Warren 22 East Chambers 3/Final

I can understand needing discipline and him may being bench for the remainder of the game...BUT....First, I also know Slade is passionate about the game and is demanding of his own performance. Me personally, I like having some kids with some fire! Second, he is next level player, I would want that level of talent on the field. As a coach trying keep your team from giving up...what does that say to them. Look he got some punishment, he is the leader of your team so point taken. Now don't punish the program by over doing it and removing the leadership especially now! Come on Coach think it thru podna!

Bone, you say a kid with Fire and a next level player.   So your saying your team would be allowed to throw helments and temper tramptums? How does throwing a helmet show being passionate?  I believe the coach has thought it thru.  If and when this kid makes it to the NEXT level,  I promise you there isnt a coach out there that would allow this type of behavior.  If the coach is sitting the player for a second game,  there must be some other issues beside just the helmet throwing.  By beching one player does not punish the whole program. Who knows,, just might give some of the other players some FIRE!

Bone, you say a kid with Fire and a next level player. So your saying your team would be allowed to throw helments and temper tramptums? How does throwing a helmet show being passionate? I believe the coach has thought it thru. If and when this kid makes it to the NEXT level, I promise you there isnt a coach out there that would allow this type of behavior. If the coach is sitting the player for a second game, there must be some other issues beside just the helmet throwing. By beching one player does not punish the whole program. Who knows,, just might give some of the other players some FIRE!

I did not say that the kid did not deserve some sort of punishment...DID I...no! As a matter of he did get punished, but I also that there is more to this than being promoted and it ain't about him Tossing a helmet not throwing..."TOSSING"...please man! I know this young man and he is a first class kid. The first to get to practice and the last to leave. He is a kid that would do anything his coached asked him to do. He is respectful and gives 150% to me that's a leader, but hey take it overboard. I'm not going to drink the Koolaid in this case, because I know the character of this young man! Next level kids are going to that level because they are passionate and performance aggressive...they are not perfect and they have emotions just like you or me...he served his punishment for what he did! That is my point why take it further unless it's about more than the kid????😉

Bone, you say a kid with Fire and a next level player. So your saying your team would be allowed to throw helments and temper tramptums? How does throwing a helmet show being passionate? I believe the coach has thought it thru. If and when this kid makes it to the NEXT level, I promise you there isnt a coach out there that would allow this type of behavior. If the coach is sitting the player for a second game, there must be some other issues beside just the helmet throwing. By beching one player does not punish the whole program. Who knows,, just might give some of the other players some FIRE!

Slade is a good baseball player that make a bad decision out of frustration and threw the helment... I'm sure he's not the only baseball player to ever throw a helment......he wants to put this past him and just play the game.

[quote name="SportsFan78" post="1660540" timestamp="1429328199"]

Hopefully Slade will learn from his mistake and he should be back for the next game.[/quote

Question....what does the coach learn from his emotional finger pointing over reaction????oh I'm sorry the kid is suppose to have superior control, but then again it nothing more than monkey see monkey do! Coach looses it...player looses it! Whatever...I was raised by a 23 year veteran coach who I never saw make a scene with a player while in the throes of performance. If they had issues it was out of the public environment and certainly not during a game. If it required immediate correction, the folks watching never were the wiser. Now come practice...Lord help ya! Bottom line the players emotional reaction is largly in part a reflection of leadership.

[quote name="IT'S IN THE BONE" post="1660572" timestamp="1429343792"]

Hopefully Slade will learn from his mistake and he should be back for the next game.[/quote

Question....what does the coach learn from his emotional finger pointing over reaction????oh I'm sorry the kid is suppose to have superior control, but then again it nothing more than monkey see monkey do! Coach looses it...player looses it! Whatever...I was raised by a 23 year veteran coach who I never saw make a scene with a player while in the throes of performance. If they had issues it was out of the public environment and certainly not during a game. If it required immediate correction, the folks watching never were the wiser. Now come practice...Lord help ya! Bottom line the players emotional reaction is largly in part a reflection of leadership.[/quote]
I agree fully.

[quote name="IT'S IN THE BONE" post="1660572" timestamp="1429343792"]

Question....what does the coach learn from his emotional finger pointing over reaction????oh I'm sorry the kid is suppose to have superior control, but then again it nothing more than monkey see monkey do! Coach looses it...player looses it! Whatever...I was raised by a 23 year veteran coach who I never saw make a scene with a player while in the throes of performance. If they had issues it was out of the public environment and certainly not during a game. If it required immediate correction, the folks watching never were the wiser. Now come practice...Lord help ya! Bottom line the players emotional reaction is largly in part a reflection of leadership.[/quote] I have learned over the years that there are always two sides to every story and if a coach/teacher/adminstrator are doing their job correctly their side doesn't get out to the public. All you hear is "Little Billy's" parent's version of what happened...Part of the problem today is that kids can do no wrong or when they do the parents have an excuse for them.. How about backing your coaches and teachers instead of undermining them and the program?

ame="IT'S IN THE BONE" post="1660572" timestamp="1429343792"]

I have learned over the years that there are always two sides to every story and if a coach/teacher/adminstrator are doing their job correctly their side doesn't get out to the public. All you hear is "Little Billy's" parent's version of what happened...Part of the problem today is that kids can do no wrong or when they do the parents have an excuse for them.. How about backing your coaches and teachers instead of undermining them and the program?

How about not walking around deaf blind and dumb and always assuming that the kids wrong and the Coach is right...trust me I know how the machine runs. Warrior I respect your opinion and I'm many cases you are right, but I promise there is more to this story than you.

How about not walking around deaf blind and dumb and always assuming that the kids wrong and the Coach is right...trust me I know how the machine runs. Warrior I respect your opinion and I'm many cases you are right, but I promise there is more to this story than you.

so what is the rest of the story?

The real story is this, and I'm just saying what some of the players have told me. Slade hit a pop up to the first baseman and when he came in the dugout he slammed his helmet down and when the coach asked him to pick it up, he kicked it. Then when he did pick it up, he slammed it down again. So it wasn't just a normal helmet-throwing, it was more. And I'm pretty sure it has happened multiple times this year because it wouldn't make any sense for a coach to bench arguably their best player for throwing their helmet once.

And like I said there are always two sides of the story and you've only gotten one side of the story...what really happened? Only the coach and the kid knows for sure...as for keeping it "in house" or "behind the scenes" as you said your coaching father would have done I'm sure it wasn't the coach who brought it up on this webpage..Back to the thread topic....Warren played in a funk for the first 5 innings with EC leading 2 to 1 (and the Bucs playing very good ball) before the Warrior bats finally got going. Best of luck to EC the rest of the season.