Rose Bowl: Oregon vs FSU

It seems Ohio State has been in the Rose Bowl more times than I can count. Why are they not there this year? Also, Urban Meyer, who I happen to like as a coach.....I thought he gave up coaching due to illness while at Florida, yet he is still coaching.....and winning. Did I miss something?

It seems Ohio State has been in the Rose Bowl more times than I can count. Why are they not there this year? Also, Urban Meyer, who I happen to like as a coach.....I thought he gave up coaching due to illness while at Florida, yet he is still coaching.....and winning. Did I miss something?

Sarcasm?? 

No, both questions are sincere.

I may be wrong, but I thought Pac 10 hosted the Rose and the invite was from the Big 10. Texas played Michigan in the Rose so they lost me there too.

The two playoff games are played in rotating bowls, and normal conference ties are set aside for the seeding.

Yeah it's different with the playoff this year. The #1 seed gets to pick which of the 2 sites they want to play in. This year Bama picked the Sugar Bowl in New Orleans and Oregon got the Rose Bowl which they would have picked anyways. The National Title game is at JerryWorld.

Thanks. I could have researched it myself. It's just easier to ask here.

What about Urban Meyer. When he left Florida, they acted like he was about to die or something. I didn't keep up and voila, he's coaching again. I know it has been a few years, but still a mystery to me.

Thanks. I could have researched it myself. It's just easier to ask here.

What about Urban Meyer. When he left Florida, they acted like he was about to die or something. I didn't keep up and voila, he's coaching again. I know it has been a few years, but still a mystery to me.

He had heart issues I believe but he got cleared by his Docs. Harbaugh might make him quit again in a few years. 

Halftime

We not even playing well and up 18-13. If we cut the penalties and mistakes we're up double digits.

FSU has in the redzone 4 times and only scored 13. FSU is controlling the game so far. Oregon usually blows people out in the 2nd half though. Should be a good 2nd half.