WEst Hardin wanted no part in playing HJ, yet they play a very athletic WOS

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what i hear WH was asked by HJ to play them in the warm-up game but there coach wanted no part of it yet they are now scheduled vs WOS. I think there coach new a huge loss from HJ could down there playoff hopes. I think WH might could win due to the loss of BEvil along with other injuries. If this was at the begining of the year i take WOS by 30+ but now with injuries they might have a chance.

Guest orangeman

Not that I owe anyone an explanation, but it's actually pretty simple. If we are fortunate enough to make it to the 3rd round we will have to play Grapeland. HJ wasn't going to give us the look of a Grapeland... WOS does. No hard feelings. HJ has a good team led by a good coach. I'm flattered the HJ & WOS stark initiated the phone call to play us. That's a compliment to our season in itself. Good luck to all in the playoffs.

Guest neon_bodeau

Everyone has their reasons for scheduling particular types of playoff games.

Unless people are inside the locker rooms they don't know what team's reasons are for scheduling what they schedule.

Unless you know for sure you shouldn't speculate.

I guarantee you every coach puts a ton of thought into who they play for a warm up game.

Thanks neon for having a little common sense.

Knowing Coach Fuller and talkin to him about this I can tell you this is exactly right.

As a matter of fact, he didn't even commit to playing WOS until we had beaten BS.

A loss would have put WH playing different teams in the playoffs and he would have wanted to play someone besides WOS to prepare for them.

A wise man once said, " know what you are talking about BEFORE you speak."

Thanks and good luck to all the setx playoff teams. 

imo classifications do not have much bearing in sports like basketball or baseball.  of course it does to a certain extent, but not as much as a sport like football.  west hardin is a tough team and i think the stangs will have to play a great game if they want to come out on top.  im excited about seeing this one. 8)

They wanted no part of H-J??  That is the best compliment West Hardin has heard all year. Seems as if Hardin Jefferson fans are a little threatened in their dominance of the area. Provided they have not played a team of Hardin Jefferson's caliber, they have only lost one game, and beat that team twice in a row after that, rather convincingly. These boys are good, and when they come to play, they can play with anyone. And yes, if the team that played Big Sandy last night showed up at H-J, it would be closer than you think. I look forward to the game vs. WOS. Probably be the most athleticism W-H has seen all year. I can see coach McCarter's devilish grin, coming back to West Hardin. But behind that is a little nervousness of playing a very surprising and capable underdog. I played for him for 3 years at West Hardin, and we didn't have near the athleticism that these boys do now, or the discipline. He is a great coach, but so is fuller. I can't wait.  Good luck Stangs in the first meeting of these schools I can remember and Go Big Blue, earn that respect baby!! 

Guest catfever

Classification doesn't mean anything.  If it doesn't mean anything to smaller classifications then why should it with larger ones.  I am sure that West Orange doesn't have more kids to pull from or that just play basketball.  I would like to know how many of WH kids just play basketball.  Probably not very many.  At least three of West Oranges starters alone don't play football.  The more kids you have to choose from the more that will concentrate on one sport because they don't get to play as much in the other ones because of the numbers.  Classification does matter.

You know there is never a day goes by that its not someone out there gotta try to say something to make WH look bad... My guess is JEALOUSY because WH looks so dang good.. maybe even putting some to shame.... Give credit where credit is due our guys played hard to get where they are at, they are good together as a team and they show great sportsmanship... more than some of the players on other teams. These guys has earned the spotlight... give them their glory for once without all the smack...Not to mention the outstanding Coach Fuller he is a top notch coach best I have seen my boys have at WH in a long time. He is good leadership for our kids and shows respect to each one. Together Coach and player show sportsmanship like non other... Way to Go Oilers..Keep Playing Hard and with Heart.....You got it all the way...

Catfever, real valid point. Classifications do matter for the reason you gave. All five starters and the two main kids off the bench played football. All started and went pretty much the entire game. The day football ends the kids are in the gym. One full practice and they are playing their first game. That has been my biggest concern is the little injuries during the football season popping up in basketball. Hasn't happened so far.

