WOS@ORANGEFIELD

wo-s#1

I think WO-S will be very surprised at how good Orangefield is. They have only lost 3 games so far......and ALL 3 were to undefeated teams.They were a play or two away from being undefeated themselves. Lost by 2 scores to Kirbyville, one score to HJ, and one POINT to Buna. Yea I think they are a lot better than most Mustang fans will be expecting.But who knows anymore. Lol..

I think WO-S will be very surprised at how good Orangefield is. They have only lost 3 games so far......and ALL 3 were to undefeated teams.They were a play or two away from being undefeated themselves. Lost by 2 scores to Kirbyville, one score to HJ, and one POINT to Buna. Yea I think they are a lot better than most Mustang fans will be expecting.But who knows anymore. Lol..

west orange stark already knows how good the cats are 

WOS rolls by 3+ touchdowns and Skipper I don't get you at times. you claim you're a mustang fan but go against your team a lot or even doubt them.

Skipper is a realist. He's about as far from delusional as it gets. He loves WO-S, but is the first to tell you that they can be beaten. He doesn't get caught up in the hype!

I think it will be a good game, however I think WOS will prevail

This OF team isn't near as talented in the skill positions as the team last year, and I think not a better team, but they are gritty and their lines might have been improved

they find a way to compete and I think that trend with continue..

Go bobcats! But WOS will start a roll Friday

WOS 35-24

Listening to the game there were several turnovers that really hurt the bobcats, I have to say that the game was a lot closer than what some may think. I realize WOS has a bunch of haters, its always apparent when they post or hit the like button when someone is down playing the MUSTANGS! But all this negativity is arsenal for our team! Even some of the setx admin are hoping WOS falls short,MUSTANGS LOVE IT.

So you think West Orange will put up the same amount on OF that HJ did? I figured they were supposed to score a lot more. And if you remember, the HJ score very well could have been 35-14. Remember, during that hook and ladder play, the ball was batted into the air at the line! The score isn't close if OF doesn't come up with that lucky catch! Now you're saying that HJ and WO-S are pretty evenly matched? Hmmmm. I'd have to agree with you!

And "if" Orangefield doesn't make a couple of mental mistakes the game probably never gets blown open. The "if" goes both ways. Don't try and downplay how close the game really was. If HJ had won 35-14 it also wouldn't have depicted how close the game truly was. Two good teams played a pretty even game and HJ came out on top. It's as simple as that.

And "if" Orangefield doesn't make a couple of mental mistakes the game probably never gets blown open. The "if" goes both ways. Don't try and downplay how close the game really was. If HJ had won 35-14 it also wouldn't have depicted how close the game truly was. Two good teams played a pretty even game and HJ came out on top. It's as simple as that.

IF Thompson doesn't fumble on the 1 on the opening drive, HJ is now up another TD going into the half, and it was even more unlikely that OF makes it a game. Like I said last week before the game, it was going to be close until HJ pulled away late in the 3rd quarter. I'm not downplaying anything. HJ made mistakes just like OF did. If you take those away, HJ still ends up on top. I was just making the argument that StangX apparently thinks that HJ and WO-S are pretty evenly matched, although he has stated otherwise before.

IF Thompson doesn't fumble on the 1 on the opening drive, HJ is now up another TD going into the half, and it was even more unlikely that OF makes it a game. Like I said last week before the game, it was going to be close until HJ pulled away late in the 3rd quarter. I'm not downplaying anything. HJ made mistakes just like OF did. If you take those away, HJ still ends up on top. I was just making the argument that StangX apparently thinks that HJ and WO-S are pretty evenly matched, although he has stated otherwise before.

Not trying to argue with you HJ2012 because HJ won the game plain and simple, but I'll disagree with you on on a few things. Yes the play where HJ fumbled at the 1 was big, but just as big was the muffed punt early in the game by my Cats. I think the timing of our mistakes really hurt us more than the mistakes made by HJ. We gave y'all a short field and like good teams y'all took advantage. Another special teams goof was the punt return for a touch down, flag or no flag it was a score, but if that flag stands and is not waved off,you again have another momemtum shift which turned out good for y'all, and bad for us. I thought my Cats outplayed the Hawks in the first half, and I believe we out gained them as well. So a short field (inside our 20 I believe) and a punt return was really all the Hawks had to show for in the first half.

Another big mistake was the 2nd muffed punt, that was a huge momemtum swing and again gave y'all a short field. We had actually stopped the hawks on downs the first drive of the 2nd half then we forced y'all to punt and the above happened. Good teams take advantage and that was the case again as y'all scored to go up 20-14. I believe that was the score heading into the 4th and then y'all put an impressive drive together over 70 yards I believe to go up 28-14 with probably 6 minutes or so left in the game. I posted on this board about that time saying the game was closer than the scored indicated, and a few HJ posters agreed with me.

