Starting next season Silsbee vs HJ

6 minutes ago, ST413 said:

Haha!! I could have taken it farther but the it would be a fight instead of really a joke!

Would you and Da Dove please elaborate.  Apparently the two of your know more than most and I would like to hear your "insights". Or is it easier just to imply something when you actually are making factless conclusions that you want to be true?

3 hours ago, PaBees said:

If I didn't know any better, it almost appears that Hardin-Jefferson is running from Silsbee.  That can't be, though, because they don't have anyone in a position of authority and the UIL would never do something like that.  Oh well, I guess that rivalry is done.  I don't see them agreeing to a game on their own.

You must be mistaken. HJ isn't scared and isn't running from Silsbee. They may not win all (1 out of last 3) but do not think they are scared or intimidated. The last 3 games (that this group of kids have been involved in) have been good competitive games for the fans to watch. So if you have gotten that from watching, you have missed out on some good basketball by 2 teams. Again, NOT SCARED! 

It never fails.....this back and forth.  It is a really sad thing that this game will not happen for a couple years at minimum.  Silsbee is gonna play up a level or two in classification just to get some experience for the playoff runs.  I just dont see why either one wouldnt want to schedule a nondistrict matchup but....

How about this.   Would HJ consider joining the Whataburger Tourney Lineup?

Really great tournament and HJ would represent well in it.  JMO.

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

Then you are admitting that it is only a joke?   Kind of like Sara Palin saying "I can see Alaska from my front yard" when, in truth, she said nothing of the kind?

Yes it was just a joke aimed at doing just what it did,. Get you and maybe another or two started.

in all truth both teams are going to be hurt by this.  Neither will have a team of the same caliber in district the next couple years.  I will miss those games and atmosphere twice a year as well as the fun on here.  Hopefully we will get to see it in the playoffs or somewhere during the season.

HJ definitely benefits more than Silsbee.  I can't imagine Cleveland not getting back to their quality teams pretty soon, and based on playoff history I could see that being as big of a rivalry as Silsbee, and the rest of the district as a whole is better than the one they're leaving, apart from Silsbee.  I'll miss that rivalry, but having at least decent opponents every district game will benefit HJ more than playing Silsbee twice and having a bunch of 20-40 point blowouts in pretty much the rest of their district games.  That being said, it won't matter much once HJ gets to whichever Houston AAU team they end up playing in the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs every year. Silsbee loses the one team they have to get up for in district and adds a team that won't win a game against the teams that silsbee has been beating by 60.  That is not a good thing for the Tigers

4 hours ago, stevenash said:

The geography component would suggest that either HJ moves as it did or Silsbee would move to the Jasper district.

Plus with the Cleveland, Huffman, etc. district losing two schools (Coldspring and Splendora) it was very logical that the most western school (Hardin-Jefferson) be moved out of 24-4A and into 23-4A giving them 6 teams. 24-4A would get Beaumont Harmony to keep them at 7 teams.

I guess Silsbee could have also been moved to 21-4A (Jasper district) giving them 6 teams, but glad they are staying.

Also, have to get used to the new names of the districts. 21-4A (Diboll, Huntington, Jasper, Livingston, Hudson), 22-4A (Beaumont Harmony, Bridge City, Hamshire-Fannett, LC-M, Orangefield, Silsbee, WO-S) and 23-4A (Cleveland, Tarkington, Huffman, Liberty, Shepherd, Hardin-Jefferson).

Another observation with this new realignment. 21-4A will face 22-4A in first round of playoffs while 23-4A will see 24-4A (HISD district, Kashmere, North Forest, Scarborough, Washington, Wheatley, Worthing and Yates) in Bi-District round.

Just now, ST413 said:

I don't know,.... Maybe but I would say LCM and WOS go along pretty good with Cleveland and Huffman. Not so sure on the rest though.

Cleveland is having a terrible year, but they've been very, very good for the last decade. HJ had their number in the playoffs, but they were all close games.  They were routinely ranked very highly during that time.  I expect them to get back to quality basketball pretty quickly, but we'll see.  Huffman is better than LCM as well, IMO

15 hours ago, bullets13 said:

Cleveland is having a terrible year, but they've been very, very good for the last decade. HJ had their number in the playoffs, but they were all close games.  They were routinely ranked very highly during that time.  I expect them to get back to quality basketball pretty quickly, but we'll see.  Huffman is better than LCM as well, IMO

Yes this year you may be correct but I am really talking more on a normal basis.  It's hard to say but haven't really been impressed with that district overall through the years.  1 or 2 good teams and then the rest normally.  Ours now is like that but WOS is not that far behind normally.