South Carolina church shooting

​i dont like the flag for personal reasons but removing a flag not gonna stop ppl from being a racist. I've seen racist ppl fly the American flag high in their yards and with stickers on their vehicles. We gonna remove the American flag? 

Just because skinheads use the flag as their symbol,  we have to bow down to the groups that want to remove it.  The Confederate States of America played a major role in our history,  are we going to sweep it under the rug?  The liberals in Austin are calling to have a statue of Jefferson Davis removed from the campus of UT.  What is next?  In case anyone doesn't know,  this flag was the flag of a once proud nation.  It was not the flag of skinheads, Nazis, or the Aryan brotherhood. 

​just couldn't believe a law enforcement official would pay for a murderer meal because "he was hungry"…… doesn't make bright sense to me, I know I wouldn't do it, he'd have his choice of whats on the menu in lockup, I be damn if I attempt to pay for it. 

A few years ago when I was in detectives we were called out to a brutal murder. A guy broke into a home and then raped and murdered a young woman. In the terms of the street, he “lawyered up” and demanded his right to remain
silent.

So he sat there while we booked him and completed some of the paperwork. He was complaining of being hungry so my partner and I, without telling him, went and got him a Quarter Pounder with cheese meal deal. After he ate it and after he finished, he started crying. He started saying how nice we were to him after what he was accused of. He then recanted his request to remain silent. We had to record him saying that it was he that re-initiated conversation because once a person invokes a right, the police cannot even ask him again to reconsider. After a guy says that he wants to remain silent or a lawyer we cannot go back in an hour later and ask if he has changed his mind. Once invoked, the right stands unless “he” changes his mind without prompting. 

So he then made a voluntary statement of the entire murder or basically a full confession.

What if we had social media 20 years ago or 24 hour media that is running out of stories and the headlines screamed, "LOCAL OFFICERS BUY BRUTAL KILLER A HAMBURGER". Would the family be mad that we treated this killer nicely in our custody after he very brutally killed a relative? Maybe. 

Looking at the results, would they be mad that without any abuse or violating any person’s rights that we were able to get a full confession?

It is easy for those on the outside of an investigation to point fingers when in reality they have
absolutely no knowledge is what is being done or why. 

Just like the ongoing investigation of the two escapees in NY, I am sure the woman co-conspirator is
cooperating and not because the cops are being mean and abusive toward her. The old saying goes that you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar and sometimes that applies to very serious police investigations. It is like taking a confession from a child molester (what I did for two years) and telling him/her that you understand where
he/she is coming from. 

So while it is easy to yell, “OH MY GOD the police bought this despicable person a hamburger!!!”… is it because they felt sorry for him or were simply trying to solve a despicable crime with that honey?

My partner and I were able to help solve a fairly heinous crime doing just what you accuse these officers of not being very bright for doing. 

A few years ago when I was in detectives we were called out to a brutal murder. A guy broke into a home and then raped and murdered a young woman. In the terms of the street, he “lawyered up” and demanded his right to remain
silent.

So he sat there while we booked him and completed some of the paperwork. He was complaining of being hungry so my partner and I, without telling him, went and got him a Quarter Pounder with cheese meal deal. After he ate it and after he finished, he started crying. He started saying how nice we were to him after what he was accused of. He then recanted his request to remain silent. We had to record him saying that it was he that re-initiated conversation because once a person invokes a right, the police cannot even ask him again to reconsider. After a guy says that he wants to remain silent or a lawyer we cannot go back in an hour later and ask if he has changed his mind. Once invoked, the right stands unless “he” changes his mind without prompting. 

So he then made a voluntary statement of the entire murder or basically a full confession.

What if we had social media 20 years ago or 24 hour media that is running out of stories and the headlines screamed, "LOCAL OFFICERS BUY BRUTAL KILLER A HAMBURGER". Would the family be mad that we treated this killer nicely in our custody after he very brutally killed a relative? Maybe. 

Looking at the results, would they be mad that without any abuse or violating any person’s rights that we were able to get a full confession?

It is easy for those on the outside of an investigation to point fingers when in reality they have

Just like the ongoing investigation of the two escapees in NY, I am sure the woman co-conspirator is
cooperating and not because the cops are being mean and abusive toward her. The old saying goes that you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar and sometimes that applies to very serious police investigations. It is like taking a confession from a child molester (what I did for two years) and telling him/her that you understand where
he/she is coming from. 

So while it is easy to yell, “OH MY GOD the police bought this despicable person a hamburger!!!”… is it because they felt sorry for him or were simply trying to solve a despicable crime with that honey?

My partner and I were able to help solve a fairly heinous crime doing just what you accuse these officers of not being very bright for doing. 

​Good post...that's the first thing I thought of when I read it...these officers were trying to keep him cooperative.

I doubt very seriously that they were in the least concerned that he was a little hungry.

Edited by LumRaiderFan

silent.

he/she is coming from. 

Did they actually stop at Burger King or did an officer go there to pick it up foe him.

I have no clue in the current incident. Being friendly to bad people is a common police interview technique. It is not used in every case and it does not always work. Most of it depends on the suspect and their mentality. Whether it is fear, deals, good cop/bad cop and other techniques, there are many ways to get cooperation from suspects. 

What will almost never work is trying to play hard ball with them on the way to jail. If an officer starts screaming at a guy after an arrest and tells him that he is going to do everything in his power to put him away for life or get the death sentence, the guy is likely going to clam up and that part of the investigation is over. Again, if a patrol officer reads a guy Miranda and the guy invokes his right to an attorney or remain silent (or even without Miranda), a detective can no longer legally undo that. If a guy tells an arresting patrol officer that he wants his attorney, it is illegal for a detective to see the guy later and tell him that the street cop is a jerk and an idiot and then ask the suspect if he wants to change his mind and talk. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@msnbc: BREAKING: AP: Dylann Roof to face federal hate crime charges for Charleston massacre.

This is the hidden content, please

​Stunning. He did it for hate. I am glad the feds came to that conclusion and I am surprised that it came so fast.

Now what changes when SC is likely to give him the death sentence and if not, life without parole?

• 1 month later...

@postandcourier: JUST IN: Federal agents arrest friend of Dylann Roof in #CharlestonShooting case.

#chsnews

I have to bring this up again. Look at that pic of Roof. Is it just a bad pic, something that mug shots bring out, or can you look at those eyes and tell there is something wrong with him? I will go to my grave saying that there is a consistent weird look about psychopaths.

I have to bring this up again. Look at that pic of Roof. Is it just a bad pic, something that mug shots bring out, or can you look at those eyes and tell there is something wrong with him. I will go to my grave saying that there is a consistent weird look about psychopaths.

could be, then again look at mugshots of OJ. OJ was a smiling psychopath in some of his.