Top Nederland Player-Leaves!!

Just isn't logical to move a player across the country to another PUBLIC SCHOOL!!!!    And if the school is really bad as rumored, could not have been for athletic purposes.

I agree! Not logical at all. He has a personal trainer in Cali who filled his (and his family's) head with the belief that his chances are better to attain a scholly out West while training with this particular person. I just can't believe that they would bite on that idea. I can assure you that the transfer was for athletic opportunities (beyond HS). I can't imagine his chances being improved by moving to Cali! Head scratcher for sure. As mentioned previously, he HAD a golden opportunity to shine (and get noticed) on a Nederland team who could have realistically made it back to Katy this year. Instead, he decided to abandon his teammates and friends...

Which is my whole point about moving to another public school. Makes no sense unless they really are being advised by a person who have no clue how this offer/exposure/scholly/March-July scenario usually works.

Didn't you move your sons to another public school? Why didn't you send them to a private school?

Which is my whole point about moving to another public school. Makes no sense unless they really are being advised by a person who have no clue how this offer/exposure/scholly/March-July scenario usually works.

I heard it was an Academy...not a public school :) So there goes that

HF and Sabine Pass do not accept nor have the students a school like Ozen will take within their district.  Ozen had one of the best tutorial programs in the area. 

I subscribe to the theory that kids are the products of their environment, as opposed to the reverse.  The young are blessed in that the Lord made them resilient.  I do think success is greatly heightened by parental support, which is often lacking in some schools that struggle.  However, I happen to know for a fact that no young doves were or are lacking in that department ;)

I subscribe to the theory that kids are the products of their environment, as opposed to the reverse.  The young are blessed in that the Lord made them resilient.  I do think success is greatly heightened by parental support, which is often lacking in some schools that struggle.  However, I happen to know for a fact that no young doves were or are lacking in that department ;)

Have had two kids go through Ozen, both have received their college degrees and are doing just fine. Another is currently attending and is in top ten in her class.I am saying all of this to say it does not matter what school you attend if you have no parent support academically or athetically the parent failed the kid ,not the school .

Edited by rc2182

If you are an unsigned senior, playing in 5A, against Central and Ozen (scout draws), and you played in the post season...it aint the coach or the school :) 

Man, as parents we are so uninformed and make too many decisions with our hearts and not our heads. Listening to the wrong people who have never gone through the process or based on their experiences 5-10 years ago. I've said this several times, too many times people telling kids stuff and they have no clue what da hell they talking about.