Texas at Iowa St

UTfanatic

Iowa State's 113th ranked defense with a nice shutout tonight. 

i wonder how many teams in the history of college football can say they faced the #1, #2, and #3 scoring offenses in the nation in three successive weeks.  That's gotta kill the defensive numbers, even though they held two of the three well under their season averages.  Even if Texas' offense DIDN'T suck they would've felt like a vacation after the last three weeks for isu 

Edited by bullets13

I disagree.  From what I've taken over the last couple of years on here from sec fans, any sec loss is not a bad loss.  On a side note, I'm pretty confident that isu would beat South Carolina.  On another side note, just to address all of the Aggies (you aren't one of them) who've gotten on various longhorn threads to gloat, I kinda doubt that the ags would get more than 6 wins with Texas' schedule this year.

I think that A&M would beat both Baylor and TCU by 21 points each - see I can say things that can never be proved or dis-proved as well.  

Fact is A&M D was questionable today just as Texas O was awful today - only 2 differences: (1) SC is a better program than Iowa State (2) A&M won and Texas did not.

I think that A&M would beat both Baylor and TCU by 21 points each - see I can say things that can never be proved or dis-proved as well.  

Fact is A&M D was questionable today just as Texas O was awful today - only 2 differences: (1) SC is a better program than Iowa State (2) A&M won and Texas did not.

I know you are being facetious, but atm wouldn't beat either of those teams this year.

I know you are being facetious, but atm wouldn't beat either of those teams this year.

Really no I do not think that A&M would beat either of those teams as I am a realist.

But I also have a good memory and in 2013 when A&M lost to 4 top 20 teams and lost 3 of those games by 7 points or less there were many Texas fans on this site that stated "A Loss is a Loss" quit making excuses about how good the team you lost too was - And no I think it is comical that Texas fans are using the same argument to support their team this year.  You need to understand I think it was then and is now a legitimate argument then as well as for Texas now - but you can't dismiss it when it applies to A&M and use it when it applies to your team.

I think I have been fair to Texas and thought that they had possibly turned a corner - after tonight they might have hit a truck that ran a red light before they turned the corner :)

But with that you can never use a loss to Iowa State as a "good" loss - Never!

Really no I do not think that A&M would beat either of those teams as I am a realist.

But I also have a good memory and in 2013 when A&M lost to 4 top 20 teams and lost 3 of those games by 7 points or less there were many Texas fans on this site that stated "A Loss is a Loss" quit making excuses about how good the team you lost too was - And no I think it is comical that Texas fans are using the same argument to support their team this year.  You need to understand I think it was then and is now a legitimate argument then as well as for Texas now - but you can't dismiss it when it applies to A&M and use it when it applies to your team.

I think I have been fair to Texas and thought that they had possibly turned a corner - after tonight they might have hit a truck that ran a red light before they turned the corner :)

But with that you can never use a loss to Iowa State as a "good" loss - Never!

I agree with you.  Texas has a long way to go.  I think Strong will have one more year to right the ship.

Not that it matters in the grand scheme, but my faith in Charlie is slipping away. That team looked unprepared an unmotivated. That is on the coaches. I'm tired of listening to coaches tell me in a press conference that they need to do a better job. Really? How much do you get paid?

At this point, I would understand 100% if UT made a change.

Not that it matters in the grand scheme, but my faith in Charlie is slipping away. That team looked unprepared an unmotivated. That is on the coaches. I'm tired of listening to coaches tell me in a press conference that they need to do a better job. Really? How much do you get paid?

At this point, I would understand 100% if UT made a change.

I tend to agree and this was not the first time this year - I do not know who the O coordinator is but his job title should be looked at as it looked like to me that Texas was set on what they were trying to do and when that did not work well lets try in again and see if it works no change or modification as the game went on - not a good sign- if I saw right IS had 2 LB targeting Heard to stop his run game and was daring Texas to pass - IS might have just given out the key to stopping Texas to the last 4 teams they face this year.

Edited by OldTimer