Beautiful Game???...

Jsmity

... Soccer is the "beautiful" game right???... at least to us passionate players and fans... I am asking this as a fan of the game and as a long time member of this website.... PLEASE... PLEASE... PLEASE... keep the negativity off of this site.. and most importantly as far as I am concerened... keep it out of the soccer part of this forum... People... cant you see that we now have our own forum????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... When I first joined this site I asked and beged and urged the powers that be to create a Soccer Forum... now we have it... Some of you dont understand how important this HS Soccer Talk portion of the forums that we have is... Im calling on all of you.. PLAYERS ESPECIALY!!!!!.. to keep soccer beautiful... by making a clown out of yourself, your school, your peers, and your family on a web site by being a self proclaimed internet warrior you harm the possibility of expansion of an interest in soccer in SETX... If you want to see soccer grow and get the respect it deserves in this area... then you have to portray soccer as a sport that does deserve the same respect and coverage as some of the other sports.... So I am asking all of my fellow comrads to be humble and think before we write on this board... b/c people are surfing this part of the website... and I garantee you that we arent doing anything right now to sway their oppinions on the "Beautiful Game"..............................................

I am not trying to be negative.  I love the game.  I understand that as an adult I need to be positive.  I also understand that most of the posters on this site are the players.  My kids love this "beautiful game".  We as parents/coaches  have a responsibility to teach our kids to show good sportsmanship.  I know most of these kids that regularly post on this site.  For the most part they are all good kids  - just talking smack, however there are a few that are definitely out of line.  I am not worried about my kids comments - they know how to act.  We have always taught them to do their talking on the field - not with their mouths.  I do agree with you about all the negative talk on here.  It is not helping our cause to promote soccer as sport that is competitive, and as physically challenging as football, basketball, etc.  I am trying to do my part and also encouraging my kids to do the same. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    napeba
    Newest Member
    napeba