SECond to none

team first

2 hours ago, GCMPats said:

UT just posted $187M on its own. So, yea, about that.

Not from the LHN.  The article is just the 3rd tier tv money.  A&M will be ok. 

The $187 mil you posted about was actually $183.5 mil in which they only made $458,367 in profit. I own my own business, so things like profit actually mean more to me than total revenue. 

3 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

Not from the LHN.  The article is just the 3rd tier tv money.  A&M will be ok. 

The $187 mil you posted about was actually $183.5 mil in which they only made $458,367 in profit. I own my own business, so things like profit actually mean more to me than total revenue. 

Actually, UT is making $11M per year according to this report. Seems like your beloved ESPN is taking the hit.

This is the hidden content, please

Also, UT is also far and away the number one athletics dept in terms of profits in the country. All the while, aggy runs this state.

5 minutes ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

Also, UT is also far and away the number one athletics dept in terms of profits in the country. All the while, aggy runs this state.

Profit-  a financial gain, especially the difference between the amount earned and the amount spent in buying, operating, or producing something.

That word doesn't mean what you think it means.  

30 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

Profit-  a financial gain, especially the difference between the amount earned and the amount spent in buying, operating, or producing something.

That word doesn't mean what you think it means.  

I think it means exactly what I think it means. I've been responsible for P&L statements for far too long to be tricked by an aggy. Read it and eat some crow.

22 minutes ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

I think it means exactly what I think it means. I've been responsible for P&L statements for far too long to be tricked by an aggy. Read it and eat some crow.

Maybe you should read the article first - while the headline reads profits the article states " The University of Texas had the biggest profit of any program last season, earning $74 million, while the University of Michigan, which pocketed $64.6 million, was number two."

Profit - very simply stated is Income less Expenses.

Don't know where the difference from 74 Million in your article to the 161 Million stated below is but his is from USA Today.  Texas still one of the best just spends as much as it makes it seems.  Oregon it appears is just kicking ass and has by far the best "profit".

K

SCHOOL CONF TOTAL REVENUE TOTAL EXPENSES TOTAL SUBSIDY % SUBSIDY
Pac-12 $196,030,398 $110,378,432 $2,155,099 1.10
Big 12 $161,035,187 $154,128,877 $0 0.00
Big Ten $157,899,820 $142,551,994 $256,316 0.16
SEC $153,234,273 $120,184,128 $5,997,100 3.91
Big Ten $145,232,681 $113,937,001 $0 0.00
SEC $133,679,256 $122,945,710 $0 0.00
Big 12 $129,226,692 $113,366,698 $0 0.00
Big Ten $127,910,918 $125,096,235 $8,073,360 6.31
SEC $124,611,305 $109,690,016 $4,308,442 3.46
SEC $119,475,872 $95,663,483 $1,241,457 1.0

1 hour ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

Actually, UT is making $11M per year according to this report. Seems like your beloved ESPN is taking the hit.

Agreed - Texas has and will likely continue to have the $$$$ - just don't seem all that $$$ buys now what it used to buy now does it - I mean when you talk wins and losses or so it seems.

1 hour ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

Oregon got a lump sum donation from Nike. But whatever... Doesn't change the fact that you guys will spin anything to meet your agenda. At some point, you're just gonna have to concede that you're always going to be second fiddle in Texas. Period.

Left the Big12 over the LHN. 

At least in the Big12 they only had ONE big brother. 

10 hours ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

Oregon got a lump sum donation from Nike. But whatever... Doesn't change the fact that you guys will spin anything to meet your agenda. At some point, you're just gonna have to concede that you're always going to be second fiddle in Texas. Period.

Look anyone that argues that Texa ain't Money Bags is just whistling Dixie - they make the money no doubt and very likely always will.

But money is not the only thing that makes the fiddle hum - and it sounds like Texas's fiddle needs to be tuned at the moment.

In saying that so does the Aggie's fiddle.

2 hours ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

I think you aggys are tuning our fiddle for us. All y'all had to do was keep Spav and you would've been in great shape for 2016, but y'all saw our dumpster fire and had to start one of your own. Only, y'all started a damn forest fire and it's burning out of control.

4 hours ago, Whoopi Goldberg's Lips said:

I think you aggys are tuning our fiddle for us. All y'all had to do was keep Spav and you would've been in great shape for 2016, but y'all saw our dumpster fire and had to start one of your own. Only, y'all started a damn forest fire and it's buying or of control.

Quoted yourself - I like that :)

Actually I agree with you on this point A&M jumped head first into the dumpster as well.

Lol - agreeing with Whoopi makes me kinda sick in my stomach - lol :)

Perhaps the best judge of branding is shoe money.   Texas took $16.67M per year from Nike and turned down $26M/yr from UA.  Aggies re-upped with Adidas for $7.1/yr.  With the big note on the stadium upgrades in the arms race with big brother, it is incumbent that the Ags get as much collateral money as possible from the heavyweights like Bama.  

On 1/21/2016 at 11:00 PM, TxHoops said:

Perhaps the best judge of branding is shoe money.   Texas took $16.67M per year from Nike and turned down $26M/yr from UA.  Aggies re-upped with Adidas for $7.1/yr.  With the big note on the stadium upgrades in the arms race with big brother, it is incumbent that the Ags get as much collateral money as possible from the heavyweights like Bama.  

Adidas?

Will they have Yeezy Boost game shoes that glow in the day? James Harden Brick Layers?