2015-16 TABC State Rankings, FINAL RANKINGS

I know the Lions have Arnold back which makes them a good pick. Didn't they lose one to graduation and one that moved ?If so they may not be a state power, they weren't real deep last year and the underclass squads were not very strong. Look for EC to be very much improved , even with a late start.

Funny... I vividly remember you saying the same thing last year too and we all see how that turned out.... That was almost a cookie-cutter, copy-and-paste textbook response from you.

Watch out for the Kountze underclassmen this year. Harper graduated and Cunigan moved to Ozen for his Sr. season. I expect a smooth transition in those roles by some underclassmen who didn't have to do much last year. You'll see.

Funny... I vividly remember you saying the same thing last year too and we all see how that turned out.... Watch out for the Kountze underclassmen this year. Harper graduated and Cunigan moved to Ozen for his Sr. season. I expect a smooth transition in those roles by some underclassmen who didn't have to do much last year. You'll see.

Where did Harper go?

Graylond Arnold and Jr. Teran Stanford will lead the Lions this year. 6'2 Jr. Micheal Cole will play a big role for the Lions this year as well.

I expect the biggest role increase to be #10 "Ty" Edwards. He'll be a Soph. this year. He put up alot of points last year coming off the bench.

That was more of a question than a response. I watched Kountze a lot last year and knew there big guy was senior. They had Graylon and a real good shooter on the wing. That was a 3 out of a 6 or 7 man rotation. I just was curious about such a lofty ranking without a lot of depth. Usually the Lions have really good clubs in the under classes. As long as the have Arnold they will be a contender.

Funny... I vividly remember you saying the same thing last year too and we all see how that turned out.... That was almost a cookie-cutter, copy-and-paste textbook response from you.

Watch out for the Kountze underclassmen this year. Harper graduated and Cunigan moved to Ozen for his Sr. season. I expect a smooth transition in those roles by some underclassmen who didn't have to do much last year. You'll see.

Let me get this straight and hope some here can enlght me here. kountze has a young man transfer to ozen for basketball reason and its okay he play upcoming season and im sure there other transfers. central gets a couple of transfers ands its all these issues. about them playing this. year, please explain...

Let me get this straight and hope some here can enlght me here. kountze has a young man transfer to ozen for basketball reason and its okay he play upcoming season and im sure there other transfers. central gets a couple of transfers ands its all these issues. about them playing this. year, please explain...

His dad has a job with the district @ Ozen.  Employees can transfer their child or children if employed at that school...

He plays football, basketball, and runs track. His move was definitely not for basketball reasons. If that was the case he could have stayed at Kountze, dont'cha think?

Silsbee will have their hands full in the region with LA Marque and Navasota. I think Silsbee has enough talent to beat them both. I look forward to a fun basketball season. 

Don't sleep on the district rival.  Before last season, I predicted Silsbee would only lose 3 district games (at most) in 5 years.  I figured in that number that they would lose one last year and one this year.  

Kountze will will be a state power as long as Grayland Arnold is still lacing up his shoes and does not graduate early. That's a fact. Central will make it back to state because the 7'3 transfer will get approved because why not it's UIL. BS will mop the floors with 1A and will still have to beat the same team they lost to last year. Silsbee will have to beat Navasota to make it to state I would be willing to bet they could do that. 

Kountze will will be a state power as long as Grayland Arnold is still lacing up his shoes and does not graduate early. That's a fact. Central will make it back to state because the 7'3 transfer will get approved because why not it's UIL. BS will mop the floors with 1A and will still have to beat the same team they lost to last year. Silsbee will have to beat Navasota to make it to state I would be willing to bet they could do that. 

IMO, Central was a serious contender in region III even before the big men transferred in.

Jim Hicks opinion of the Pre-Season Rankings: 

5A
Beaumont Ozen is listed at #2 in the state (over #3 Beaumont Central) is definitely an eye opener.  Actually this is dead wrong and even Beaumont fans know it. Ozen has been getting their heads handed to them during various Fall Ball events.  The #2  5A team in the state don't lose Fall Spring or Summer ball vs the likes of Beaumont Kelly.  Sure, Ozen's top prospect is still on the football field, but if this young man can indeed lead the Panthers back to state, then he should be selected "Mr. Basketball" or the Most Valuable Player in all of 5A. 

Elkins is listed at #14 (behind #11 Marshall who lost their best player Christian Barrett via transfer to Westbury Christian).

The fact that Bush was not listed among the Top 25 teams in the state is almost as equal of an error as placing Ozen at #2.  This Bush team is flat out loaded (they feature the best sophmore backcourt in the state, hands down) and TABC just supplied this team with all the motivation they needed to enter this season with one helluva chip on their shoulder.