Ec - buna

wackpack

Did a little bit more digging. Talked to some people in the Buna and EC areas. From what I've heard, Buna has been beating teams because of their offense - mainly their run game. Against K-Ville, they had to open up the passing game, and essentially outscored them. Their defense hasn't been able to stop any quality offenses, and you can see that against Center, HF, and K-Ville. If you look at EC, their defense has been absolutely dominant. The most points allowed was against Kountze, and we all know how they can put up numbers. I think maybe EC's defense will be a bit too much for Buna.

Another way to look at it is the only quality offense (Kountze) EC has played scored 33, HF's King was injured so that affected the score in that game. Nobody was scoring on Kirbyville either, with the exception of OF scoring 27. Buna hung 49 on the Black Swarm. This is not the same old Buna team coming to Chambers County this year. You better play your A game cause we're bringing ours. EC is just now hitting the meat of their schedule. The next 3 weeks will tell the tale on both teams :)

Another way to look at it is the only quality offense (Kountze) EC has played scored 33, HF's King was injured so that affected the score in that game. Nobody was scoring on Kirbyville either, with the exception of OF scoring 27. Buna hung 49 on the Black Swarm. This is not the same old Buna team coming to Chambers County this year. You better play your A game cause we're bringing ours. EC is just now hitting the meat of their schedule. The next 3 weeks will tell the tale on both teams :)

ec will be better prepared than Kirbyville was. They always are

"A" game by Buna and Cocky and Sloppy by Kirbyville = Buna win!

Its not a very hard equation folks...Buna played a great game and Kirbyville shot themself in the foot by lack of exicution and poor coaching / player adjustments IMO. To be clear...I am not saying Buna did not deserve the win because last Friday night is a perfect example of why you play the game folks and Buna played and deserved the win 100%. EC will be ready and if Buna goes in Cocky and Sloppy...EC will walk away with a win...good luck to both as I have friends in both places so I dont have a desire one way or another, just hope all the players stay safe and injury free!  

"A" game by Buna and Cocky and Sloppy by Kirbyville = Buna win!

Its not a very hard equation folks...Buna played a great game and Kirbyville shot themself in the foot by lack of exicution and poor coaching / player adjustments IMO. To be clear...I am not saying Buna did not deserve the win because last Friday night is a perfect example of why you play the game folks and Buna played and deserved the win 100%. EC will be ready and if Buna goes in Cocky and Sloppy...EC will walk away with a win...good luck to both as I have friends in both places so I dont have a desire one way or another, just hope all the players stay safe and injury free!

So Buna got lucky?? WOW just because some of us Buna fans are cocky it doesn't mean the coaches and players are. There are cocky fans for both teams always is, no matter who is playing. And I can guarantee you that these young men in Buna aren't they are humble and so thankful for the success they have had. They like the young men in EC have worked there butts off to get here so just because we as fans are doesn't translate anything to players!! I know you said IF they come in cocky I can promise you they won't!!! It will be an excellent football game with to great programs may the best team win!!

Did a little bit more digging. Talked to some people in the Buna and EC areas. From what I've heard, Buna has been beating teams because of their offense - mainly their run game. Against K-Ville, they had to open up the passing game, and essentially outscored them. Their defense hasn't been able to stop any quality offenses, and you can see that against Center, HF, and K-Ville. If you look at EC, their defense has been absolutely dominant. The most points allowed was against Kountze, and we all know how they can put up numbers. I think maybe EC's defense will be a bit too much for Buna.

Is Orangefield considered a quality offense?

Buna held OF to 13 points while OF scored 28 against HJ.

Be careful with those comparisons. ;)

king was not injured. He sure looked 100 percent to me. Now the excuse I have heard from some hf fans is that the field condition was bad with all the rain. Blah blah blah.

king was not injured. He sure looked 100 percent to me. Now the excuse I have heard from some hf fans is that the field condition was bad with all the rain. Blah blah blah.

