Silsbee 97 Houston Sterling 69/Final

4 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Devon seem to be walking fine after getting hurt. He went back to the locker room and walked back to bench with a ice pack in his knee. Hopefully he is OK. The kid from Sterling made a dirty play cuting him at the knee. 

I saw the play, but I didn't see it, know what I mean?  Need to see some video if it exists.  IMO Devon needs to slow down just a little. Save some for his soph, jr & sr years & beyond.  Many a would be star player has gone down early because of injuries.  He is a very good ball player.  Haters see that too and will go at his knees.  Pick your spots I say.  Silsbee was up at close to 30 at that moment.

Coach Sigler took the air out of the ball after that play.  All things considered that was a wise move.

Yes I didn't see enough to think it was a dirty play, but can't say I saw anything to say it wasn't either.  It was stated in the Pregame thread that we would win by 25 if we took our foot off the gas and 40 if we didn't, pretty accurate.  I am usually one that doesn't like to see us slow down but it was for good reason last night.  The game was getting a little chippy so he slowed us down to keep things a little more under control.  This could have been a 40 point win real easy. The Tigers could have scored 115 or more.  Tonight the Tigers suited 15 players.  The last 5 tonight entered the game with about 3 minutes left and only scored 1 point the rest of the way.  A good win for the Tigers but now it's time to focus on Hudson!

Score by quarters

1            2            3              4              tot

Sterling                       22         12          18             17             69

Silsbee                       23         30           29             15            97  

(Silsbee led 96-58 with 3:10 left, scored just 1 point with 3rd 5)

FT %

Sterling                 13/22    59%

Silsbee                  14/25   56%

3 Point %

Sterling                  2/16    13%

Silsbee                11/33     33%

Rebounds

Sterling                  34

Silsbee                  43

Turnovers

Sterling                   34

Silsbee                   16

Fouls

Sterling                   20

Silsbee                    21

Individual scoring

Sterling

Joseph Jackson                  21

Corey Nickerson                 20 (10 in 1st Q, 11 rebounds, freshman!)

Vy'Twan Richardson           10

Darius Weathers                  9

Robert McKinney                 4

Horace Johnson                   3

Derrick McCroy                    2

Silsbee

Trajan Harris                       21 (4/8 three's, 5 steals)

Dontre Thomas                   13 (8 in 3rd Q, 7 rebounds, 3 steals)

Bruce Newton                     12 (5 steals, 4 assists)

Jordyn Adams                     12 (all in 1st half, 2/7 three's)

Rick Maze                           11 (3/8 three's)

Devon McCain                    10 (3/4 FT, 5 assists, did not play 4th Q)

Kolten Mackey                     6 ( 8 rebounds)

Tre Grubbs                          5 (9 rebounds, 5 steals)

Kalon Barnes                      4

Adonis Thomas                   2

Tre Lowe                             1

I was really impressed by the hustle last night of Grubbs, Dontre Thomas, Newton, and Mackey. Each of these guys were all over the floor on defense and on the floor for lose balls. Great team win Tigers. I also like the way Devon, Jordyn, and Harris attacked the basket for buckets and not rely on 3 pointers every time. As long as Silsbee continues to crash the boards and play defense, I think k everything will be just fine.