Vidor @ Beaumont Central

Soulja you and all the other posters on here were saying the same thing when we played channelview. What makes central any different or better than channelview. If central played channelview this Friday would they win. We took channelview down to the wire. Is central faster and bigger than channelview. I admit I have not seen central play. But I can't imagine central being any faster or bigger. Everybody was saying channelview would beat us by whatever they wanted. Turnovers has what has killed the pirates. If the Pirates can do away with the turnovers they have a shot.

Soulja you and all the other posters on here were saying the same thing when we played channelview. What makes central any different or better than channelview. If central played channelview this Friday would they win. We took channelview down to the wire. Is central faster and bigger than channelview. I admit I have not seen central play. But I can't imagine central being any faster or bigger. Everybody was saying channelview would beat us by whatever they wanted. Turnovers has what has killed the pirates. If the Pirates can do away with the turnovers they have a shot.

Uhhh, Central actually plays defense and channelview relies on outscoring people.. that's been Channelview's calling card for years.

I see this as a close game thru 2.5 qtrs. Central will eventually wear Vidor down and pull away late. Central's size and depth will be the difference. Vidor has too many kids going both ways. I agree that this Vidor team will make some noise, but they are a year away.

Central 48
Vidor 21

Prove me wrong Pirates. I would gladly accept it.

I see this as a close game thru 2.5 qtrs. Central will eventually wear Vidor down and pull away late. Central's size and depth will be the difference. Vidor has too many kids going both ways. I agree that this Vidor team will make some noise, but they are a year away.
Central 48
Vidor 21
Prove me wrong Pirates. I would gladly accept it.

Yea I talked to 1 of the officials from the game Friday night and he stated that the biggest issue is a lack of depth, too many kids going both ways. That's pretty much how Ozen pulled it out and GCM almost did. Vidor was up 42-7 at one point. Said the final 2 point conversion attempt was similar to the way the Nederland/Central game ended. If the kid dives or stretches the ball out before his knee goes down, that game would have ended differently...

Aren't you a Silsbee fan? How are they doing this year?

he hasn't made any predictions saying silsbee was gonna be some powerhouse either. He knew they would be rebuilding this year. He may not have predicted 2-5 at this point, but he definitely didn't say they were gonna be the normal silsbee team.

I've said this the last 3 weeks, and I will say it again, we HAVE to play all 4 freakin qtrs of ball or we WILL lose to Central, period.  The last two Friday's we have went in at the half, only to come out playing as if the water boy substituted in for all of our players.

With that being said, IF we can play strong the whole game, we will win it.

Yea I talked to 1 of the officials from the game Friday night and he stated that the biggest issue is a lack of depth, too many kids going both ways. That's pretty much how Ozen pulled it out and GCM almost did. Vidor was up 42-7 at one point. Said the final 2 point conversion attempt was similar to the way the Nederland/Central game ended. If the kid dives or stretches the ball out before his knee goes down, that game would have ended differently...

I wouldn't say the Ozen comeback was all due to our lack of depth. That's all I will say about that.

he hasn't made any predictions saying silsbee was gonna be some powerhouse either. He knew they would be rebuilding this year. He may not have predicted 2-5 at this point, but he definitely didn't say they were gonna be the normal silsbee team.

I have no problem with Silsbee. It seems as though every chance he gets he is trying to down Central...

Thoughts on this game:
Vidor is gonna pound the rock. No doubt. But central is so athletic all the way around. (Not saying Vidor isn't an athletic team) central is too much for the pirates. Is number 7 for vidor a senior or what?

Nope. Junior. And leckelt is a sophomore, and Dewitt is a junior. Like we said earlier, this is a young young team lol.

they will be a playoff team next year no doubt

Don't put the cart before the horse. Let's get thru this year before making predictions about next year. This team is young and doesn't need unjust pressure placed upon them. Let them mature into the team they will be. Future is bright, but don't start heaping more expectations on them just yet.