SECond to none, except for the Big 12

TxHoops

Yep. SEC is having a down year. The defense of the SEC's best team surrendered 630 yards on Saturday. Reckon what Oregon or Baylor could do to them?

It would be rich if Missouri were to win in Atlanta. And no SEC team make the playoff.

I'm an SEC fan minus bama - If Mizzu beating bama means no SEC team in the first ever playoff - so be it!

Old Timer, you could copy/paste your sentence and switch it to sec back in '06.

What a great thread. When Texas turns it around, all you will see is taillights. Roflmao!

You are likely right baddog - but I thought we were talking more recent ratings than 9 years ago  ;)

There is no doubt that strength of conference changes every year - but since 2006 the SEC as been by far the strongest conference - will they be knocked off - yes - when is the question.

Last week the SEC took a butt kicking or they would still be the best league this year.

Mizzou has already made as many conference championship games in 3 yrs in the SEC, as they did in 15 yrs of play in the Big 12.

Tigers saying SEC pretty easy.

The only thing I think that says is.... the Big 12 was more evenly divided in the north and south than the SEC is in the east and west. 

You are likely right baddog - but I thought we were talking more recent ratings than 9 years ago  ;)

There is no doubt that strength of conference changes every year - but since 2006 the SEC as been by far the strongest conference - will they be knocked off - yes - when is the question.

Last week the SEC took a butt kicking or they would still be the best league this year.

Yep, you need to try and avoid those butt kickings, but hey, they were close except for one, so you can still have a cigar on that piece of info.

What could be more recent than now? Now, the Big XII is on top and even without Texas leading the way. It can only get better. Did you just reference 2006? I thought that was too far back. Lol

Sports is cyclical just like practically everything else.

Truthfully, while I will still root for the SEC to lead the pack - it does not bother me a bit to have the Big 12 talked about as a top conference as those are to a large degree teams from my backyard  :)

Also, I also be one that will also enjoy it when Texas does "turn it around" as then I do believe the pressure for an annual game between Texas and A&M will heat up - While most people think that it is A&M that is not wanting to play that game I find it interesting that during Texas "down time" they have not really pushed a game between the two rivals.  I think they need to play every year and let the chips fall where they may.