South Carolina church shooting

@MichaelSkolnik: Police say suspect in AME church shooting in Charleston, SC is a white male, wearing a grey sweatshirt, blue jeans and around 21 yrs old.

@kgun9: BREAKING: Mass shooting, 8 dead at church in Charleston, South Carolina. More info to come

@MichaelSkolnik: Reports of mass shooting at Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church in Charleston, SC.

This is the hidden content, please

@cnnbrk: Police report shooting in downtown Charleston, South Carolina.

Ppl going stupid. Dallas PD shooting then this. What the hell man. Mental issues my arse they know wth they doing. 

@CoralNews: WCSC-TV image of a man being taken into custody near church shooting in Charleston

@KRBolster: Visual of what the man looked like. More information to come. #chsnews  

Most of these mass shootings end up with the shooter committing suicide on scene, being captured on scene or committing suicide away from the scene but a short time later. This guy appears to have shot and ran. 

We've serial killers and mass murders. I can't ever remember a serial mass murderer. Hopefully this guy isn't a new type of crazy. 

Most of these mass shootings end up with the shooter committing suicide on scene, being captured on scene or committing suicide away from the scene but a short time later. This guy appears to have shot and ran. 

We've serial killers and mass murders. I can't ever remember a serial mass murderer. Hopefully this guy isn't a new type of crazy. 

​sure hope not, its enough with the ISIS idiots. 

I'll  never forget I was eating in a crowed restaurant with friends in Houston near Gulf Freeway and  what is now 610 Loop near Hobby.My back was turned to door. Dudes were robbing the place and I had no idea until my buddies nudged me. Packed full of people. That let me know people will go to any length to do wrong. I'm not sure if we paid for our food. Everybody was leaving running outta the place afterwards.

I think it is obvious that it was a crime of hate from the moment it made the news. Whether he hated religion in general, Christians in particular or hated by race it was still a crime perpetrated due to rage against someone. 

I can't figure out the attempt to make this a hate crime in the legal aspect however. It is meaningless. South Carolina does not have a hate crime statute. There is nothing that "hate" can do to further the penalty.  SC has the death penalty and this guy qualifies for it. You cannot enhance death any more than the penalty itself. 

It is a political stunt that will burn resources just to say it was done. Someone wants to pound their chest and say, "Yep, after a five month and $850,000 investigation, it was just as we thought. This was done for racial purposes".

I can save them them money. It was a race crime. Now give him the death sentence that requires no affirmative finding of "hate".