Since PA Basketball is a headline I got a ?

​I am surprised that you think Memorial will challenge Silsbee for local supremacy over the next few years.  I had the impression you thought Silsbee would be head and shoulders above everyone else in the area.

​Curious. Would you be this vocal about this subject had TxHoops had originally stated that PAM or Central or Ozen or West Brook would be "head and shoulders" above everyone in the area instead of Silsbee?

I would also point out Lincoln didn't play in 5A (the current 6A). Memorial is a small fish in a very large pond of talent. Lincoln also had pure shooters. I haven't seen that from PA since the Lincon days. At least not consistently.

​Because P.A. kids would rather dunk than shoot :)

Edited by BLUEDOVE3

I would also point out Lincoln didn't play in 5A (the current 6A). Memorial is a small fish in a very large pond of talent. Lincoln also had pure shooters. I haven't seen that from PA since the Lincon days. At least not consistently.

I would tell you that we regularly scheduled State Ranked 5A Teams & had great success. We never scheduled games VS lower classifications because it was pointless. If Lincoln were around today, they would serve the same Beatdowns as usual.  Please don't compare Lincoln to any current Team in the State regardless of Classification. If you don't believe me, check the History Books. Thanks & Drive Thru

I would tell you that we regularly scheduled State Ranked 5A Teams & had great success. We never scheduled games VS lower classifications because it was pointless. If Lincoln were around today, they would serve the same Beatdowns as usual.  Please don't compare Lincoln to any current Team in the State regardless of Classification. If you don't believe me, check the History Books. Thanks & Drive Thru

​I agree except I do believe Lincoln played Kountze one year at Lincoln and it was a close one....I believe it was in the late 90s

​LOL!!

The best athletes play football at mem now days. Call it a football school or whatever you want, but the best athletes or now playing football  instead or basketball at PA

T.  Singleton was  obviously the best football player, but he was also the best basketball player at that school. People may disagree , but all u had to do was watch him in the gym. 

David Green  is a great coach but at Memorial he did not get it done, bottom line. 

The best athletes play football at mem now days. Call it a football school or whatever you want, but the best athletes or now playing football  instead or basketball at PA

T.  Singleton was  obviously the best football player, but he was also the best basketball player at that school. People may disagree , but all u had to do was watch him in the gym. 

David Green  is a great coach but at Memorial he did not get it done, bottom line. 

​+1

Could mindset and attitude of both parents and players play a big part in this?

Big, BIG issue IMO.  The Bees of Big Cam's era were junkyard dogs.  Tough as nails.  I see too many kids there now who are "whiny and entitled" and play a lot softer.  The freshman who started at Kelly last year is a throwback to those old teams.  Skilled, strong, physical, and plays all out.  I think a lot of this problem does filter down from parents.  It's always someone else's fault when things go wrong.  

Big, BIG issue IMO.  The Bees of Big Cam's era were junkyard dogs.  Tough as nails.  I see too many kids there now who are "whiny and entitled" and play a lot softer.  The freshman who started at Kelly last year is a throwback to those old teams.  Skilled, strong, physical, and plays all out.  I think a lot of this problem does filter down from parents.  It's always someone else's fault when things go wrong.  

​Like it or not, that is the "I am a victim" mentality promoted by the left.