WEst Hardin wanted no part in playing HJ, yet they play a very athletic WOS

no problem...........WH has always had classy fans,players, and coaches and they are earning respect by they day and they deserve it.  I would love to see them make a run at a state title!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apples and Oranges boys and girls.  Pears also if you want to bring any 2A teams in to this discussion.  I just hope as many teams as possible from the Beaumont area make it to the tourney in their own classification.  Good luck West Hardin, Hardin Jefferson, and also Kountze and East Chambers.

They don't belong on the same floor as H_J???? >:(   West Hardin could win state and everyone would say "aww, those other teams had their junior high playing"  I know, right. West Hardin could't keep it within 100 pts. of HJ. HJ could beat Lamar. HJ could be in Las Vegas and beat the NBA all-star team. And since WO-S beat HJ once this year (probably cause all of the hawks had both arms tied behind their back and were only allowed to played three players or something) everyone in Sour Lake is praying that West Hardin gets it taken to them to take away from what they've done. We don't try and take anything away from Hardin Jefferson. Anything!!  And its rediculous. All I've seen is great job on your season, too bad you haven't played anyone. Or, great season, for a 1-A. More like you're not bad, but you don't compare with us.    Oh, yeah, almost forgot. Donahoe for president, and HJ gym is louder than Kyle Field when A&M plays Texas. Go Hawks..... self righteous buzzards.

;D I feel better.

woah... before you speak you should get your facts straight.... HJ did not lose a game to WOS all year.... second, HJ's district is one of the toughest in the state with WOS, Silsbee, and Jasper and you consider those schools a nobody?... third, no one said that HJ could beat Lamar, they said it would be funny if they could actually play them.... fourth, whoever said the Hawk Hecklers are louder than the Aggieland, i've been goin to Aggie football games my whole life and there is no comparison... all im asking is to think before you speak... also good luck cuz rumor has it that one of the Mustangs starters is back

Spinks, thanks for everything you said in your second and third posts.  I just want to point out that so much of basketball is about match-ups that it's hard to compare two teams just because of their performance against a mutual team, you know what I mean?  I'll give you that HJ should beat WH any day of the week, but I do have to say that I believe WH could make a game out of it any day of the week.  And I also firmly believe that West Hardin has proven how good they are throughout their 27-1 season and has nothing to prove against WOS.  And I don't think that losing to WOS would be any prediction of how they do in the playoffs b/c they're not entering in the 3A bracket.  Anyway, just my thoughts...I appreciate you clarifying that you weren't trying to down WH! :)

Big_robes49, WH-BackInThaDay was being sarcastic...he wasn't saying that you guys haven't played anybody.  He was saying that that's what people say about West Hardin.

Good luck in the playoffs, HJ!

I would think HJ and WOS would both pose the same type match up problems for WH,both are big at the post and have super quick kids at the guard position.Between these 2(WOS and HJ)the real difference is in shooters.HJ has them falling off the end of the bench.These games will be played as a warm up so I don't look for any huge blowouts but that doesn't mean all the teams will be equal or close in talent.WH should take this invitation as a compliment on a very good season nothing more,nothing less.Congrats to all the area playoff teams.

Guest neon_bodeau

yepyep,

You don't want to compare post season history between HJ and WH.  Bottom line, end of story.

Why can't everyone get over this and move on.  There are great teams from our part of the state that all have legitimate shots.  END OF STORY!!!

This thread needs to die!

yepyep,

You don't want to compare post season history between HJ and WH.  Bottom line, end of story.

Why can't everyone get over this and move on.  There are great teams from our part of the state that all have legitimate shots.  END OF STORY!!!

This thread needs to die!

Your're right.  Just like HJ doesnt want to compare post season history with Kountze, Ozen or Lincoln.  Bottom line, end of story.

Not only should it end...it should have never been started in the first place.  Unless someone personally talked to Coach Fuller and can quote him saying "We want no part of you guys at HJ" then its a false claim.  With as much talent and the great players HJ does have I still don't see the benefit of playing West Hardin or Newton.  Did nobody else want to face them?

BOTTOM LINE:

SETX has alot of excellent kids on the court this year. All these kids are out there playing thier heart out and looking to move on in life and for alot of them that will just a few months away. So lets everybody get out there and support your respective teams and players and quit talking about WHAT IF. You will never know anyway.

Way to go Southeast Texas, we are well represented!!!!

Congrats and Good Luck to all teams and coaches.

They don't belong on the same floor as H_J???? >:(   West Hardin could win state and everyone would say "aww, those other teams had their junior high playing"  I know, right. West Hardin could't keep it within 100 pts. of HJ. HJ could beat Lamar. HJ could be in Las Vegas and beat the NBA all-star team. And since WO-S beat HJ once this year (probably cause all of the hawks had both arms tied behind their back and were only allowed to played three players or something) everyone in Sour Lake is praying that West Hardin gets it taken to them to take away from what they've done. We don't try and take anything away from Hardin Jefferson. Anything!!  And its rediculous. All I've seen is great job on your season, too bad you haven't played anyone. Or, great season, for a 1-A. More like you're not bad, but you don't compare with us.    Oh, yeah, almost forgot. Donahoe for president, and HJ gym is louder than Kyle Field when A&M plays Texas. Go Hawks..... self righteous buzzards.

;D I feel better.

hey dont be mad cause u aint us....

Come on guys, we should all be pulling for each other in the playoffs since we are not playing each other.

All of these are good teams and all have strengths and weaknesses.

Bigger schools do have some advantages in numbers to get players from and that don't play two or three sports.

That doesn't mean there can't be just as good of players in a small school.

Letsinger and Copeland were considered good enough to play on AAU teams with all the Beaumont area kids. Letsinger and Donahoe both played on the same team  I think.

The point, respect and pull for all of our teams in the playoffs as long as they aren't playing each other and then respectfully pull for your team while still respecting the other team.

I am excited as a fan about getting to see all of these teams and wish them all good fortune and God's safety in there playoff travels. 

I will say this WEST HARDIN HAS CLASS from top to bottom, and if you knew each player personally you would say the same. So What they cant beat the great HJ big deal, thats why WH is 1A. And to say they havent played any good teams, well you each have your opinion, and they have played some a few good teams. Like I said before people just cant let WH have their glory... and looks like to me people are just JEALOUS because for once WH is getting their TV spotlight and t hey aint.... so nough said..

Actually, HJ's post season success compares just fine with those schools.  End of story.

Are you serious?  This will be my last post on this topic because i actually respect HJ and their fine coaching staff.  But i need to put you in your place, bottom line.  End of story.

neon, tell me who doesnt belong?  we are talking PLAYOFF SUCCESS ok.  remember that.

Since the 1993-1994, season which was HJ's last trip to Austin, here is how Kountze, Ozen and HJ have fared in the playoffs:

Kountze- Been to Austin 5 times, with 2 State Titles.

Ozen-  Been to Austin 3 times, with 1 State Title.

HJ-  Been to Austin 0 times, with 0 State Titles.

Even Lincoln, Jefferson, EC, Goodrich, and Evadale have been to Austin since then.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder