*FRED WILLIAMS CLASSIC*/POST UPDATES HERE

Agreed they didn't look like a number 1 team ,but I don't think rankings does anything for no one but us, just a conversation piece.In my opinion a team is much more dangerous playing under the radar,kind of like a team did last year and made it to state (don't by into the hype ) if you know what I mean.

Edited by rc2182

I have to agree about the phantom travel call against Memorial, that was the difference in the ball game. Ozen didn't have an answer for Memorials #22 at that point. If the ball would have gotten to him on the block the game would have been over. No excuse to foul the 3 point shooter at the buzzer.

Not to me.  30 feet out and Boyd leaned in to draw the contact. Should have been a no call 

I kinda questioned the call also. And the Cal literally guaranteed win for Ozen. It should have been a no call. I have to say, Ozen got out hustled in the final seconds of regulation. Ozen was rewarded with that travel call and then the foul bell out. Should've been. Memorial taking last shot or OT.

at the end, but hot belled out by that call. Over all, good game. Kinda sloppy at times, but good game at the end.

Edited by bcjag

If Memorial woulda made their layups I hear it wasn't an excuse to be had. Our fault, nothing to Ozen. Oh well. 

I'll say this, I've never seen so many travel calls in all my years of watching Texas basketball. When Memorial tie the game, before that spectacular block off the glass, the refs hit #11 for the Titans with a crucial suspect travel. You should allow a step after a moving dribble, right? They called a lot of travels all three games, made the first two games boring at times. $5.00 is too high to watch these officials officiate,lol.

The jags on the other hand, wow, my man Franklin is coaching. What we ( Central fans) been complaining about on the last coach. Paul paced the floor and communicated with his players. I was impressed with his connection with the progress of the game. He communicated the whole game.

i also witnessed one point he was directing his team and an assistant was standing near the scores table coaching another player at the same time. central has some savvy now. Well coached machine. Players making outlets, communicating to each other, running the court and going bout their business. I was very impressed. I don't know if this will be the norm, my first game, but if it is? This team is gonna be good for a long time SETX.

Edited by bcjag

Soooo , if Ozen wins out they become #1 by default as Lancaster lost tonite.

Wonder if Ozen screams #1 

LMAO, #1 First Jag game since Paul took helm. Is HJ just that bad to y'all. They looked better than the first four teams as far as basketball progressions and organize basketball period. The first two games got sloppy at times. HJ will be good. #21 had a jam of a time, I was pumped

when he roses over our defense following TJ's slam. HJ is good. Barring the score, this team is technically sound. Good luck to them.

Central HJ was a pleasant game to watch. The ball movement by both teams and smooth transitions were pleasing to see. My son kept sayin,

" wow, this game is refreshing after watching those first two games". It was a difference. Again, refs!!!!!!!!!!!! Whistles, whistles, whistles

No discussion on Central's 21 point win over HJ???

pcould have gotten ugly, Paul called off the dogs. I was kinda glad he did. No need to dominate a smaller team to that extent. They all put their tops on  in third at the same time. I knew then they were all done. HJ will be alright. Coach have them playing good ball. 4a will have their hands full wit them.

If Memorial woulda made their layups I hear it wasn't an excuse to be had. Our fault, nothing to Ozen. Oh well. 

the nonexistent travel call on Nelson#11!!!! Literally helped Ozen steal it. Pissed me off. The officials shouldn't decide the outcome, JMO even if it's my Jags getting an unearned call, which they got their share, pathetic it was. Let the kids play, damn!

Im curious, every team has bad games but as soon as Ozen has one the keyboard haters come out and have 10 pages of why they arent deserving,its just puzzling... Last time i checked eveyone is a work in progress, its a longgggg season if your playing your best ball now your in trouble...

first time seeing Ozen so It was my first impression. Bad game for them? Oook. I kinda hope it was 

I kinda questioned the call also. And the Cal literally guaranteed win for Ozen. It should have been a no call. I have to say, Ozen got out hustled in the final seconds of regulation. Ozen was rewarded with that travel call and then the foul bell out. Should've been. Memorial taking last shot or OT.

at the end, but hot belled out by that call. Over all, good game. Kinda sloppy at times, but good game at the end.

This....

Yea, the starters had too much length and athleticism for H-J to handle.  We won by 20, but Coach Paul was rotating the entire starting lineup out at one time.  Our starters probably only saw about 8 or 9 minutes total in this game.  The bench played, H-J was able to score on them and kill them on the boards.  The starters?  Nothing went right for H-J when they were in...

Shout out to my man Lazeek.  Good to see you and drop a combo, Sir.  You were right.  #24 for H-J will be a baller in a couple of years.  So much basketball IQ and skill, can't wait to follow that kid's progress!

Same old Same old.I have noticed a lot of you are very critical of Ozen ,weather it be football, basketball ,track or badminton. If I had a kid defending a player 30 ft.from the goal with seconds left, I would be on his arse their was contact possibly should have been a no call but it wasn't. Also we don't want to talk about travel calls ,when there was plenty many against Ozen that virtually took Sneed out of his game.Last but not least we have short term memory Ozen played Memorial 3 times last year same situation blow out first game close games the other 2 (common opponent).Not taking anything away from coach Coleman with Memorial very good hire they have improved already. Ozen please lose some games get out of the rankings and just continue to do you.