pick your upset for this week

skipper

Who you getting your info from? So because KP beat GP by ONE TD more than Dayton.. KP wins against Dayton?

No, because Dayton could only muster 265 total yards with the home refs on Humble and scored 0 points in the second half against GP. If Dayton plays KP the same way they did Humble they will lose. KP rushed for over 330 yards on Dayton last year and also had 2 pick 6's on defense. I don't see anything that has changed between the two to say it won't happen again.

No, because Dayton could only muster 265 total yards with the home refs on Humble and scored 0 points in the second half against GP. If Dayton plays KP the same way they did Humble they will lose. KP rushed for over 330 yards on Dayton last year and also had 2 pick 6's on defense. I don't see anything that has changed between the two to say it won't happen again.

Coug14: What's your take on Ned/Central both with and without Seay? Ned played pretty well against Crosby(and the backup QB got some experience) then played poorly against Dayton and Clear Lake. They have looked good in the first two district games, similar to the way they looked against Crosby. How do you see this one?

Coug14: What's your take on Ned/Central both with and without Seay? Ned played pretty well against Crosby(and the backup QB got some experience) then played poorly against Dayton and Clear Lake. They have looked good in the first two disutrict games, similar to the way they looked against Crosby. How do you see this one?

With Seay I think Ned has a real shot at winning and maybe to the point of a pick 'em if there was a spread on the game. Without Seay Ned's offense is pretty pedestrian and will struggle to win individual matchups against Central. Much like our recent game with KP, Ned's backup QB made some hay against us because there was no game plan for him once the starter got hurt. That, along with the fact that Ned probably played their cleanest game of the year. Last year a guy like Kimler who had 5 catches for 135 could threaten Central on the outside, this year Ned doesn't have that type of edge personnel to keep Central honest.

Ned has to win this game with defense. Central being held to 14 points by a bad PAM defense and 21 points helped by 3 turnovers by an equally as bad SC defense at least gives Ned a good statistical chance. Like I said though, I'm not sure Ned has the personnel this year to exploit Central's weaknesses.

With Seay I think Ned has a real shot at winning and maybe to the point of a pick 'em if there was a spread on the game. Without Seay Ned's offense is pretty pedestrian and will struggle to win individual matchups against Central. Much like our recent game with KP, Ned's backup QB made some hay against us because there was no game plan for him once the starter got hurt. That, along with the fact that Ned probably played their cleanest game of the year. Last year a guy like Kimler who had 5 catches for 135 could threaten Central on the outside, this year Ned doesn't have that type of edge personnel to keep Central honest.

Ned has to win this game with defense. Central being held to 14 points by a bad PAM defense and 21 points helped by 3 turnovers by an equally as bad SC defense at least gives Ned a good statistical chance. Like I said though, I'm not sure Ned has the personnel this year to exploit Central's weaknesses.

Good analysis. A couple of major differences from the Crosby game other than Seay of course. One is good and one is bad. #13 Bordelon one of our top WR tore his ACL vs Vidor, that's the bad news. The good news, RB #22 Krautz has become a dynamic playmaker as a RB and at times a slot WR. I agree that the D is gonna have to play like they did vs you guys to stay in the game. I'm still hoping that Seay being out is a rumor. The backup QB can sling it, but we need Seay out there making plays in this game.

Ive seen it.first hand, you absolutely cannot compare PAM weeks 1-2 to now. Not dogging you just making it clear the differences between the memorial team that was 2-0 to the 0-4 skid is so vast.

Ive seen it.first hand, you absolutely cannot compare PAM weeks 1-2 to now. Not dogging you just making it clear the differences between the memorial team that was 2-0 to the 0-4 skid is so vast.

I'm not comparing the team, I'm comparing the defense. Blanking Ozen isn't really anything to hang your hat on, new coach with a new system much like Ned did Crosby in 2012 when they got a new coach. Central played them better the next week. In week 3 as the film came in PAM's defense got even worse. They were always that bad, it's just that now teams have film and know how to exploit them. It also coincided with them playing teams in their own classification. The offense has actually improved since the Central game.   

I'm not comparing the team, I'm comparing the defense. Blanking Ozen isn't really anything to hang your hat on, new coach with a new system much like Ned did Crosby in 2012 when they got a new coach. Central played them better the next week. In week 3 as the film came in PAM's defense got even worse. They were always that bad, it's just that now teams have film and know how to exploit them. It also coincided with them playing teams in their own classification. The offense has actually improved since the Central game.

"they were always that bad"……. i stopped reading after that statement.

Have you been to a Memorial game Coug14 this yr, last yr, 2012, 2011 or 2010? Just asking.

"they were always that bad"……. i stopped reading after that statement.

Have you been to a Memorial game Coug14 this yr, last yr, 2012, 2011 or 2010? Just asking.

Nah, but I've watched most of their stuff on VYPE and on youtube recorded off that channel y'all have over there that's like our KUBE over here. What did PAM do the first two weeks of the season to make you think otherwise? Blank a team with half the enrollment that would finish in 8th place over here, a squad with a new coach in his first game? Hold a Central team to 14 points that had 7 on a sub-par SC defense with 6 mins to go in the 4th quarter? Just asking? PAM was suspect on defense last year against decent teams as you can see from the 47 ppg they gave up last year in their 4 losses. I don't need to attend games to see that. If I needed a homer's opinion I would ask my co-worker who attends every single PAM game when we're not on T/A.

You've been wrong on about 75% of what you've said so far this year while I'm batting over .900, I don't know why you would even question this knowledge I'm dropping on you?

Nah, but I've watched most of their stuff on VYPE and on youtube recorded off that channel y'all have over there that's like our KUBE over here. What did PAM do the first two weeks of the season to make you think otherwise? Blank a team with half the enrollment that would finish in 8th place over here, a squad with a new coach in his first game? Hold a Central team to 14 points that had 7 on a sub-par SC defense with 6 mins to go in the 4th quarter? Just asking? PAM was suspect on defense last year against decent teams as you can see from the 47 ppg they gave up last year in their 4 losses. I don't need to attend games to see that. If I needed a homer's opinion I would ask my co-worker who attends every single PAM game when we're not on T/A.

You've been wrong on about 75% of what you've said so far this year while I'm batting over .900, I don't know why you would even question this knowledge I'm dropping on you?

*yawn*

Bridge City over Jasper.  Cardinals are healthy after a bye week and the Dawgs are looking past Big Red.  Plus I head that the Dawgs are losing a few key players to grades.

I started to go with that pick along with OF over HJ. Hmmmm… ..how many they losing to grades as far as starters?