Crosby vs Dayton

Definitely shouldn't let the subs play, they only bust their humps all summer and every week during practice.  It probably has a lot to do with trying to stay healthy.  "Could always try to break school records though"

I would never wish that any kids would not get an opportunity to play. Thats all. It reminds me of another team who was so good that they played in at the half every game then got into the playoffs and lost out in the 2nd round to an underdog...

Crosby reminds me of a certain other team from over there a few years back who dominated the land scape while pulling their starters early because of all the big  leads, Man they were  alot alike, Then get into the playoffs a round or two or three and get beat by an underdog of some sort or another, it was standard for that other team. I feel like they could be sneaked up on a couple of rounds deep. Best of luck Bronx this purple brother from another mother is pulling for you. Wish this game wasnt sharing the evening with Mid County Madness............So I could attend. 

That is the most rediculous post I have ever seen. Do you even read the stuff you write out loud before you click the submit button? Crosby isn't trying to win district. They are trying to win state. Why on earth would play your starters the whole game when you are up 5 scores in the first half? Geeeeez....... Good Luck Dayton! May we all be injury free and play a clean game. God Bless Texas High School Football!

Definitely shouldn't let the subs play, they only bust their humps all summer and every week during practice.  It probably has a lot to do with trying to stay healthy.  "Could always try to break school records though"

Teams better sub,injuries happen,chit happens,grades happen,job losses=relocate sometimes happens,district championship should be goal #1.Put a foot on the neck when possible/only sub for injuries & once team has pretty much quit.As long as AD= JS is @Dayt teaching/film room=Dayt has a chance. Don't worry who's next on the playoff horizon,if you get beat=congrats to the winner,then put on your colors(or theirs) and pull for your districts teams every week.Imma pull for 21-5a come playoff time,regardless of the opponents ranking..It's gut check time week #8 thru week #10=who wants it=King D1-Crosby D2-NC D1-Dayt D2 ** teams w/ slim chance needing some help=Humb (3 losses)@King-BH-Open-@GP**Kwp(3)losses w/NC-@Porter-@King-BH Good Luck

I would never wish that any kids would not get an opportunity to play. Thats all. It reminds me of another team who was so good that they played in at the half every game then got into the playoffs and lost out in the 2nd round to an underdog...

Crosby has outscored people 155-37 in the first half of games this year, three opponents were shut out and Nederland scored 6. The last three games it has been 99-10 in the first half of games. 

Crosby has several kids banged up and one running back is done for the season. They're winning by over 23ppg, there's no need to try to make that 40 and risk more injuries when you plan on playing 10 more games. This may be a newsflash for you but the majority of teams that are able to pull their starters when the game is in hand. Part of the reason for Crosby's current success is because of the experience kids have when it finally is their turn to start.

As far as SC I wouldn't consider losing to 15-1 Georgetown in the second round getting beat by an underdog. I don't think their loss to Magnolia West surprised many people that follow football in this area either. They play in a tough district, benefit from a big enrollment and have high quality players. Once again, another school that hasn't even been open 10 years yet. 

I think that's part of the reason Crosby has the participation they do now. Kids see if you're willing to work then there's a place for you. Some of the most fun times at the games are in the second half when we're trying to get some of the backups in the endzone. No matter how good or bad they play it's great to see them being rewarded. Not to mention there are also kids who have a career beyond Fridays, sitting my kid while the game wasn't in doubt would be seen as a solid by me as a parent. 

I'm sure the Twins' parents like them not being worn out so they're healthy enough to get their engineering degrees from Rice versus trying to let Austin get 3,000. 

That is the most rediculous post I have ever seen. Do you even read the stuff you write out loud before you click the submit button? Crosby isn't trying to win district. They are trying to win state. Why on earth would play your starters the whole game when you are up 5 scores in the first half? Geeeeez....... Good Luck Dayton! May we all be injury free and play a clean game. God Bless Texas High School Football!

He doesn't really use logic with his post, just kind of lays it out there. The current staff at Crosby has an .822 win percentage, I highly doubt they want to mirror anything PNG is currently doing. Crosby's qb will graduate and hold the school record for wins as a starter. PNG's qb will graduate with all the passing records and no playoff wins, so it's even more weird for him to mention the second round. I guess to each his own though? 

Crosby reminds me of a certain other team from over there a few years back who dominated the land scape while pulling their starters early because of all the big  leads, Man they were  alot alike, Then get into the playoffs a round or two or three and get beat by an underdog of some sort or another, it was standard for that other team. I feel like they could be sneaked up on a couple of rounds deep. Best of luck Bronx this purple brother from another mother is pulling for you. Wish this game wasnt sharing the evening with Mid County Madness............So I could attend. 

they not SC, trust me. SC was really overrated and I told ppl that. I told their fans that. I wasn't wrong. Crosby just needed defense, they had it last yr, from what I've seen they have it this yr. What has SC done since Sharp and Dakota Allen? Now what has Crosby done since the twins? Which is the better program after that? 

