Why every other Big 12 fan thinks it's hilarious Texas fans are mad about the refs

Guest ECBucFan

I think the ref that flagged Chuckles is an Aggie (at least I hope so).

what goes around comes around
phrase of 
This is the hidden content, please

1. 1.
    proverb
    the consequences of one's actions will have to be dealt with eventually.

looked like ol Chuckster bumped the ref, I can see why he got flagged. 

looked like ol Chuckster bumped the ref, I can see why he got flagged. 

I know we have a reputation for getting all the calls.  And I admit for good reason in many instances.  But this game was unlike any I have seen. 

As for Charlie bumping the ref, I would ask who initiated the contact?  I will give you a hint...the conference office doesn't believe it was Strong.  And they are right (see end of video below).  This dude's punishment ought to be a fist shoving match with Chuckie.  No gloves. 

I know we have a reputation for getting all the calls.  And I admit for good reason in many instances.  But this game was unlike any I have seen. 

As for Charlie bumping the ref, I would ask who initiated the contact?  I will give you a hint...the conference office doesn't believe it was Strong.  And they are right (see end of video below).  This dude's punishment ought to be a fist shoving match with Chuckie.  No gloves. 

you're right, I didn't see that angle initially. 

Wow, that's the first time I saw it replayed. That flag put them in FG range. Hoops, the haters will disregard all those pitiful calls. Can anything be done to those refs? I mean there is video proof.

I am so thankful that so many Ags tune in the Horns. We appreciate the viewership.....cha ching!

i remember that play and thought it was strange. When does the clock stop, when it hits the ground?

In all fairness, a lot of the time they spend watching The Longhorn Network is due to "accidentally" hitting the remote, and it lands on the channel.  2 hours later, they figure out how to change it back to the SEC Network.  I heard that here...

I am so thankful that so many Ags tune in the Horns. We appreciate the viewership.....cha ching!

i remember that play and thought it was strange. When does the clock stop, when it hits the ground?

yes it stops when it hits the ground, and there was 1sec left, good grief. I guess the video footage lied too. Ball hit right before the clock hit zero, bang bang instance, the replay officials got it right. 

Trust me as soon as the Aggie's stumble all the Texas posters on this site will be able to quote the games errors blow by blow - only reason ya'll are quite at the moment is well you just ain't got that much to use to degrade the Aggie program - trust me it is coming.  

But please do not fool yourself that Texas faithful are not watching every Aggie game waiting for - in their opinion - the collapse of the Aggie program.

I do watch the Horns - except when they are on the LHN - I ain't paying = sorry

Edited by OldTimer

Wow, that's the first time I saw it replayed. That flag put them in FG range. Hoops, the haters will disregard all those pitiful calls. Can anything be done to those refs? I mean there is video proof.

According to the Director of officials for the Big 12(a Texas Grad btw) it wasn't the bump that drew the flag, but what was said.  When Charlie was asked what he said to the official, he responded "I forgot."

According to the Director of officials for the Big 12(a Texas Grad btw) it wasn't the bump that drew the flag, but what was said.  When Charlie was asked what he said to the official, he responded "I forgot."

i guess Charlie called him an arsehole or said Go Crosby and ref threw the flag immediately. 

that was an obvious joke.  You can read lips and tell he said what dozens of coaches say every weekend (right or wrong) and don't get flagged for...especially with the game on the line.  Craig Way is correct in his call on the video - you just don't make that call.  What is clear is that Strong was walking away, the official pursues him, and bumps the coach, after which he immediately throws the flag.  BUT, it's not the bump (that he initiated) that drew the flag?  Of course they are going to say that.  How could you not once you are shown to have caused the contact?

Regardless, the director of officials no longer has the reins here. 

that was an obvious joke.  You can read lips and tell he said what dozens of coaches say every weekend (right or wrong) and don't get flagged for...especially with the game on the line.  Craig Way is correct in his call on the video - you just don't make that call.  What is clear is that Strong was walking away, the official pursues him, and bumps the coach, after which he immediately throws the flag.  BUT, it's not the bump (that he initiated) that drew the flag?  Of course they are going to say that.  How could you not once you are shown to have caused the contact?

Regardless, the director of officials no longer has the reins here. 

Ok you are right.  It's because he's black like many Texas fans have suggested.  

Ok you are right.  It's because he's black like many Texas fans have suggested.  

It's not about me being right.  The tape doesn't lie.  That's what great about the video age.  We can see things with our own eyes.  To explain otherwise is as asinine as making it a race issue (which I never referenced in the quote you provided).  Then again, if I had the time or inclination, I could probably fill up several pages of a thread on the retarded things stated on TexAgs in any given 24 hr window...

It's not about me being right.  The tape doesn't lie.  That's what great about the video age.  We can see things with our own eyes.  To explain otherwise is as asinine as making it a race issue (which I never referenced in the quote you provided).  Then again, if I had the time or inclination, I could probably fill up several pages of a thread on the retarded things stated on TexAgs in any given 24 hr window...

The tape doesn't have audio so I doubt you know what Charlie said to the official and he doesn't seem to remember.  All we to go by is the statement made by the Big 12 head of officials.  

I coach baseball, where yelling at umps js a national pastime.  There are certain things that you don't say or do to umps/refs or you will get ran in a heartbeat. See Bull Durham

Did Charlie say something worthy of the flag?  We will probably never know.  Did Charlie lose his cool and probably cost his team a win?   I would say yes and a man that makes $5 mil a year needs to be better than that and I think Charlie would agree. 

The tape doesn't have audio so I doubt you know what Charlie said to the official and he doesn't seem to remember.  All we to go by is the statement made by the Big 12 head of officials.  

I coach baseball, where yelling at umps js a national pastime.  There are certain things that you don't say or do to umps/refs or you will get ran in a heartbeat. See Bull Durham

Did Charlie say something worthy of the flag?  We will probably never know.  Did Charlie lose his cool and probably cost his team a win?   I would say yes and a man that makes $5 mil a year needs to be better than that and I think Charlie would agree. 

No he wouldn't. He's got TxHoops ear. It's all about perception.