Nederland vs. Dayton

Bronco94

I would think Neumann will have a good plan of attack for this week.. If he can figure out a way to get his passing game going, I think Nederland has a chance.. The defense gained some experience last weak against the MECA. The score of that game doesn't tell the tale of how close it really was..

That belongs in the excuses thread 

This will be a battle. Injuries in Dayton may lead to some unwelcome controversy. IMO, they may be a better team this Friday if the right player is behind center. Either way it will be close, bot teams have to much pride for the outcome to be too lopsided. I'm thinking low scoring, defensive struggle? 

Dayton - 15 (5 FG's)

Nederland - 14

So we have a back-up QB controversy, that's a first, but everything is important in Nederland.  I get it.

ok lets get it- in football you play your best athlethe yes or no-I will honestly say this right now and not being cocky Tavian is a true athlete-he is playing a position he never played to help his team and doing OK at it-Do y'all go Ned games and see how it works- They will only use TAVIAN at Qb when there are no other kid of daddy favor to come up with and I'm saying in a manner to please this site. If you truly watch Ned games their certain kids oh can be used in trenches but when it comes to offense awww hell - what's the name of that movie is it Varsity Blues use a kid take him out read between the lines. I say this because my boys looked up to this school, this all they know being raised here-so in saying that it is why I say I won't let them use him anymore even if that means he won't play-kid gives his all to be held back by something God gave him. 

Some punctuation would be nice, but I get your drift.

I think it is Offensive Philosophy that is holding your son back. But, it might be the dreaded R word. 

I say if he can throw as well as the other dudes, can learn the offense and run it effectively, then the best athlete should be playing QB. 

Always better to have an athlete back there to make plays when all hell breaks loose. Rather have a kid that can move and make plays with his feet, not statues need apply.

I think that you have to do what is best for the team. Players are positioned by coaches to win games. This team,like many  former Nederland teams, does not have the luxury of drawing from a huge talent pool like some other larger schools. Coacheshave to look at what they have available to them and field the best possible team. Does thatmean a particular kid might excel at a position he is not currently playing ?Possibly .   I would consider my kid fortunate to just be able to be on the field when the lights come on. Because there are alot of kids on the team working there tails off that may never step on the field but they are out there working and doing what is best for the TEAM....

No- I was trying to reply to the quote from" play action pass" when he said  Ned 15 to 14 over Dayton -

I felt his vibes,we've made our streak of playoff years lately off the foot of several real good kickers,because of qb woes putting us in 4th & long.Gimme 1 of 21-5a top 5 qbs,we're going deep.Last Dayt qb to run for 1,000 & pass for a 1,000 +just graduated from Lamar=Peyton Ploch