WO-S @PN-G

skipper

I understand the sentiment and to an extent I agree with it.  But there is just one problem in the execution of that sentiment in this case. 

Schools in this area do have the schools listed above as their opponents.  In fact, the very West Orange-Stark team which you claim would not be of any use in preparing Crosby for the post season is one of those area schools.  But, I don't see any of those teams on Crosby's schedule. 

Crosby has the 4-time defending 22-5A champ on the schedule. They also have Angleton, who went three deep last year, on the pre-district schedule.  For only having 2 non-district games it's hard to argue with those two. I'm sure there will be more quality non-district games on the schedule next year also. 

Look at Crosby's non-district schede for about the last decade, we haven't played down a single time and other than maybe Willis there's not a single slouch on there. 

Like I said, WOS is on Foster's schedule out of necessity for Foster have 5 non-district games. We'll see how that game goes this year now that Foster can score. 

Again, the sentiment isn't matched with action.  Y'all get a pass on Angleton as at the time they were scheduled, they were a pretty good team.  However, this Nederland team that is now one of the as, you say it, powers, that Crosby looks to prepare them for the post season happens to be the same Nederland that two weeks ago (and to some since then) was merely the lead school of a district that was so weak that you and the Cougar faithful thought would be swept in bi-district.  So to go from bi-district also-ran to a power capable of being among those names that you mentioned above in a period of less than two weeks......NOW THAT IS A TRANSFORMATION!!!!

And the reason that Foster is on West Orange-Stark's schedule is a little more simplistic than you held it out.....they simply asked Foster to play them.  I do not expect WO-S to be favored in that one, but you are correct, we will see.

Again, the sentiment isn't matched with action.  Y'all get a pass on Angleton as at the time they were scheduled, they were a pretty good team.  However, this Nederland team that is now one of the as, you say it, powers, that Crosby looks to prepare them for the post season happens to be the same Nederland that two weeks ago (and to some since then) was merely the lead school of a district that was so weak that you and the Cougar faithful thought would be swept in bi-district.  So to go from bi-district also-ran to a power capable of being among those names that you mentioned above in a period of less than two weeks......NOW THAT IS A TRANSFORMATION!!!!

And the reason that Foster is on West Orange-Stark's schedule is a little more simplistic than you held it out.....they simply asked Foster to play them.  I do not expect WO-S to be favored in that one, but you are correct, we will see.

When Ned was put on the schedule during the '12 re-alignment they were coming off a 3rd round appearance. During '12 and '13 while they were on the schedule they won the most games of any 5A team in the coverage area along with SC. If a team in your class wins 33 games in 3 years and wants to play you and say "no", it'll probably be considered ducking them. I'm sure that's part of the reason they're on the schedule for the last alignment. 

Wait until you see the non-district schedule for the next re-alignment. 

If Foster didn't need a non-district game in week 6 the Mustangs wouldn't be on the schedule. They were just the best team available while everyone else has been in district play for two weeks.