Some of Silsbee's best basketball teams

Bmt_4now

You had Bush, Jones, Allen, Henry and Davis went to game before state the Bees beat them and then they won state! The difference between that team and the team this year is that they had height and they could run also and they played very aggressive everybody went to the boards and everybody played above the rim

Silsbee Tigers 1989

Lost to PA Lincoln @ McDonald's Gym on Lamar Campus. One of the toughest games I've ever played. They actually beat us in the annual TJ Classic which set the stage for this epic playoff game. I truly believe Silsbee would have won a Title that year.  We competed against those guys in Middle School also, we had a 6 yr intense rivalry going. Lol

Good luck & God Bless Tigers

2 hours ago, Bmt_4now said:

What ever happened to the stat man from Silsbee, he was their manager when I played against them! He could tell you everybody's points average, rebounding, etc..I knew for sure he would be a big time broadcaster! Lol

If it was in the mid 90'w, you could be talking about Badsanta

The two best Silsbee teams I saw play were the 1994/95 team lead by Damien Bush 6'0  Donyell Allen 6'3 Willie Jones 6'5 Russell Whitmore 6'6, AL Henry 6'1, and Tyrell Davis 6'3 with arms of a 6'9 player. They went 26-6. The next best was 1996/97. Thadyus Holden 6'0, Lewis Arline  6'6, Ricky Jackson 6'0, Edwin Elam 6'1, and Kerrion Cartwright at 6'3 (6'6 with his full afro). Jeremy Williams, Tramaine  Arline, Frank Chaney, Ricky Kruff, Hugh Davis, Boo Boo, Andre Henry, and jj Taylor. This team went 12 deep. 31-1. Scored points in waves. Beat Lincoln, West Brook, Central, TJ, and Lufkin all by double digits. 

3 hours ago, Bmt_4now said:

What ever happened to the stat man from Silsbee, he was their manager when I played against them! He could tell you everybody's points average, rebounding, etc..I knew for sure he would be a big time broadcaster! Lol

Trust me brother, I work in sales and it pays and is a lot better than sports broacasting. I still talk sports 24/7 and take a lot of clients to sporting events. Coming out of college I had a opportunity to work at CBS but the starting pay was struggle money and I couldn't do that and pay back student loans and live too. 

28 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

The two best Silsbee teams I saw play were the 1994/95 team lead by Damien Bush 6'0  Donyell Allen 6'3 Willie Jones 6'5 Russell Whitmore 6'6, AL Henry 6'1, and Tyrell Davis 6'3 with arms of a 6'9 player. They went 26-6. The next best was 1996/97. Thadyus Holden 6'0, Lewis Arlington 6'6, Ricky Jackson 6'0, Edwin Elam 6'1, and Kerrion Cartwright at 6'3 (6'6 with his full afro). Jeremy Williams, Tramping Arline, Frank Chaney, Ricky Kruff, Hugh Davis, Boo Boo, Andre Henry, and jj Taylor. This team went 12 deep. 31-1. Scored points in waves. Beat Lincoln, West Brook, Central, TJ, and Lufkin all by double digits. 

Santa, that would be Lewis Arline not Arlington.

Good to hear ur doing well Badsanta, I talk with a lot of people that knew Jones and Bush from Silsbee and I know Jones was really aggressive and mean on the court but they say he was totally different off  the court is that true! He son at legacy is just as nice and come on the court and football and basketball field and he's a better athlete then his dad was( dad would say the same thing)! Those were the days, good luck to you Badsanta!