Top Nederland Player-Leaves!!

Can't image any reason a kid would WANT to leave his team just before his senior year. Maybe its not the kid, maybe the parent is being transferred?? Season starts in two weeks. I couldn't imagine transferring to a new school (especially one out of this area) and joining a new team and expect good things to happen. He either:

1. gets there and the team is really good (and he plays a small role).

2.The team is really bad; therefore, no and not a positive experience

3. The team is average, he takes someone's spot on the team and his new teammates don't like him while he has a miserable Senior year

Adjusting to a new school and kids is hard enough during the middle of one's senior year. I couldn't imagine trying to join a new team as well. There will be many obstacles regardless of 1-3 above.

IF he has the option to stay in Nederland, why abandon your TEAM that you've played with for 3 years?? If it's opportunity/scholly reasons, go out, have an outstanding senior year, make some noise, and get noticed.  He could still have a tremendous senior year and get an offer or two. It's not too late. These kids have ALL played in multiple tourney's in Houston and some have played in Vegas and New Orleans. Plenty of exposure and opportunities to get noticed. Not sure how a change in scenery is going to change that. If anything, it would be more difficult to get noticed.  Moving to Cali or NY isn't going to change that, PERIOD!  No reason this TEAM couldn't go 2, 3, 4 rounds deep this year like we did 2 years ago and get even more exposure.

I would assume a kid like Jordan Hunter or Toe-Toe could have gone to a prep school for his senior year. They chose to stay, and they both made memories that they will never forget. Hunter ended up playing on the big stage in Austin for the Ship. Hard to compete with memories like that. Though it was many moons ago, my HS buddies and I still talk about our senior year of ball.

Can't image any reason a kid would WANT to leave his team just before his senior year. Maybe its not the kid, maybe the parent is being transferred?? Season starts in two weeks. I couldn't imagine transferring to a new school (especially one out of this area) and joining a new team and expect good things to happen. He either:

1. gets there and the team is really good (and he plays a small role).

2.The team is really bad; therefore, no and not a positive experience

3. The team is average, he takes someone's spot on the team and his new teammates don't like him while he has a miserable Senior year

Adjusting to a new school and kids is hard enough during the middle of one's senior year. I couldn't imagine trying to join a new team as well. There will be many obstacles regardless of 1-3 above.

IF he has the option to stay in Nederland, why abandon your TEAM that you've played with for 3 years?? If it's opportunity/scholly reasons, go out, have an outstanding senior year, make some noise, and get noticed.  He could still have a tremendous senior year and get an offer or two. It's not too late. These kids have ALL played in multiple tourney's in Houston and some have played in Vegas and New Orleans. Plenty of exposure and opportunities to get noticed. Not sure how a change in scenery is going to change that. If anything, it would be more difficult to get noticed.  Moving to Cali or NY isn't going to change that, PERIOD!  No reason this TEAM couldn't go 2, 3, 4 rounds deep this year like we did 2 years ago and get even more exposure.

I would assume a kid like Jordan Hunter or Toe-Toe could have gone to a prep school for his senior year. They chose to stay, and they both made memories that they will never forget. Hunter ended up playing on the big stage in Austin for the Ship. Hard to compete with memories like that. Though it was many moons ago, my HS buddies and I still talk about our senior year of ball.

From what I heard, it was job related.

This is a total shock. I hope it's not true but what I'm hearing is that his mom got a new job in California. "I'm hoping she finds something better here". I know this has to be hard on him, with it being his senior year.  You go from graduating with friends you've been with forever to graduating with a class you will hardly know.  I understand as a parent you have to do what's best for your family. A decision like this had to be hard for the Ballou's. I wish them the best of luck. He's a great kid and  will be missed. 

That's the key, if mother got a job to better the family , basketball is probably the last thing on their minds, as well as it shouldn't be. It should always come down to what's best for you and your family, sports should be the last thing too way into this decision. 

Edited by team first

if a kid WANTS to stay, it can be done easily. I know situations of a few families that have made it work. One moves, the other stays behind until the kid finishes school. 

I hear ya. But some families are pretty close. If I had to move away, my son would come with me. That's my best friend

I think Nelson would open up the floor. With that lineup you presumably have 3 ball handlers in Jase, Garret, and Adrian. Though with that being said no one can handle the ball like Jaylan could and it will be tough to replace. I think that now they will for sure split with Ozen in district. 

Yes he can but he needs to take care of business in the class room.  At this point I trust Hebert and Ary more.  Darryl Jones is another good ball handler as well. Who knows, maybe the grass want be any greener in California and Ballou returns back to play ball with his friends. 

I think Nelson would open up the floor. With that lineup you presumably have 3 ball handlers in Jase, Garret, and Adrian. Though with that being said no one can handle the ball like Jaylan could and it will be tough to replace. I think that now they will for sure split with Ozen in district. 

Huh? So with Jalen,  Nederland was gonna be at Ozen twice in district?