Then all the craziness started. First play we throw a pick trying to score quickly and again y'all took advantage to go up 35-14. But you still can't tell me that at that point you honestly believe y'all just blew the doors off of us. You know the rest of the story and we actually didn't lose that game, we just ran out of time ;)

Not trying to argue with you HJ2012 because HJ won the game plain and simple, but I'll disagree with you on on a few things. Yes the play where HJ fumbled at the 1 was big, but just as big was the muffed punt early in the game by my Cats. I think the timing of our mistakes really hurt us more than the mistakes made by HJ. We gave y'all a short field and like good teams y'all took advantage. Another special teams goof was the punt return for a touch down, flag or no flag it was a score, but if that flag stands and is not waved off,you again have another momemtum shift which turned out good for y'all, and bad for us. I thought my Cats outplayed the Hawks in the first half, and I believe we out gained them as well. So a short field (inside our 20 I believe) and a punt return was really all the Hawks had to show for in the first half.

Another big mistake was the 2nd muffed punt, that was a huge momemtum swing and again gave y'all a short field. We had actually stopped the hawks on downs the first drive of the 2nd half then we forced y'all to punt and the above happened. Good teams take advantage and that was the case again as y'all scored to go up 20-14. I believe that was the score heading into the 4th and then y'all put an impressive drive together over 70 yards I believe to go up 28-14 with probably 6 minutes or so left in the game. I posted on this board about that time saying the game was closer than the scored indicated, and a few HJ posters agreed with me.

Then all the craziness started. First play we throw a pick trying to score quickly and again y'all took advantage to go up 35-14. But you still can't tell me that at that point you honestly believe y'all just blew the doors off of us. You know the rest of the story and we actually didn't lose that game, we just ran out of time ;)

What was that flag for? I couldn't figure it out and and missed where the flag was thrown from, so I had no idea. As for what I saw on the punt return, it looked like the Bobcats were expecting the fair catch. I believe it was Josh Jack that saw the HUGE gap straight up the middle and you know what happened after that. Now the short field was nice, but I could make the argument that we very well could have taken the ball the length of the field and scored. I would say that maybe the Bobcats outplayed the Hawks at the end of the half, not the entire first half.

HJ was able to force turnovers and play with a comfortable lead. I do think it was a very close game until the 4th quarter. You have to remember that the INT was somewhere around our own 30 yard line. HJ put more than just one drive together. They have the ability to do that, regardless of how far they have to go. I did think once HJ went up 35-14 it was over (I was hoping OF would try to kick a field goal because I had picked the final to be 35-17). I knew there wasn't enough time for OF to come away with three TD's.

As to you not losing the game, just running out of time, you have to remember that we ended with the ball. You had four tries for the end-zone. We made the stop before the game ended! Time didn't run out, OF's luck ran out!

Dude..... We beat Orangefield..... Let it go...... We let them catch up... So what? They had 2 awesome onside kicks that went their way and they made us pay.... Those mistakes are fixable, we learned from it... Oct 31st, HJ gonna shock the world!!!!!!! I bet Terry Bradshaw and Jimmy Johnson make the trip down to see this one so they can report back to fox news..... C'mon man..... Lets keeps it nice and greasy up in this forum...

Dude..... We beat Orangefield..... Let it go...... We let them catch up... So what? They had 2 awesome onside kicks that went their way and they made us pay.... Those mistakes are fixable, we learned from it... Oct 31st, HJ gonna shock the world!!!!!!! I bet Terry Bradshaw and Jimmy Johnson make the trip down to see this one so they can report back to fox news..... C'mon man..... Lets keeps it nice and greasy up in this forum...

SORRY NEWTON BEAT YOU TO IT

If you watched the game you know how huge those two muffed punts were. If I remember correctly, both led to 7 points. The second killed the morale and energy of Orangefield for the next few drives, and also put the defense back on the field after a big stop. Which is when HJ scored I believe another 2 touchdowns. Sure is funny that those are the only drives in which the HJ offense dominated the Bobcats. Yes HJ's fumble cost them 7 pts anyway you slice it, but that is the only bearing the play had on the game. I believe HJ was the slightly better team and am trying to take nothing away from HJ on the win. But you HJ folks acting like your the Cowboys of the 90's is comical and how the ifs only work y'all's way. If this happened, if that happened we slaughter the bobcats. Yet when someone else says if it's not relevant to the score. As far as stangx we will see who is right, but outside of HJ fans and a select few others, nobody expects you to beat WOS. Do you have a chance, sure, do I think you will, not even a chance. The sad part is some people have stated how they would like to pull for y'all, but the four or five of y'all's blatant arrogance makes the probable loss WOS is going to give y'all all the more sweeter. Now for the last time the game Friday night was extremely close, every honest non biased person there knows it. Even your own Lazeek, who I respect, stated it during the time HJ was pulling away.

