SECond to none

team first

Mississippi St showing the SEC's depth by only losing to Alabama by a point.  What's that?  Oh, my bad.  Mississippi St. shows the SEC's depth by losing to SOUTH Alabama by a point.  Mississippi St was favored by 28.  Have no fear, though.  They're only a win against an overrated SEC team away from jumping into the top 25.

5 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

LSU as well.  Throw in the whole SEC

Alabama is the real deal. The Aggies are off to their annual fool's gold start, and Georgia had a nice win.  But #5 LSU losing to an unranked team, Arkansas beating La Tech by 1, #9 Tennessee needing OT to beat App St, South Carolina needing a last second fg to beat Vandy, Mizzou getting dominated by WVU, Mississippi St losing to Southern Alabama, Kentucky losing to Southern Miss,  and #25 Florida only beating UMass 24-7, are all pretty strong indicators that the SEC is overrated.  Not that we didn't already know this.  I guess they just need to get to in-conference play where every win is a "quality win" so that we can see just how "deep" the conference is.  

3 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Alabama is the real deal. The Aggies are off to their annual fool's gold start, and Georgia had a nice win.  But #5 LSU losing to an unranked team, Arkansas beating La Tech by 1, #9 Tennessee needing OT to beat App St, South Carolina needing a last second fg to beat Vandy, Mizzou getting dominated by WVU, Mississippi St losing to Southern Alabama, Kentucky losing to Southern Miss,  and #25 Florida only beating UMass 24-7, are all pretty strong indicators that the SEC is overrated.  Not that we didn't already know this.  I guess they just need to get to in-conference play where every win is a "quality win" so that we can see just how "deep" the conference is.  

SEC is overrated. I dont even like to count Bama as a SEC team, they're on another level. Big12 might be close to being overrated as well. Early thoughts, lots of season to play. 

8 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Does it count as less of a win if you barely win?  Asking for a friend...

tell your friend that when you're the self-proclaimed and media-anointed "best conference ever", this is in fact the case.  Especially when you're squeaking by (and losing to) mid-major schools and various other unranked teams from inferior conferences.  Or maybe I'm looking at this wrong, and I should've interpreted this weekend's results as "thanks to #9 Tennessee's impressive come from behind win against Appalacian St in overtime, and Arkansas's impressive 4th quarter, 4th down comeback against Louisiana Tech, the SEC improved their record against traditional powerhouse conferences The Sunbelt and Conference USA to a very respectable 2-2 this year."  Sound better? 

7 hours ago, D3zii said:

My week 1 thought

UofH definetly needs to be in the Big 12

The SEC isn't as Strong or deep as years pass

Neither Clemson or Bama will go undefeated

the Pac 12 is up in the air 

A Surprise team will make it to the playoffs 

JT Barrett and Greg Ward are dark horses to win the heisman

I don't have an issue with any of these, but i would like to hear your reasoning of Bama not going undefeated.  Was it their dismantling of ranked USC, or the struggles of the majority of the rest of the SEC?   I wouldn't be surprised if Bama lost somewhere, but I'd actually give them much BETTER odds of running the table after week 1 results than I would've before the games were played.  

2 hours ago, bullets13 said:

tell your friend that when you're the self-proclaimed and media-anointed "best conference ever", this is in fact the case.  Especially when you're squeaking by (and losing to) mid-major schools and various other unranked teams from inferior conferences.  Or maybe I'm looking at this wrong, and I should've interpreted this weekend's results as "thanks to #9 Tennessee's impressive come from behind win against Appalacian St in overtime, and Arkansas's impressive 4th quarter, 4th down comeback against Louisiana Tech, the SEC improved their record against traditional powerhouse conferences The Sunbelt and Conference USA to a very respectable 2-2 this year."  Sound better? 

Did you watch any other games or just the SEC?   

Outside of of a few teams, there was a lot of average football yesterday.  

23 minutes ago, baddog said:

Texas plays Notre Dame tonight. Could be the most watched game this week. Just hope to see an improvement over last year. I wanna see some defense! 

It will the most watched game of the week, since it's the only game on.  Just hopefully most people don't turn it off at halftime like last year. 

16 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

It will the most watched game of the week, since it's the only game on.  Just hopefully most people don't turn it off at halftime like last year. 

Scheduling has a lot to do with it, but let's not forget it is Notre Dame and Texas. I don't care what anyone says or thinks, that's a big draw anytime.

Yes BG, we will score plenty......I hope.

9 hours ago, bullets13 said:

I don't have an issue with any of these, but i would like to hear your reasoning of Bama not going undefeated.  Was it their dismantling of ranked USC, or the struggles of the majority of the rest of the SEC?   I wouldn't be surprised if Bama lost somewhere, but I'd actually give them much BETTER odds of running the table after week 1 results than I would've before the games were played.  

It was two reasons I felt that Alabama will not run the table

1.Texas A&M looked really good yesturday, up until the last minutes. .There defense is better then in years passed an they looked physical for the first time in awhile. I really liked what I saw from them.

LSU will make a key adjustment , with a really good defense already in hand..Alabama has to go to Death Valley

Georgia looked good against a really Good North Carolina Team also

2. Alabamas offense is not as good as the score they put up yesturday..A inexperience defense in USC that was not post to be good, stoned Bama. That defense was on the field most of the game + a offense that couldn't even put up points resulted in the running up of the score in the 3rd...I think they will run into a team that can score unlike USC (A&M, Ole Miss, Georgia) and the defense won't be able to save them like the one dimensional USC team who couldn't do nothing with a You g QB