OK LUMBERTON?

robanadana

After 7 years of cryin', wailing and gnashing of teeth you're back in the playoffs. Where in the he77 are y'all? Do you wanna be here or not? No posters, no threads, no craziness? I can remember a little football team  that faced Cosby in 2011 which had zero chance of winning...same as your facing now. We thumped the crud out of them at Lamar and would have done it again the following year had we not gone D1. So, get on the board, hold your heads up and cheer your Raiders on over those loudmouth Cosby pussycats! GO RAIDERS!

After 7 years of cryin', wailing and gnashing of teeth you're back in the playoffs. Where in the he77 are y'all? Do you wanna be here or not? No posters, no threads, no craziness? I can remember a little football team  that faced Cosby in 2011 which had zero chance of winning...same as your facing now. We thumped the crud out of them at Lamar and would have done it again the following year had we not gone D1. So, get on the board, hold your heads up and cheer your Raiders on over those loudmouth Cosby pussycats! GO RAIDERS!

Smh, biggest win in program history was over a young 6-5 Crosby squad that had already lost to Baytown Lee and to Dawson by 30. I guess when you're as awful as Vidor and your yearly projections often end in little to no chance you have to hold on to something though? It took your best team in program history to beat that squad which is why y'all are sub .500 since. Lumberton fans probably remember the 6-5 Crosby squad that beat them last time they were in the playoffs.

It's a lot different facing the undefeated #2 team in the state. I will say congrats to Vidor again on being the only team the last 8 years to beat Crosby in bi-district play after Friday night.

Here's the box score for you, I'm sure since there's no preview show tonight you and MTC will spend the night going back through it giving each other reach-arounds.

This is the hidden content, please

Smh, biggest win in program history was over a young 6-5 Crosby squad that had already lost to Baytown Lee and to Dawson by 30. I guess when you're as awful as Vidor and your yearly projections often end in little to no chance you have to hold on to something though? It took your best team in program history to beat that squad which is why y'all are sub .500 since. Lumberton fans probably remember the 6-5 Crosby squad that beat them last time they were in the playoffs.

It's a lot different facing the undefeated #2 team in the state. I will say congrats to Vidor again on being the only team the last 8 years to beat Crosby in bi-district play after Friday night.

Here's the box score for you, I'm sure since there's no preview show tonight you and MTC will spend the night going back through it giving each other reach-arounds.

Sorry, but that wasn't the best team in our rather dismal history (64 State Semi-Final team, lost on penetrations).  But still, it was a nice victory beating Crosby.  Which brings up a good point.  If Lumberton can beat Vidor, stands to reason they can beat Crosby also :) 

Sorry 14.2, devil made me do it lol

gotta "act like we've been there before" as we've been told in other threads lol... The odds are against us, stats, rankings, everything points to a Crosby easy win. But our boys will be fighting their butts off! It wouldn't surprise me if we hung in there and pulled out the upset! I just hope they still have a sour taste in their mouth from last Friday!

gotta "act like we've been there before" as we've been told in other threads lol... The odds are against us, stats, rankings, everything points to a Crosby easy win. But our boys will be fighting their butts off! It wouldn't surprise me if we hung in there and pulled out the upset! I just hope they still have a sour taste in their mouth from last Friday!

Nothing is more sour than the taste of dog..lol

Cougar14.2, I will gladly pay your gasoline and buy you a hamburger if you show up to next week's show. Hamburger Depot, Nederland Ave, Nederland, Texas next Wednesday @ 6:00 p.m. I'll send you a map if you don't know how to get out of Crosby. The onus isn't on the Raiders; you guys lose to them and this board is gonna light up like a thermonuclear blast. 

^ I guess you're finished airing up basketballs? Living vicariously through all this Lumberton success as well?

As 14.2 clearly stated, you really can't analogize Vidor beating a 6-5 Crosby team with two (barely) 15 year olds in the backfield. Crosby had lots of talent on that team but they were clearly an average to above-average team and that is all.  The fact that this 2011 win in the first round of the playoffs is still being brought up tells me either 1) Vidor has been historically terrible at football. Or 2) Vidor hasn't been able to make the playoffs in this district in awhile. Or is it both?

Edited by Northern Lights

Why are we talking about a vidor team would not have any players left with eligibility to be on the field?   Geez.  Talk about grasping at straws.

And I'm from Vidor.  Put that in your pipe and smoke it. 

Edited by Coug88

Best post yet !

But since Robanadana wants to talk history, I'll oblige. After doing some quick research I noticed that big playoff win against Crosby counts for 25% of Vidor's all-time playoff wins. And if Crosby beats Lumberton Friday night, Coach Riordan will have more playoff wins in 4 short years, than Vidor and Lumberton have had in their entire histories. 

But since Robanadana wants to talk history, I'll oblige. After doing some quick research I noticed that big playoff win against Crosby counts for 25% of Vidor's all-time playoff wins. And if Crosby beats Lumberton Friday night, Coach Riordan will have more playoff wins in 4 short years, than Vidor and Lumberton have had in their entire histories. 

Dang it, better get to Radio Shack and get some more microphones. 

watchout.....facts are confusing for many

That's still one more victory than you have against us. 0 - 1. 0.000 winning percentage. And, you had your chance for regular season play. Research that. The offer I made to Cougar14.2 stands for any of you clowns...I'll pay your gas and buy you a burger.

Methinks you Crosby folks bring up Vidor a lot.  Makes me think that the Sunday following Vidor's elimination from the playoffs, the Churches in Crosby were full of Cougar fans thanking The Good Lord you didn't have to play the Pirates and suffer another humiliating defeat.  Albeit Vidor defeating anyone lately is humiliating for the loser.

I realize on paper it would be a Crosby blowout, but it's an intangible thing.  Much like PNG has with Ned these last few years.  Does Vidor just get up for Crosby?  Crosby scared of Vidor?   Hey, I don't know, that's why they call it intangible.