WOS Mustangs vs Sinton Pirates

tennisbc

I know P4S personally. She is a huge Texas Highschool football fan. She has traveled many miles to watch football games not involving her team, which is Sinton. She has traveled many miles in the past to support the Mustangs because she loves to watch us play and likes the tradition (even though we only have any relevance in SE Texas ;) ). Anyway, she is good people. 

Welcome P4S!!

PS4

Sinton has had good teams in the past, 80’s and 90 as I remember. I too am a big high school, and all around football fan. Welcome to the site. I must say that I love the fishing spots in Sinton,  and in Portland, it’s been awhile though. It’s true anything can happen, but WOS defense is really tuff this year too. What’s you take on it.?

I was going to keep that opinion to myself Aggie, but since you brought it up I completely agree. Not to mention (looking down the road a bit here) wouldn't you want to play in a venue that would sorta take the awe away from Jerry world? Not that anything can really compare to that stadium but a college facility is the next best thing. Anywho, not bashing the coaches just some crazy rambling since Friday is still 4 days away :wacko:

I know P4S personally. She is a huge Texas Highschool football fan. She has traveled many miles to watch football games not involving her team, which is Sinton. She has traveled many miles in the past to support the Mustangs because she loves to watch us play and likes the tradition (even though we only have any relevance in SE Texas ;) ). Anyway, she is good people. 

Welcome P4S!!

Hey there!  Thanks!!!  I am so excited our boys are back in this round and I'm sure WOS is too!  I sure hate that we have to play each other, but such is life!  It will be a good game (I hope LOL).  Your defense is scary good.  Our offense is good and our QB makes it all go, but we will have to be perfect to win and when you leave perfection in the hands of teenagers...anything can happen!!!  Prayers for safe travels to us all and that the winner remain healthy and represent us well next week. GO PIRATES!!!

PS4

Sinton has had good teams in the past, 80’s and 90 as I remember. I too am a big high school, and all around football fan. Welcome to the site. I must say that I love the fishing spots in Sinton,  and in Portland, it’s been awhile though. It’s true anything can happen, but WOS defense is really tuff this year too. What’s you take on it.?

Yes, we have had some good runs.  You probably like the fishing spots around us since we are inland, but yes, great fishing all around us!  I haven't ever actually been to Orange, but I've been to plenty of your games: vs. Giddings, La Vega & Gilmer I believe.  

I think WOS definitely has the speed advantage. Both teams have players going both ways, but your players are much more athletic than ours.  Don't get me wrong - we have some good looking kids that play hard nosed football and they'll get after you, but you guys have crazy talent everywhere.  Very impressed with your sophomore QB and there isn't much left to say about your receivers. Legit.  I think if our Oline can give our QB just a little bit of time we will have success moving the ball.  Our defense will have to play very smart and tackle your guys.  If we miss - we're in trouble.  I'm excited to see what we can do.

Also, I really like that you are the 2nd team in these playoffs that we are facing for the first time.  First one was Wimberley and I was very nervous playing against them and we just went out and played lights out!!! It was awesome to witness. Hoping we have another night like that.  They had a great offense and our defense made just enough stops.  

Not sure about all that talk about Sinton trying to get a grass field.. The stangs home field is grass.. lol.. The games they play on their field are called dust games because all their opponents see is dust. haha

I agree about the field choice (Don't like it).. Dosen't look like there is hardly any parking.. Idk just from what i see from google maps. IMO both the teams deserve better facilities to play at. Just don't ever know the circumstances behind the pick. Maybe (KOGT) Gary Stelly will inform us on friday during the game.. lol