Oilers, let's take em one at a time. Tyler, I know you're an aggie, but Austin has to look pretty good right now. ;)

First of all congratulations on WH's great season.  They will find out how good they are or are not against a WOS team that lost its 2nd best player and floor general.  If they can't beat this team without bevil(which I suspect they wont) they cannot even get on the same floor with HJ.  I love what WH has done but they are asking for a little criticism by saying they can play with HJ at anytime.  Friday will tell us how good they are or are not.

Guest neon_bodeau

HJ tried to work it out with WH.  The game was offered and WH didn't want to.  They have their reasons and those reasons are to be respected.  Can't we all get over it.  Respect each team and what they are trying to get accomplished.  Wouldn't it be great to see the state champions from 1A-3A come from SE Texas.  I believe it is a real possibility.

First of all congratulations on WH's great season.  They will find out how good they are or are not against a WOS team that lost its 2nd best player and floor general.  If they can't beat this team without bevil(which I suspect they wont) they cannot even get on the same floor with HJ.  I love what WH has done but they are asking for a little criticism by saying they can play with HJ at anytime.  Friday will tell us how good they are or are not.

Couldnt even get on the same floor with big, bad HJ?  You HJ fans act like your s*** dont stink.  Wake me when HJ does something in the playoffs.

HJ should beat WH by 30 considering the size differences between the schools.  But they wouldnt.  But it doesnt matter.  Thats why 1A teams have their own playoffs, and 3A teams have their own playoffs.

They don't belong on the same floor as H_J???? >:(   West Hardin could win state and everyone would say "aww, those other teams had their junior high playing"  I know, right. West Hardin could't keep it within 100 pts. of HJ. HJ could beat Lamar. HJ could be in Las Vegas and beat the NBA all-star team. And since WO-S beat HJ once this year (probably cause all of the hawks had both arms tied behind their back and were only allowed to played three players or something) everyone in Sour Lake is praying that West Hardin gets it taken to them to take away from what they've done. We don't try and take anything away from Hardin Jefferson. Anything!!  And its rediculous. All I've seen is great job on your season, too bad you haven't played anyone. Or, great season, for a 1-A. More like you're not bad, but you don't compare with us.    Oh, yeah, almost forgot. Donahoe for president, and HJ gym is louder than Kyle Field when A&M plays Texas. Go Hawks..... self righteous buzzards.

;D I feel better.

First off HJ did not lose to WOS this year!

Now hold on a second fellas.  Re-read my post..........I said IF they dont beat WOS.  HJ beat WOS 3 times this year WITH bevil so if WH cant beat them without Bevil that is my belief.  I think Coach Fuller is an amazing coach and love what he has done there and respect the heck out of him, his team, WH fans, and the school district.  However, if WH can't play with WOS without one of the most crucial parts of there team then they cannot play with HJ.  Also, I understand the reasoning for not playing HJ.  A coach does what he has to do to make his team win and Coach Fuller is doing that.  NO ONE and I mean NO ONE can question him not playing HJ..................why?.................look at his record..........he is a good coach and when good coaches make decisions no one can question those!

Thanks for the clarification spinks. I know what you mean. I guess its just that the majority of the talk from everyone takes away from WH. The only reason they don't score 120 to 130 like chireno on teams like High Island (sorry cards) and Burkeville (my bad stangs) is because the coach is very conservative at West Hardin. If he gets up by 20 he sits on it. I've been on West Hardin teams that lost by 50 and 80 points, and it wasn't any fun, but when we won, we always had class. Even in football. If we were up by three scores in the second half, the starters came out.  Same way with these boys. They've won all year and haven't degraded anyone. They are much better than the scores against the schools that aren't so good show. Good luck to all in the playoffs. Yes, even the freakin, by-God, Hardin-Jefferson Hawks.  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder