My Outlook on the West Brook Situation

BMTSoulja1

I'm thinking, since West Brook is scheduled to travel almost 600 miles for district games this year, it really makes no sense to keep Ozen playing up being that your reasoning was to cut back on travel...  Someone either goofed up big time or there really an ulterior motive for messing Ozen over.  The funds budgeted for travel costs have probably been exceeded with West Brook alone, so the excuse of saving is way out of the question.  Ultimately, UIL chitted on West Brook, and BISD chitted on Ozen.  Smh

9 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I'm thinking, since West Brook is scheduled to travel almost 600 miles for district games this year, it really makes no sense to keep Ozen playing up being that your reasoning was to cut back on travel...  Someone either goofed up big time or there really an ulterior motive for messing Ozen over.  Ultimately, UIL chitted on West Brook, and BISD chitted on Ozen.  Smh

BISD made a decision to help in their finances. They cannot help where UIL put West Brook.

Think it is a wise decision.

The best thing would have been to drop Ozen down and let the winning begin which might bring more people to the games. Raise money thru ticket sales and concession. IMO the travel would have been about the same or close to it.

Athletes were let down. The ones coming up the pipe may shift to the other schools, which is only going to hurt Ozen.

9 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

BISD made a decision to help in their finances. They cannot help where UIL put West Brook.

Think it is a wise decision.

Yea, I know, I see what they were thinking before, but seeing it play out now, it turns out to be a pretty dumb decision being that the budget funds will be depleted on West Brook's travel alone.

9 minutes ago, NDNation said:

The best thing would have been to drop Ozen down and let the winning begin which might bring more people to the games. Raise money thru ticket sales and concession. IMO the travel would have been about the same or close to it.

Athletes were let down. The ones coming up the pipe may shift to the other schools, which is only going to hurt Ozen.

True...

3 minutes ago, fox said:

i swear i think the UIL sent westbrook to region 2 on purpose.

I had figured that 21-6A would change some with PAM going down and GCM coming up (even swap with 22-5A). With CE King moving up, I really thought that maybe just North Shore would get moved to a different district. I didn't think that they would dismantle the district completely.

22 minutes ago, The Icon said:

District 10-4A Div 1

Bridge City 

Cleveland

Huffman Hargrave

Livingston (brutal drive)

Navasota (even more of a brutal drive)

Little Cypress-Mauriceville

Silsbee

The rest are manageable distances - BISD is well renowned for their decision making skills

What about the WO-S district?

Just now, BMTSoulja1 said:

What about the WO-S district?

Is that the District they'd be in if they'd stayed down?

District 12 -4A Div 2

Hamshire-Fannett

Liberty

Orangefield

Hardin-Jefferson

West Orange-Stark

Farthest trip would be a 40 minute drive to Liberty, everything else is within 20 minutes. Ozen and WOS in the same district would be scary in 4A-Div 2

29 minutes ago, The Icon said:

District 10-4A Div 1

Bridge City 

Cleveland

Huffman Hargrave

Livingston (brutal drive)

Navasota (even more of a brutal drive)

Little Cypress-Mauriceville

Silsbee

The rest are manageable distances - BISD is well renowned for their decision making skills

In comparison to this:

Baytown Lee

Beaumont Central

Lumberton

Nederland

PN-G

PA Memorial

Vidor

The district that Ozen opted to stay in is much easier travel wise.