Here are the standings thru 4/1

Silsbee Tigers              4-0

Bridge City Cardinals   3-1

H-J Hawks                   3-2

LCM Bears                   2-2

H-F Longhorns            2-3

WOS Mustangs           1-3

OF Bobcats                 0-4

With that being said, out of thirty teams in the area I bet there are slim to none with players on the bench that are better players than those on the line up card. And with that being said, there are 200 parents that think dIfferently. I am counting the ones on the jv who speak out that they too are better than the guy on the varsity bench and the varsity starter. Coaches dont miss getting the best team they have on the field by much. Most don't miss it all. They are trying to win.

I was counting the 30 local teams with 4 or 5 kids substitute players each having two parents.  So, yes, couple hundred.

I had a PM from a coach that said many times during games when starters are playing poorly he looks down at his line up card for a player or two  that he might could sub in to make their team better and when his eyes cross the seven subs names at the bottom of the card his he says to himself "nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, nope.  Then he recalls that if there were any players at the bottom of the card that were better than the ones at the top they would have started the game.

.....and I don't have a kid playing.

With that being said, out of thirty teams in the area I bet there are slim to none with players on the bench that are better players than those on the line up card. And with that being said, there are 200 parents that think dIfferently. I am counting the ones on the jv who speak out that they too are better than the guy on the varsity bench and the varsity starter. Coaches dont miss getting the best team they have on the field by much. Most don't miss it all. They are trying to win.

In the high tech world we live in, it is not hard to pull up Maxpreps and see if kids are performing. If you have hitters in your starting 9 that or hitting low .200s or high .100s then you may want to try another bat. If anything it may shake some things up.