#8 Woodville(+30) @ Deweyville
Warren(+2) @ Huntington
Kountze @ #6 Corrigan-Camden(+18)
#5 Kirbyville BYE
Hardin BYE
#2 East Chambers BYE
Buna vs. Hamshire-Fannett (+14)
Anahuac BYE

Marquee match-up of the week is when the Buna Cougars host the Hamshire-FannettLonghorns. This game should really show where the Cougars are at before the start of district. 

Updated District Predictions:

1. #2 East Chambers 

2. #5 Kirbyville 

3. Kountze 

4. #8 Woodville 

5. Buna 

6. Warren 

7. Hardin

8. Anahuac 

Edited by eagleswoodville#1

Kountze will be fine once district starts IMO... Shouldve beat Hardin Jefferson but they didnt. The difference thats gonna put Kountze ahead of Woodville will be that Kountze will be battle tested. Shepherd, HJ, and Corrgin Camden will have the Lions in shape and tested. But I think its a dog fight between Kountze, Woodville, and Buna for 3rd-5th. Hardin prolly has improved and are headed in the right direction but still behind these 3. 

I said last year, after Kountze lost a couple games, that they would finish behind Woodville, and they beat us 56-6. So, for that reason, I have them ahead of Woodville. But I'd also be extremely surprised to see Hardin finish 5th, much less make the playoffs. Although, they are better than I thought apparently. I don't think one win over a mediocre team puts you in playoff contention at all. 

Battle tested, I've heard that for the last 3 years and it hasn't helped yet. Kountze has got to find ways to utilize one of the best weapons they will ever have. I'm hoping for a fourth place, but fifth place wouldn't surprise me. 

Compared to past teams in Kountze, the last three years have been am exception. It wasn't too long ago that Woodville was beating Kountze pretty handily. In fact, in 2011-12 school year, it was 35-0. So, there last three teams are a vast improvement from the last 8 years before them.