Dude..... We beat Orangefield..... Let it go...... We let them catch up... So what? They had 2 awesome onside kicks that went their way and they made us pay.... Those mistakes are fixable, we learned from it... Oct 31st, HJ gonna shock the world!!!!!!! I bet Terry Bradshaw and Jimmy Johnson make the trip down to see this one so they can report back to fox news..... C'mon man..... Lets keeps it nice and greasy up in this forum...

Would it even be a shock if HJ beats WOS? I could see them winning just as easy as WOS winning

Would it even be a shock if HJ beats WOS? I could see them winning just as easy as WOS winning

I think on paper it wouldn't be a big shock. But in the general landscape of setx football, where WOS is unbeatable in district, and where WOS has routinely beaten HJ by 40, 50, even 60 points, a lot of folks will be shocked if it happens, even though the results this season show that HJ has at least a decent chance of doing so. Despite HJ having several solid wins, and WOS having trouble scoring against tough defenses, there are many people predicting WOS to win by 3-4 touchdowns. While this is a possibility, there's a far better chance of HJ winning than WOS blowing the hawks out. That said, I'm sure most of the people making those types of predictions will be shocked if HJ wins. Heck, even though I know the hawks have a team capable of beating WOS, I'll probably be a little shocked myself if it happens.

If you watched the game you know how huge those two muffed punts were. If I remember correctly, both led to 7 points. The second killed the morale and energy of Orangefield for the next few drives, and also put the defense back on the field after a big stop. Which is when HJ scored I believe another 2 touchdowns. Sure is funny that those are the only drives in which the HJ offense dominated the Bobcats. Yes HJ's fumble cost them 7 pts anyway you slice it, but that is the only bearing the play had on the game. I believe HJ was the slightly better team and am trying to take nothing away from HJ on the win. But you HJ folks acting like your the Cowboys of the 90's is comical and how the ifs only work y'all's way. If this happened, if that happened we slaughter the bobcats. Yet when someone else says if it's not relevant to the score. As far as stangx we will see who is right, but outside of HJ fans and a select few others, nobody expects you to beat WOS. Do you have a chance, sure, do I think you will, not even a chance. The sad part is some people have stated how they would like to pull for y'all, but the four or five of y'all's blatant arrogance makes the probable loss WOS is going to give y'all all the more sweeter. Now for the last time the game Friday night was extremely close, every honest non biased person there knows it. Even your own Lazeek, who I respect, stated it during the time HJ was pulling away.

I'm not saying the game wasn't close! The game was tied at the half. It was very close. You think every person on the HJ side wasn't sweating bullets coming down to the end? Heck yeah we were! But, I definitely didn't think OF could come back from a THREE touchdown deficit, and I was correct. It was simply too much. You also seem to have forgotten the 70 + yard drive that ended in 8 points. I think HJ pretty much dominated the Cats there. Yes, the muffed punts hurt you, and HJ took advantage. If OF was such a great team, they would have worked on not having those issues that led to the muffed punts. The thing about IF's is that they can be argued in circles. I think HJ could have gone the length of the field and scored had the punts not been muffed. Heck, maybe it was a good thing that they were muffed becuase HJ showed that they can run one back against you! Who's to say it doesn't happen again? HJ was the better team. IF a few things don't happen for both sides, I still think HJ comes out on top. Maybe it's a slaughter, maybe it's not. The things happened they way they did and nothing you and I say is going to change it. Do I think HJ will beat West Orange? I think they have a shot! Absolutely I do, and I'm very eager to see how it plays out. Would I be surprised if HJ loses? Not at all. HJ is going to go to the playoffs, regardless of the outcome of that game. For all we know a loss may help them as far as playoff placement. HJ has a really good team this year and has proven that. When I was in high school we played awful teams and still lost. They play up and win and still have doubters. Am I surprised? No. It's still HJ and it's still WO-S and the track record has shown this game to be another W under West Orange's belt. OF is a lot better than they have been in the past and I am not trying to take that away from them. However, I won't sit idly by and have people post about how HJ really isn't that good after they have beaten every team they have faced this season! I have never gotten on here and spouted "just because" crap. I have always provided reasonable logic as to why I think things are going to happen or why I think they happened and I'll tell you right now I am not delusional like others are on here. I have been very respectful in every aspect on this message board, even when others were not so much. Now some HJ fans just like to stir the pot because they finally can, but don't act like every other school in the entire state doesn't have those fans. I'll end by saying good luck to Orangefield because you certainly have your work cut out for you Friday night.