WO-S @PN-G

skipper

First of all I didn't spell it like "playa" simply because PNG has idiot fans like Fox, who I'm sure uses all sorts of epithets when unfiltered, will go to his usual Barrett Station comments. 

I'm saying that in nearly a decade what my initial post states is the case. It's been a good while since teams they played up and beat won a playoff game. That's not a shot at WOS at all, it's a logical sequence of events as you play up with a declining enrollment. 

You're making my point as to why Crosby wouldn't play up. If we're getting tuned up by 21 by the top 5A teams around here why would we even need to step up, and trust me those are nothing compared to when we played Ennis. 

WOS is monster, they're even more of a beast now because they'll never have to play teams like Navasota, Argyle, Graham, Carthage or Stephenville in the playoffs anymore. WOS is one of about 10 schools in the state that will always compete at a high level simply due to the level of talent they produce comparable to their classification.

Regardless of the opponent, if you've been beaten by them lately while playing up it hasn't turned out well that second weekend in November when you're likely to play a deeper team. 

I understand the original post. You were saying that PN-G's season may not go well because of an early season loss to a lower team with new players.

Crosby has also been a direct beneficiary of realignment and talent relative to teams they won't have to face in the playoffs anymore. (WO-S has never played Argyle, Graham or Stephenville).

Like I said, don't really care about Crosby.

Anyway, to the game... the WO-S/PN-G series has produced two of the best HS games I've seen, in '89 and '98. (The last two were pretty good as well). If PN-G moves the ball like they did in the first half of last years game, could be big trouble for WO-S.

I'm sure that was the case since with all ur knowledge you're in the know. WO-S is nowhere near the same caliber as Crosby, the Coogs would thump em by 50. 

Crosby would probably beat WOS, but I would like one of you history gurus to look up how many times WOS has lost by 50 points. it's all hypothetical but I can't see Crosby or any body beating WOS by 50

Skipper, Kicker, WOSGRAD, Gasilla and all of you other WOS fans have safe journeys across the bridge tonight and I wish your Stangs the best of luck. It always makes me proud to play such a first class school and its fans. May the best team win and Ill be saying a prayer for no injuries tonight!!!!! 

Crosby would probably beat WOS, but I would like one of you history gurus to look up how many times WOS has lost by 50 points. it's all hypothetical but I can't see Crosby or any body beating WOS by 50

I don't know that they would win. You can only put 11 on the field... That 50 point thing is just to ludicrous for me to address. They don't believe it and neither do we. 

Well now, my final thoughts before tonight's game.... If history is any indicator of tonight's final score, WOS should win..... However, when you have two tradition rich teams anything is possible.. That being said, I hope we see a tough fought, hard hitting, action packed game.. Injury free, and let everyone get home safe.... Usually going into this game I have a really good idea if we can win or not, but last week did not help me make a educated decision... My hope is that the Indians pull out the upset victory, but at this point in my life it will not be a deal breaker if it comes out the other way.. Although Nederland is our biggest rival, this is the game I circle on my calendar each year... Simply because there is not a better atmosphere known to High School football than to have "Greatness" on your field... I've asked the question before, and I know the answer.... You will not put another game together this year with the amount of Hardware these two schools have.... And that my friends is how I Describe GREATNESS........ Some mistake it for arrogance, but tonight I believe over 10 thousand people will agree with that statement. May the best team win, I can promise we will both be better for it at the end.......... 

Edited by Stattrax

Tonight is the night we get to know the true strength of the 2015 PNG Indians. I'm thinking we're going to be good, but are we THAT good? If we come out and blow WOS away, I'm going to fall to my knees and start bawling like a baby..lol Then I'm going to get on this board and talk smack with every team we have coming up. :)