Cougars Vs Wildcats

Kinda the same posts and attitude I read in last years posts leading up to this game. How'd that come out?

There's no doubt the Cougars will have to play mistake free game and catch a break or two or three to win this one. Kirbyville is extremely talented from what I've seen and will be a force to reckon with.

It might be closer than some expect. We'll see soon enough.

Kinda the same posts and attitude I read in last years posts leading up to this game. How'd that come out?

There's no doubt the Cougars will have to play mistake free game and catch a break or two or three to win this one. Kirbyville is extremely talented from what I've seen and will be a force to reckon with.

It might be closer than some expect. We'll see soon enough.

Last year was trash talk cause both teams were good. This year Buna is down. Nowhere near the team they were last year. Kirbyville will walk in this one. 

I see a great Cat fight this week, Buna will play harder because they don't want to loose the title they got on us last year, but the Wildcats will be out for blood and everyone knows that makes for a great game, not to mention it is the Wildcats Homecoming and they will be playing a little harder to keep that win. I'm not saying either team is better than the other, because as I see it Buna has just as good of a record as we do, in district. I do see the Wildcats on top but I am hoping to see a great game! and a clean game, no fights or injuries.

Last year was trash talk cause both teams were good. This year Buna is down. Nowhere near the team they were last year. Kirbyville will walk in this one. 

Last year was some good trash talk. LOL Some great games in the district last year and expect the same this year. Not near as much trash talk this year because I'm just too busy. Back to the grind stone. Like WildCat in pink said "I am hoping to see a great game! and a clean game, no fights or injuries". Good Luck and God Bless both teams.

Disappointing sign of sportsmanship displayed by Kirbyville tonight at their bonfire.  They burned a dummy dressed in blue/gray to symbolize a Buna coach/player.  I know they are upset about losing their key to the city (lost every varsity game against Buna on the boys side last year) but this is extremely tasteless and leaves me smh. 

Kirbyville should win it, but please don't think it will be a cake walk. Buna's #44 is one of the better backs in the district and will run all over Kirbyville if they don't keep their head out of theit butt. And as for the sportsmanship (or lack thereof).....it doesn't surprise me at all. Smh. Great team though. I like watching them play, but can't say I'm pulling for them. 

Kirbyville 35

Buna 28

Disappointing sign of sportsmanship displayed by Kirbyville tonight at their bonfire.  They burned a dummy dressed in blue/gray to symbolize a Buna coach/player.  I know they are upset about losing their key to the city (lost every varsity game against Buna on the boys side last year) but this is extremely tasteless and leaves me smh. 

What?  I guess you've never seen the signs that teams put out on the side of the stands... "hunt the lions", " chop the lumberjacks", etc... or a pep rally where the kids do something to a mascot of the other team, or a professional baseball game... I saw it and recognized it for what it was, just some good clean fun... It was a straw dummy on a commode...  thats it, nothing more.   Get off your pompous high horse.  

I think it was a bunch of teenagers having their 1st bonfire for homecoming nothing more, when I was in high school we stole the Welcome to Cougar country sign to use in our road kill café float, and Buna kids killed a cat and put in our bus loop, that wasn't very tasteful either, it was not meant to be anyone just burning BLUE!!!!! and a cougar sign, if it was meant to be a coach or a player im sure they would have put a # or coach on the shirt. Buna and Kirbyville have always had that love hate thing going, it pushes all the boys, it doesn't matter if one team is having a down right lousy year, you can bet when they play each other the best WILL come out!!! because it drives them, stop being so arrogant and thinking that was the adults doing it and remember it is a bunch of high school kids trying to have an awesome homecoming and their first bonfire. Good grief I thought this thread was about football and not what they burned on there fire! Rant over......GO WILDCATS!!!!!

This reminds of the game we played my senior year back in 88. The mighty Wildcats were #5 in the state and us poor old Cougars were avg. @ best. Just a "pebble on the field" if I can quote my alter ego Wildcat backer. Result Buna 21 Kirbyville 20, I can still get my buddy Shelby Shaw red faced over that one.  Wish the Wildcats the best except for tonight.