If it's bad on the offensive players, ( slowing them down, bad cutting, footing, etc.) Wouldn't it affect the defense in the same way lol

Another way to look at it is the only quality offense (Kountze) EC has played scored 33, HF's King was injured so that affected the score in that game. Nobody was scoring on Kirbyville either, with the exception of OF scoring 27. Buna hung 49 on the Black Swarm. This is not the same old Buna team coming to Chambers County this year. You better play your A game cause we're bringing ours. EC is just now hitting the meat of their schedule. The next 3 weeks twill tell the tale on both teams :)

Who told you king was injured in the EC game?

Is Orangefield considered a quality offense?

Buna held OF to 13 points while OF scored 28 against HJ.

Be careful with those comparisons. ;)

What does HJ have to do with this? And don't you forget how those last two OF TD's came about. I'm not going to start that here, because we'll go on forever and in circles. My comparisons were sound, and there's always one exception to the rule. OF's offense isn't designed to put up big numbers, and they had only scored twice against HJ until the last 3 minutes or so. The point I was making is that Buna's defense isn't what EC's defense is. If that is proved not to be the case on Friday, I'll take it back, but it seems highly unlikely.

So Buna got lucky?? WOW just because some of us Buna fans are cocky it doesn't mean the coaches and players are. There are cocky fans for both teams always is, no matter who is playing. And I can guarantee you that these young men in Buna aren't they are humble and so thankful for the success they have had. They like the young men in EC have worked there butts off to get here so just because we as fans are doesn't translate anything to players!! I know you said IF they come in cocky I can promise you they won't!!! It will be an excellent football game with to great programs may the best team win!!

Reel that baby back in Broski! First, never said luck had anything to do with it the outcome of the game. As a matter of fact it was pretty clear it was a cause and effect thing! The cause: "A" game by Buna and a cocky sloppy play by Kirbyvile...the effect: BUNA WINS. Second I gave caution to Buna about not falling into the same trap...never questioned character or anything like that, SO DONT PUT WORDS OUT THERE THAT ARE NOT ACCURATE...I have a lot of respect for these young men on both teams! And yes may the best program win!

I'm seeing the same old story that it has been week after week for Buna. While Buna is getting a little bit more respect than before, I feel like they are still being under estimated. Maybe that's a good thing and Buna will come out on top just like they have every week this season when nobody thought they were any good.

Some of you guys are not to Be Taken Serious...Buna and Kirbyville are in a Whole different category than The rest of the District...EC is not good enough to beat niether

We will see about that on Friday night.  We will show up on Friday and play football.  Our coaches coach well and our players play hard and believe in themselves.  It is a recipe that has worked well for 20 years.  I guess that is why you don't see many EC fans talking trash on here and promising that we will beat the brakes off of our opponent.  I understand that you are excited because Buna has a pretty good team this year and you havn't enjoyed an overly high amount of success lately in football.  I would be remissed if it didn't tell you to keep winning year in and year out and you will learn how to do it gratiously.  Now get back to class boy before the tardy bell rings. 

I'm looking forward to a great game and hope everyone gets through the game and back home safely.

I Spoke with an EC Fan who is also my friend when Buna played HF in Hampshire earlier this Yr and we talked about who would win this year..He said EC and I argued Buna..Well He came to Buna for there Showdown against Kirbyville and Let's Just say he Told me What he Truly thought..."If EC doesn't play an A Plus Game they will Lose"..

I Spoke with an EC Fan who is also my friend when Buna played HF in Hampshire earlier this Yr and we talked about who would win this year..He said EC and I argued Buna..Well He came to Buna for there Showdown against Kirbyville and Let's Just say he Told me What he Truly thought..."If EC doesn't play an A Plus Game they will Lose"..

And if Buna does not play an "A+" game they will lose

I would not won't to be the DC at EC . Sounds like a two headed monster , being able to run and pass well. That kinda offense sure keeps a guy honest. EC is at home but Buna has ball control . Buna by 13......Buna's base formation has a ring to it, DOUBLE TIGHT NASTY SLOT. you gotta love that !

Isn't that just another name for the slot T where they play hide the football?