I Hope All 3 Runs...

smitty

I hope M. Romney, J.Bush, and C. Christy runs.  This will split the squishy vote.  Which will allow a true conservative to gain the nomination.  We need more Davy Crockets and less Romneys.

A true conservative will not beat Hillary. It's going to take a moderate. Be mad about it all you want, but the voters who make the difference are not the ultra-conservatives in the deep south, and getting an ultra-conservative candidate is not going to attract the fringe voters the Republicans need to make up the ground in swing states to take back the presidency.

A true conservative will not beat Hillary. It's going to take a moderate. Be mad about it all you want, but the voters who make the difference are not the ultra-conservatives in the deep south, and getting an ultra-conservative candidate is not going to attract the fringe voters the Republicans need to make up the ground in swing states to take back the presidency.

I say put up a true conservative (smaller gov / lower taxes) and give it a shot...we haven't tried it since Reagan.

Look how that worked out.

A true conservative will clean her clock......moderates like Dole, Romney, and McCain are losers because conservatives won't get behind them and vote for them...we go third party or sit at home......until the republicans finally decide to put a REAL CONSERVATIVE on the ballot, they will reap the benefits of another Reaganesque landslide.......

We can agree on that...leave the social issues to the states.

Problem is that liberals want the fed gov involved in social issues also (as long as it goes their way)

I agree, but that cuts both ways as well. I think most of your radicals on both sides (not all ultras either way are radicals) are perfectly okay with the government enforcing morals as long as they fit their belief systems.

The last staunch conservative to run, Ronald Reagan, destroyed a sitting President and then beat an ex-Vice President  -- a northern liberal, 49 states to 1.  Bush was semi-conservative but won.  Dole, McCain, and Romney were NOT conservative and lost.   Heck, Romney couldn't beat the worst President in history.  Give the people a clear, conservative message like Reagan did and you win.  Remember, Reagan said, "government is NOT the solution to our problem; government IS the problem." 

If people were really honest, how could one disagree with this?  Other than the military, what does the feds do right?  Every agency is bankrupt.  We are running an 18 TRILLION dollar debt.  It can not be sustained!!

Bullets,

The commoners on southeast texas (home of great intellectuals such as smitty) have their blinders on and will never understand that candidates will have to go full teabagger crazy in the primaries to get nominated which kills them in the general. Americans do NOT want some wackjob jesus freak as president. If people wanted religion intertwined into government they can move to the middle east where it's working amazingly well for them.

The way I see it right now, Chris Christie won't run. I think Bridgegate proves he has skeletons in his closet and he's scared they'll come out in a presidential campaign. I think his best shot is to angle for a cabinet appointment, and he's positioning himself to do that pretty well.

Since he's already mentioned here, Scott Walker is my dark horse candidate.