He doesn't really use logic with his post, just kind of lays it out there. The current staff at Crosby has an .822 win percentage, I highly doubt they want to mirror anything PNG is currently doing. Crosby's qb will graduate and hold the school record for wins as a starter. PNG's qb will graduate with all the passing records and no playoff wins, so it's even more weird for him to mention the second round. I guess to each his own though? 

My references were about rresting players noy who lost to who

This is a tough one to call since I didn't see Dayton play this year. They are both excellent teams with huge playoff potential this year. My gut feeling is that Crosby will pull it out. I feel like Crosby is on a mission this year. Not that I want my dogs to have to play either one of these teams again, just think Crosby gets it

Well, the time has come once again to play what has become the premier district rivalry in the SETX sports coverage area. After this year these two teams will have combined for 31 consecutive playoff appearances, Dayton(20) and Crosby (11). Dayton had a distinct advantage in the rivalry during the heart of the Stewart era, but the last 6 years(games) this matchup is 3-3 with the home team winning every game. 

I look at this like a game 7 with Dayton having home court advantage as it should be for having the better record in the series. I'll post the stats throughout the week. 

The question right now is which team gets it done? 

I will like to point out that the home team has not won every game the last 6 years. I believe Dayton beat Crosby at Crosby 2011 on a Fowler kickoff return. Dayton has had to play at Crosby 4 of the last 6 years do to redistricting. Other than that I like the game 7 playoff analogy. Really can't wait for Friday and I'm thinking we will see a very good game. I know both teams are a little banged up but this is Dayton Crosby so I'm sure every kid able to play will go 100%.

they not SC, trust me. SC was really overrated and I told ppl that. I told their fans that. I wasn't wrong. Crosby just needed defense, they had it last yr, from what I've seen they have it this yr. What has SC done since Sharp and Dakota Allen? Now what has Crosby done since the twins? Which is the better program after that? 

Yeah, I remember after Merka left how bad we were supposed to suck. Maybe we did since we lost in the first round to Vidor and finished 6-5? Then there was the "I can't wait until the Twins leave and y'all suck" comments. Now it's the "wait until that talent runs out" line. Eventually you just have to come to terms with the changing landscape. 

Yeah, I remember after Merka left how bad we were supposed to suck. Maybe we did since we lost in the first round to Vidor and finished 6-5? Then there was the "I can't wait until the Twins leave and y'all suck" comments. Now it's the "wait until that talent runs out" line. Eventually you just have to come to terms with the changing landscape. 

Crosby always has and always will have talent IMO. As long as they have the coaching, they're gonna be a tough out and then some.

Guys this was supposed to be about resting player vs continuity in the playoffs. I apologize for getting a little off task from its intentions. I in no way was meaning to reference to kids not getting to play...

Crosby rested players last year and looked better in the playoffs than they did in the regular season. If you have a good staff the kids will be ready, they probably get more work in practice playing against each other than they do against the competition we face anyway.

Hard to argue substitution patterns when your coach comes from a state championship staff and has his current team ranked #2. 

Broncos by a TD and a field goal 

Dang, you think Dayton will get 60 on the best defense in the district? Or do you think Dayton's defense will hold the best offense in the district to less than Kingwood Park put up. A defense that has already given up 57, 41, 41 and most recently 35? 

I will like to point out that the home team has not won every game the last 6 years. I believe Dayton beat Crosby at Crosby 2011 on a Fowler kickoff return. Dayton has had to play at Crosby 4 of the last 6 years do to redistricting. Other than that I like the game 7 playoff analogy. Really can't wait for Friday and I'm thinking we will see a very good game. I know both teams are a little banged up but this is Dayton Crosby so I'm sure every kid able to play will go 100%.

Yeah, forgot the kick return game was in Crosby in '11. It was almost midnight when I stared the thread Saturday so the Coors Light may have affected my recollection. Well, looks like Crosby owes y'all then. I think they get it done in a no doubter. 

Dang, you think Dayton will get 60 on the best defense in the district? Or do you think Dayton's defense will hold the best offense in the district to less than Kingwood Park put up. A defense that has already given up 57, 41, 41 and most recently 35? 

Naw all we need is 45

Edited by workbootz

Oh OK, so you're going to hold Crosby to the same amount of points as Kingwood Park and less than King and Nederland? Very interesting thought process seeing as how the majority of teams Dayton has played this year scored 35 or more.  

King and Ned both scored 41. So actually I think he is saying Crosby could score anything under 45 and Dayton wins.