22-5A Standings

lol I find this slightly amusing, slightly insulting and slightly sad for the players, who were also tweeting this type of thing last night (Nederland did it too) that Vidor "won on errors" which a. simply wasn't true b. wouldn't make it sound any better for the losing team and c. is really kind of bad sportsmanship I watched the game and felt the Lumberton girls played pretty well. Kennedy who has struggled hitting this season had an AMAZING hit during the game, Maddie did some great pitching, she didn't get pulled because she was doing poorly but because Vidor had gotten used to her speed and began knocking the hell out of the ball by the fifth inning (something they tend to do). Taylor did a great job pitching when she came in. 

The fact is that Vidor has come up against both Lumberton AND Nederland now 4 times last district season and this district season and won all 4 games, I'm not saying they are so much better than either team but they have beaten them every time they have played them. At some point, it has to come down to more than just your coach making a bad call, the ump making a bad call or your team making errors. Vidor made plenty of errors last night as well... they still ended up winning the game. There are some extremely talented young women throughout this district. Most of whom have played in league and select with one another since they were babies.. let's not belittle any of their abilities or accomplishments with bad sportsmanship. Throughout most of that game last night we ALL thought Lumberton might win it... Vidor did what they do best, came back after the fifth and pulled it out. Congratulations to all the girls! Both teams were AWESOME!

And by the way... Senior nights are great when the home team wins, but they don't always... Vidor lost their Senior night game last year which was not only their senior night/last game of district but also the game that ended their undefeated streak.. if you talk to those seniors now a year later, the night is not ruined, and their memories of high school ball are still cherished. Their memories and the night will be what they and those around them make it.

Lol Dottie...thank you for justifying Vidor's win!  The book you wrote above really does not warrant a response...any bozo reading it can see right through it...but here it goes!  A two page discertation in an attempt to justify any topic infers a guilty conscience or an inferiorty complex (thin skin)...for sake of argument, I will assume you are the latter.  I never discredited Vidor's win, I questioned the Lumberton coaching.  I wish Vidor all the best of luck in the upcoming playoffs.  From now on you should refrain from posting on any site...you also justify the stereo type that we as fellow Vidorians are trying to get away from.

I don't have to justify their win.. anymore than any team has to justify their wins.. and that's really the point. There were tweets made last night by players that Vidor lost due to their errors, same thing happened after the game with Nederland, now that really doesn't look much better than simply being beaten by a better team but I think saying it was about coaches isn't any better.. I'm hoping Lumberton wins HUGE in their next game.. was just messaging one of the moms today about that. I don't think the Lumberton girls have anything to worry about .. they are an extremely talented group of young women. Who have been in select ball long enough to be immune to softball politics... they're all used to it by now. 

And actually, posturing is usually shown in attempts to attack one on a personal level as you have done... not my style.

Come on people....let the players and teams finish district without all the bull and start getting prepaired for a tough playoff road to State!!!
Last year both 3A and 4A district champs from Orange County went out in the first round!!
All the teams had better get ready!!

Now thats what I'm talkin about.
22-5A is tuff, but 21-5A has owned us lately. Time we change that!!! Even Nederland! 😉

Final District Standing
1 Vidor 13-1
t2 Lumberton 10-4
t2 Nederland 10-4
t2 PNG 10-4

So how does the tie breaker work? All three teams are 1-1 against each other.

Congrats to Vidor in District Championship.

Congrats to PNG on the win tonight that was definitely a game of bend but don't break.

Vidor girls (not the seniors) tweeting "PNG gonna get creamed in playoffs" after the game. Win with class and loose with class. You will not see a negative PNG tweet in response. Remember you underclassmen that want to play College Ball...those coaches read those tweets too.

Great game by both teams. Folks forget PNG lost 4 district games by a total of 5 runs.

Now Pirates go out and kick some 21-5A butt. We are all 22-5A fans next week.

Actually I just checked every girls twitter account, it was one girl, she had one girl who doesn't actually play retweet it and what she said is "Y'all gonna get killed in playoffs" she didn't say any teams name. The rest of the girls tweets have had less to do with PNG and more to do with "win or lose I still love my team let's go kick butt in the playoffs" type thing. I've also seen a lot of congratulatory posts toward PNG from Vidor.It was a
great, nail biting game for both sides. At any moment all night it could have gone any way.. it ended going to PNG who now gets to do what only one other team has been able to say in District play in the last two years, they beat Vidor. Congratulations coaches and girls it was a great game! And good luck in the playoffs! I took a lot of pics in tonights game I have to go load up to my FB page for not only our Vidor girls but for all my PNG friends too. 

Vidor girls (not the seniors) tweeting "PNG gonna get creamed in playoffs" after the game. Win with class and loose with class. You will not see a negative PNG tweet in response. Remember you underclassmen that want to play College Ball...those coaches read those tweets too.

Great game by both teams. Folks forget PNG lost 4 district games by a total of 5 runs.

Now Pirates go out and kick some 21-5A butt. We are all 22-5A fans next week.

Who was it that was saying it???