Grayland Arnold

Sam Houston State offered as well.

Just wonder why a Lamar or Sam would "waste" an offer on a player that is committed to Baylor?

Are they spending time and money recruiting a player that they surely will not get?

You never know maybe after 2 years at Baylor he'll transfer to a FCS (Div. I-AA) school if it doesn't workout with Briles and Co.

You never know maybe after 2 years at Baylor he'll transfer to a FCS (Div. I-AA) school if it doesn't workout with Briles and Co.

That's exact what it is. Coaches know that not every kid pans out at the FBS level and having that pre-existing relationship with a recruit can be beneficial if that happens. They aren't gonna bug the kid trying to get him to play FCS instead but just let them know they "have a home" here

Texas State maybe. No way Charlie goes after a southeast Texas kid who is small school & undersized

Roberts sounds to me that you're hating on Arnold. The kid is a athlete & size doesn't matter. The kid upside is bright & I'm sure he has a heart of a lion! I see why your Day Job is not a College Coach, bekuz u can't recognize talent when seen! 😉

Roberts sounds to me that you're hating on Arnold. The kid is a athlete & size doesn't matter. The kid upside is bright & I'm sure he has a heart of a lion! I see why your Day Job is not a College Coach, bekuz u can't recognize talent when seen!

I think he may have been hinting at sarcasm, Baylor & TCU have recently gotten undersized players and they contributed mightily to their programs. 

Arnold will not play big school college football. There is a reason the Lamar's and Texas States of the world are offering.

You may be right...but...I don't think Art Briles is in the business of wasting scholarships on kids he doesn't think will contribute.  Do you know more about big school college football than Art Briles?  Because I don't think you do.

These AA schools may be developing a relationship in case the kid doesn't like it.  Or gets home sick..or grades..or whatever.  That's a good way to get a Baylor commit on your roster.  But I think the fact that he is committed to Baylor pretty says he very well might play big school college football.