WO-S @PN-G

skipper

Plus1 has officially hijacked this thread.... Next week we will need to make more Crosby threads so he can worry about his own team... Maybe we should divide them up next week.. You know like a champions thread and a non champions thread..

Well, we know which thread the Crosby posters won't be in.

Skipper, Kicker, WOSGRAD, Gasilla and all of you other WOS fans have safe journeys across the bridge tonight and I wish your Stangs the best of luck. It always makes me proud to play such a first class school and its fans. May the best team win and Ill be saying a prayer for no injuries tonight!!!!! 

Amen to the "no injuries". Here's to both teams getting better tonight and the best team winning.

There goes that past rearing its ugly head again. BTW- you played or had a vested interest or perhaps the waterboy in the 90's so u feel apart eh. 

Forgot to add State semifinals, 5 rounds deep, no shame in that. You wouldn't know how that feels so it's understandable in the upper levels of east Texas football. 

So which one is it, do you not want to talk about history or do you?  Or just whenever it suits you (since you only have one year to talk about)

Well now, my final thoughts before tonight's game.... If history is any indicator of tonight's final score, WOS should win..... However, when you have two tradition rich teams anything is possible.. That being said, I hope we see a tough fought, hard hitting, action packed game.. Injury free, and let everyone get home safe.... Usually going into this game I have a really good idea if we can win or not, but last week did not help me make a educated decision... My hope is that the Indians pull out the upset victory, but at this point in my life it will not be a deal breaker if it comes out the other way.. Although Nederland is our biggest rival, this is the game I circle on my calendar each year... Simply because there is not a better atmosphere known to High School football than to have "Greatness" on your field... I've asked the question before, and I know the answer.... You will not put another game together this year with the amount of Hardware these two schools have.... And that my friends is how I Describe GREATNESS........ Some mistake it for arrogance, but tonight I believe over 10 thousand people will agree with that statement. May the best team win, I can promise we will both be better for it at the end.......... 

Well done, sir!

Crosby 52-0???? I usually don't acknowledge Argon sniffers and such folk but this time I wil.  WO-S and Crosby haven't played that much to my knowledge.  I do remember playing them a few years back in the playoffs.  It was like a playoff game with a scrimmage atmosphere.  Might even have been a running clock in the second half.  Midway thru the 4th quarter WO-S was plumb out of subs and actually started playing kids who were not even in suited up in uniform.  Would like to see Coach gets these guys for a two year series at least.

Crosby 52-0???? I usually don't acknowledge Argon sniffers and such folk but this time I wil.  WO-S and Crosby haven't played that much to my knowledge.  I do remember playing them a few years back in the playoffs.  It was like a playoff game with a scrimmage atmosphere.  Might even have been a running clock in the second half.  Midway thru the 4th quarter WO-S was plumb out of subs and actually started playing kids who were not even in suited up in uniform.  Would like to see Coach gets these guys for a two year series at least.

That's a lot going on in a game that ended up 35-7. We've beat teams 70-0 recently and not had all that go on. Especially seems weird for a game 27 years ago where coaches probably would have told players to suck it up. WOS probably had a higher enrollment than Crosby at that time anyway. I'll find somebody who played in that game and ask them about it. 

I don't think Crosby would drop down to play WOS because there's no benefit in it for Crosby. They'll probably be a third Crosby's size at the next re-alignment, it's not a historical matchup and we won't see them in the playoffs. Winning a game like that wouldn't even improve Crosby's standing on the 5A level. Lot bigger games Crosby can get in their own class. 

That's a lot going on in a game that ended up 35-7. We've beat teams 70-0 recently and not had all that go on. Especially seems weird for a game 27 years ago where coaches probably would have told players to suck it up. WOS probably had a higher enrollment than Crosby at that time anyway. I'll find somebody who played in that game and ask them about it. 

I don't think Crosby would drop down to play WOS because there's no benefit in it for Crosby. They'll probably be a third Crosby's size at the next re-alignment, it's not a historical matchup and we won't see them in the playoffs. Winning a game like that wouldn't even improve Crosby's standing on the 5A level. Lot bigger games Crosby can get in their own class. 

Sounds like a situation when a kid is picking on a pit bull knowing that the pit bull will never be able to get out of the fenced yard.

Sounds like a situation when a kid is picking on a pit bull knowing that the pit bull will never be able to get out of the fenced yard.

I'm just saying, there's really no benefit in it for Crosby. If WOS wins they get a feather for beating a bigger school with a solid program, if Crosby wins it's "oh well, we'll see what happens when they play a 5A school". Why not play one of the powers in your own class to get a judge of where you are? 

I'm just saying, there's really no benefit in it for Crosby. If WOS wins they get a feather for beating a bigger school with a solid program, if Crosby wins it's "oh well, we'll see what happens when they play a 5A school". Why not play one of the powers in your own class to get a judge of where you are? 

WHat power you speaking of

Schools like George Ranch, Elkins, Stratford, Ridge Point, Foster, Marsgall or even schools like Magnolia West. All those teams are deeper and better at the line of scrimmage than WOS which is what wins in the playoffs. 

Cool like making it to the State Championship. Say what WOS did last season.

Schools like George Ranch, Elkins, Stratford, Ridge Point, Foster, Marsgall or even schools like Magnolia West. All those teams are deeper and better at the line of scrimmage than WOS which is what wins in the playoffs. 

I understand the sentiment and to an extent I agree with it.  But there is just one problem in the execution of that sentiment in this case. 

Schools in this area do have the schools listed above as their opponents.  In fact, the very West Orange-Stark team which you claim would not be of any use in preparing Crosby for the post season is one of those area schools.  But, I don't see any of those teams on Crosby's schedule.