  Think it will come down to one or two key plays....  Silsbee 3-2.

This is gonna sound vague but here it goes...

Partain takes the pill tonight and for the most part stays strong for 4+ innings, I have my reasons for this but will leave it at that.  Relief Pitching for Silsbee tonight is gonna play a big role.  One of the two has to step up big (Dunn or Whitted).  Silsbee is hitting better lately with their young squad and if they can give Partain some runs early then Partain can relax and throw easy, thus stays in game longer.

Vague I know but still an honest assessment without going to specific.  Which is doable.

WOS is on a 1st half run for sure.  Pitching matchups have setup great for them, that along with solid play has them up front.  Good pitching and aggressive baserunning forces opponents into quick play and errors usually follow.  WOS has been capitalizing on this while making few key errors of their own.  If JD3 is on his game it will be to close to call.

Game comes to a head in the 5th.   I see it 4-2 or 5-2 either way.

Pitching, Pitching, Pitching.  WOS #1 vs Silsbee #2, good test for both teams.

Going with the Homer call as expected, no disrespect to the 'Stangs so dont waste your time with the jackass remarks.

I believe in my Tigers.