Good morning, ECO

stevenash

The republicans should be the bigger people. They should show him how to compromise.

Sorry, Big Girl but when the public elects someone to the highest office in the world, the assumption is that an ability/willingness to compromise already exists.  Its part of a quality called leadership, a foreign term to some.  Furthermore, since he is allegedly "the smartest man in the world",  showing others how to compromise should have been a piece of cake for him.  The Greek Pillars in Denver are gone.  So is the swooning and adulation.  And a pleasing personality will no longer sustain the President nor will comments like " I would like to have a beer with him".  The public wants results and there simply havent been many.   There are over 300 bills, passed by the House of Representatives (obviously by both parties) that have gone no further than the desk of Harry Reid.  Some of those bills could have been passed and some progress could have been made.   Therefore, permit me to suggest to you that you can no longer blame Bush or the rest of the Republicans and get by with it.

Yes, veto, veto, veto against the wishes of the majority as represented by this country.  It will cement his position below Jimmy Carter in the annals of history.

Steve, like I've said before -- the only one really glad that obama is President is Jimma Carter.   He knows now that he won't be the worst President ever! 

If they are not willing to compromise then veto, veto, veto.

the majority of the house and senate, as elected by the country, is now republican. so the majority in the house and senate, as elected by the majority of the country, should compromise with the lame duck president? this makes no sense. I'm not a conservative either. anybody who reads this site will tell you that.

the majority of the house and senate, as elected by the country, is now republican. so the majority in the house and senate, as elected by the majority of the country, should compromise with the lame duck president? this makes no sense. I'm not a conservative either. anybody who reads this site will tell you that.

PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA: The two-thirds of voters who chose not to participate in the process yesterday, I hear you too.

When the president himself is in denial and does not except or respect the peoples vote, why would anyone expect his most loyal supporters to. 

Whereas, Obama may be correct, the voter turnout was low (as it usually is in mid terms) it can hardly be determined that all those who did not vote would support his agenda. In fact it may very well mean, the turnout was at least somewhat lower due to some that supported him before, no longer do, and simply chose not to participate.

The best I can figure, Obama thinks that sense he won back to back elections that the majority of the "citizens" do still support his policies, and whether they voted or not he will continue his agenda on their behalf, as ridiculous as that may seem to some of us.