Nederland vs New Caney Sat 14th at the Butch 6 PM

I think this will be a great game.  Having watched us play both, I'd like to pick NC.  My only issue is that Nederland has been there before. Can New Caney beat someone tough?  I know they've won 7 games, but their opponents were:

Wins - Diboll 4A (7-2) / Huffman 4A (5-4) / Porter (1-8) / Barbers Hill (4-5) / Humble (3-6) / Galena Park (2-7) / Kingwood Park (2-7)

Losses - CE King (8-1) / Crosby (9-0) / Dayton (6-3)

Take out the two 4A teams they beat and the combined record of their wins is 12-33.  Versus quality opponents they are 0-3.  Don't get me wrong, I think NC is a good, well coached team.  I hope they win for 21-5A, but its a tough call for me vs an opponent that won't be intimidated by the playoff atmosphere.

Edited by Red Dawn

I think this will be a great game.  Having watched us play both, I'd like to pick NC.  My only issue is that Nederland has been there before. Can New Caney beat someone tough?  I know they've won 7 games, but there opponents were:

Wins - Diboll 4A (7-2) / Huffman 4A (5-4) / Porter (1-8) / Barbers Hill (4-5) / Humble (3-6) / Galena Park (2-7) / Kingwood Park (2-7)

Losses - CE King (8-1) / Crosby (9-0) / Dayton (6-3)

Take out the two 4A teams they beat and the combined record of their wins is 12-33.  Versus quality opponents they are 0-3.  Don't get me wrong, I think NC is a good, well coached team.  I hope they win for 21-5A, but its a tough call for me vs an opponent that won't be intimidated by the playoff atmosphere.

all about matchups, NC offense versus Ned defense will be interesting to watch. 

I have not seen new Caney or will even begin to judge the match up problems that nederland faces. I know that in the playoffs, people show up and surprise everyone. It would take several films to see the match ups but I bet nederland has the right game plan to win this game. They have beaten teams they were not supposed to. Take away crosby, who are probably the best team in the region, and nederland has held their own. Dayton with Shaq at qb was a whole different kind of monster. Qb has to be on point cause people will have to load up to stop Krautz. Good luck dogs

2 common opponents are Dayton and Crosby that New Caney pushed both to the wire.  Nederland didn't do as well against either.  I got New Caney 45-34

I'll wait to see how Nederland does vs Lumberton before I make a prediction on this game.  It's a tough one to me.  I think NC is better, but I value knowing how to win when its tough. 

I'll wait to see how Nederland does vs Lumberton before I make a prediction on this game.  It's a tough one to me.  I think NC is better, but I value knowing how to win when its tough. 

Not the same New Caney team, those kids that moved in over there bring some experience and quite frankly some serious athleticism.  

having seen both teams play I think it will be a tough challenge for Nederland's defense because New Caney runs multiple formations on offense and their QB Ware can run the ball. On the flipside Nederland's offense will get some points too with Krautz running the ball and Lebaron passing ability. I think it will be a high scoring game for both teams it should be exciting if you are a fan of offense.