CARTHAGE VS LCM

GeauxMe

Hardest hitting team that Carthade had ever played? The boys up north hit much harder than the speed pansies down South

Try again

There are reasons Carthage has won 4 state titles in the past 5 years. They play top level competition in non district, they get great athletes, they have one of the best if not the best coach in the state, and they have facilities comparable to the University of Texas. No 4A program in the state, much less Setx, is on the same level as the program in Carthage!

Hardest hitting team that Carthade had ever played?. The boys up north hit much harder than the speed pansies down South

Try again

Sir with do respect if LCM pulls an upset and beats Carthage I expect you to be on here eating your crow. I understand Carthage is or was a good football program in the past and I respect thier program. I have not watched all the game film on Carthage. But what I've heard there talent level is about good as Huffman. If that is true we have chance.

Sir with do respect if LCM pulls an upset and beats Carthage I expect you to be on here eating your crow. I understand Carthage is or was a good football program in the past and I respect thier program. I have not watched all the game film on Carthage. But what I've heard there talent level is about good as Huffman. If that is true we have chance.

I can appreciate your spirit there Chris17. It’s going to be a big test for the coaching crew. I would like to see if they will have the guys well prepared for a big game. 

I can appreciate your spirit there Chris17. It’s going to be a big test for the coaching crew. I would like to see if they will have the guys well prepared for a big game.

Are you going to the game? It's going to be cold and Rainey I will be there. I'm hoping the coaching staff has them ready. But like you said last week no matter what the play call is you have to make that one work. there should be no excuse for not making positive yards. Our jv won district and I believe some of these kids could or should play in this game. it's time to get over the hump one and done is not good enough. what a better way to prove yourself to beat a team that everyone thinks that there going to beat you.

WO-S had 7 turnovers in their 28-14 loss to Carthage. Mustang defense held them to two FG's early and stopped them on a 4th down deep in WOS territory. Also Carthage converted a 4th and 11 from their own 18 yard line with only a touchdown lead. Nobody dominated. It was a good game of two very different halves.

Excellent description of this game. I would have punted on the 4th and 11 situation but it sealed the victory for Carthage. Very gutsy call by the coach but he deserves the credit for making that decision.

Are you going to the game? It's going to be cold and Rainey I will be there. I'm hoping the coaching staff has them ready. But like you said last week no matter what the play call is you have to make that one work. there should be no excuse for not making positive yards. Our jv won district and I believe some of these kids could or should play in this game. it's time to get over the hump one and done is not good enough. what a better way to prove yourself to beat a team that everyone thinks that there going to beat you.

I can't make this game but i will be keeping up with it on my cell phone in W. Tx. Hopefully the rain will hold off until later Saturday night. It's a little to late in the year to be gettin down on anybody but it's not hard to do when a team comes out flat for a big game and I have seen my share of that in the past. I'm hoping they can pull it out and get a playoff win. I believe it can be done if the offensive line steps up and plays to their potential. It will have to be a game played almost perfect. You've been to the games, you know what I'm saying. I will be pulling for the Bears.

Don't try to revise history saying WO-S was outplayed physically. Here's a little inside info about what Coach Surrat said concerning WO-S. He told the Kilgore HC that WO-S was the hardest hitting team Carthage had ever played. I know that for a fact. Also, you should have seen the look of relief on Surrat's face at the end of the game when he shook hands with Coach Thompson. We were good enough to beat them and Surrat knew it. Carthage did a better job of handling the cold weather and windy conditions on offense than WO-S did with their offense. They were just a little bit better than WO-S on this day. I'm still blown away that Carthage went for it on 4th and 13 at their 18 yard line. The most gutsy call I have ever seen in a high school football game. They get a 17 yard QB keeper for a first down. That was the play of the game. Any team who turns over the ball seven (or was it six?) times is gonna lose against a team as good as Carthage. 

Surratt was every bit as much smart as he was gutsy on that call. It was a smart play because the wind was blowing about 25-30MPH and their last punt netted about 4 yards. It was a great gutsy smart call

Surratt was every bit as much smart as he was gutsy on that call. It was a smart play because the wind was blowing about 25-30MPH and their last punt netted about 4 yards. It was a great gutsy smart call

. On smoaky they said Surratt was a coach in setx 30yrs ago. I asked what school and didn't get a answer does anybody know what school he coached at? I was just wondering

Surratt was the baseball coach before Griff. Griff was the coach when they made the state run. Surratt was an assistant under Rodney Russell. Russell left in 93. Williams took over in 94.

thanks for the info. I played for Williams and don't know much about Russell. I know Williams had several teams that were good. I just didn't like the wishbone offense though

thanks for the info. I played for Williams and don't know much about Russell. I know Williams had several teams that were good. I just didn't like the wishbone offense though

The old wishbone is not my favorite either.
But the wishbone that has a Mis direction feature, With play action pass and quick go routes in a hurry up is pretty exciting