West Orange-Stark 42 Orangefield 14/Final

WOSgrad

Trust me Skip, all of us have always respected Orangefield. Its like playing against your little brother...you dont want to beat him up too bad but still want to show him whos in charge. LOL. Congrats to Smally and the Cats! Orangefield will become one of the premeir SETX teams in a few years. The area is growing very fast with large elementary classes and more families moving in every day. I hope Smally stays around and builds a tradition here.

[qu ote name="TxHoops" post="1563148" timestamp="1413642653"]

That you complain and call for the coach's head after losses and it's all rainbows and sunshine when they win? Yeah, I'm aware of the truth ;)[/quote]

I never called FOR anyone's head all I said was people like you who seem to know what's best and don't have a kid in the WOS system

[quote name="One4All" post="1563197" timestamp="1413646336"]

[qu ote name="TxHoops" post="1563148" timestamp="1413642653"]

That you complain and call for the coach's head after losses and it's all rainbows and sunshine when they win? Yeah, I'm aware of the truth ;)[/quote]

I never called FOR anyone's head all I said was people like you who seem to know what's best and don't have a kid in the WOS system[/quote]

:rolleyes:

Was it tied at the half? Or was WO-S up by a TD? I've heard different things. Heard the QB is playing really well for West Orange. HJ HAS to do what OF did and jump out early if they're going to take down the Mustangs.

Nope, not the answer....jumping out early didn't help OF and it won't help HJ...(the only way to beat WOS is to be +1 when the clock strikes - 0:00 in the 4th) but for that to happen for HJ, half of WOS will have to go down with injuries -v- HF....

I'll go with a 2013 repeat - WOS - BIG...it's just a matter if WOS coaches want to make a statement after all the smack from HJ...or call the dogs off to show sportsmanship.

Nope, not the answer....jumping out early didn't help OF and it won't help HJ...(the only way to beat WOS is to be +1 when the clock strikes - 0:00 in the 4th) but for that to happen for HJ, half of WOS will have to go down with injuries -v- HF....

I'll go with a 2013 repeat - WOS - BIG...it's just a matter if WOS coaches want to make a statement after all the smack from HJ...or call the dogs off to show sportsmanship.

Well, we have to make sure HJ doesn't lose this week! :rolleyes:  I know it's easy to like to see someone who beat you go down hard. I have said it before, I wouldn't be surprised if HJ lost to WO-S. Would I be surprised if the opposite happens? No! I think they are very evenly matched teams. Jumping out early didn't help OF, but it certainly could help HJ. HJ is the better team and will play WO-S closer than OF did, because that's what better teams do. I hope they are ready to play, because if they came out like they did against HF, it will be a long night - just like it was for OF.

Well, we have to make sure HJ doesn't lose this week! :rolleyes:  I know it's easy to like to see someone who beat you go down hard. I have said it before, I wouldn't be surprised if HJ lost to WO-S. Would I be surprised if the opposite happens? No! I think they are very evenly matched teams. Jumping out early didn't help OF, but it certainly could help HJ. HJ is the better team and will play WO-S closer than OF did, because that's what better teams do. I hope they are ready to play, because if they came out like they did against HF, it will be a long night - just like it was for OF.

yep by 7 points (the HJ -v- OF game has already been played)...so 42-21 or 35 - 14 Stangs....you choose!

yep by 7 points (the HJ -v- OF game has already been played)...so 42-21 or 35 - 14 Stangs....you choose!

We shall see. I just think HJ has more offensive weapons to use against them than OF did, and I think HJ's defense is going to be able to hold them if they play how they did against Tatum rather than how they played against HF.

We shall see. I just think HJ has more offensive weapons to use against them than OF did, and I think HJ's defense is going to be able to hold them if they play how they did against Tatum rather than how they played against HF.

Watched the Tatum game. WOS will have a much better passing game than Tatum.

Watched the Tatum game. WOS will have a much better passing game than Tatum.

Tatum has elite receivers. QB just didn't have time to get it to them, and when he got a pass off, there was an HJ defender there. HJ has to play that kind of defense in order to beat West Orange. Not the kind they played on Friday.

I believe HJ is the better team but I also believe they do not have the speed to keep up with WOS recievers. This is backyard football at its best and they are very good at it. Not to mention the fact that the qb has learned to tuck it and run when you turn your back. We've played both and WO wins this one and it doesnt matter by how much.

like it was said in the houston paper a couple weeks back about D THOMPSON  he is very hard to cover  with just one player on him  he will eat your lunch then agan  u might try to hide the DBs and sneak  one more on him then the partys over the skilled wr  will brake open .the young dallas kid from wo-s is starting to read better game by game 

I believe HJ is the better team but I also believe they do not have the speed to keep up with WOS recievers. This is backyard football at its best and they are very good at it. Not to mention the fact that the qb has learned to tuck it and run when you turn your back. We've played both and WO wins this one and it doesnt matter by how much.

LOL... "backyard"??? Have you seen the spread before?

saw them last year in the playoffs and had to game plan for it. they ran a west coast style offense. Splitbacks, single back, with a little spread.

Well, they run the spread now. They were never under center during the entire HJ game. Now, they do look like a team that is just now starting to run the spread because the QB looked very out of sorts at times and was not accurate with his quick passes AT ALL so it doesn't surprise me that they just went to the spread.

Well, they run the spread now. They were never under center during the entire HJ game. Now, they do look like a team that is just now starting to run the spread because the QB looked very out of sorts at times and was not accurate with his quick passes AT ALL so it doesn't surprise me that they just went to the spread.

they have spread type of athletes.

We have played a couple of teams with fast receivers. I believe the fact that you have to throw over Wilkins, Edelmon and Padgett each 6'4" or better, then hands up and jumping has a lot to do with those qb's over shooting the receivers... They do not get blown backwards, they will be in Jack's face all night....They may not get to him, but he still will have to throw over them most of the time... Its going to be a good game, by far our biggest test of the season so far...