#7 Baylor at Texas

king

I don't see it happening, but the Longhorns upsetting the Bears would be awesome for the simple fact that:

1)  I'll be at the game, first time in this stadium...bachelor party (not mine) pre night festivities ;)

2) Obviously an upset would = 6th St being effin crazy!!! 

You need to get whatshername to host you.......

Or come by the tent on the northeast corner of the stadium (just across robt Dedman dr.) b4 the game. Former player tailgate sponsored by deep Eddy vodka. If I can't hook you up with a wrist band, I should at least be able to shovel you drinks. Just don't come wearing any of that gomer crap. Just look for the drunk guy yelling at baptists.

You need to get whatshername to host you.......

My wife got mad at me for tryjng to buy all the left over North Texas tickets.

I tried to convince her it was for business, and I was going to sell the tickets.

She called that scalping, I called it free market enterprise.

Everyone always has a different opinion.

SPCFBG

Guest ECBucFan

Longhorns player: 'They're still Baylor ... we're still Texas'

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/9/29/6865671/john-harris-texas-baylor-comments

That would be senior John Harris, Texas's leading receiver this season, throwing shade at a team that has basically owned the Longhorns during his entire tenure with the school. Harris has played against Baylor in each of the last two seasons, totaling exactly zero catches for zero yards with zero touchdowns.

Longhorns player: 'They're still Baylor ... we're still Texas'

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/9/29/6865671/john-harris-texas-baylor-comments

This is why we love y'all so much.

That would be senior John Harris, Texas's leading receiver this season, throwing shade at a team that has basically owned the Longhorns during his entire tenure with the school. Harris has played against Baylor in each of the last two seasons, totaling exactly zero catches for zero yards with zero touchdowns.

This is the reason that some fans - including me - point to the arrogance of Texas (in some cases) - Texas has never beaten Baylor in this players tenure and he has not done well against Baylor - but yet has the nerve, gall, arrogance ..... whatever you want to say to make that comment.  Fact is that Texas is a great university but their football program is going the opposite direction currently than the Baylor Bears.  They need to at least catch up before they start talking trash again.  

"They're still Baylor"  That's funny.  Not too smart to give Baylor any more motivation when you are already 17 point dogs.  Just waiting for an entitled and arrogant Texas fan to give us their all time record against Baylor.  Holding on to the glory days

Does bulletin board material really work towards motivating a team. I'd imagine it's motivation enough to go into Austin and beat the horns on their own home field.

Fact is that no team like A&M, Baylor, TT, OU or any team that has played Texas regularly over the years needs to have much motivation to want to beat Texas and as bad as possible - all they have to do is look at the history books and most have been beaten soundly and often by Texas in the past.  But today is today and I  think Baylor will be ready to play no matter what is on the bulletin board.

When: Saturday, Oct. 4, 3:30 p.m. ET

Where: Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium, Austin, Texas

TV: ABC

Austin radio: KVET 98.1/1300

SiriusXM satellite radio: XM 202; Sirius 117; Internet 969; Spanish 550

Last meeting: Dec. 7, 2013; Floyd Casey Stadium, Waco, Texas

Last meeting outcome: Baylor 30, Texas 10

Texas vs. Baylor Complete Game Preview

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2215170-texas-vs-baylor-complete-game-preview

SPCFG

UT's only hope, IMHO, is to run the ball and play keep away from Baylor..........ironically, that is the weakest part of our team. Unless we find a ground game, score every time we have the chance and get the breaks in the way of turnovers........it could be a long day. I see BYU all over again. Defense played great til half but they were just out there too much.

Will try to stop by TxHoops - there will be 4 of us, do you have a tv out there to watch the A&M game (11am start)?

Kind of a younger crowd (mostly the more recent former players). Lot of booze and music (DJ), and some grub. Seems like they had a big screen in there at the BYU game. I had several cocktails so I couldn't swear to it but I'm pretty sure there was one. If so, I'm sure the Aggie game will be on.

Fact is that no team like A&M, Baylor, TT, OU or any team that has played Texas regularly over the years needs to have much motivation to want to beat Texas and as bad as possible - all they have to do is look at the history books and most have been beaten soundly and often by Texas in the past. But today is today and I think Baylor will be ready to play no matter what is on the bulletin board.

We're going to get the crap beaten out of us. I've decided I'm not going to sit around and watch another bloodletting (like byu) so my hope is that I'm still in my seat for the 2nd half. If not, I will be enjoying one of Austin's fine watering holes (most like scholz's). Either way, I'm a winner... 🐂

We're going to get the crap beaten out of us. I've decided I'm not going to sit around and watch another bloodletting (like byu) so my hope is that I'm still in my seat for the 2nd half. If not, I will be enjoying one of Austin's fine watering holes (most like scholz's). Either way, I'm a winner...

I'm am holding out for the Miracle on the Colorado. LOL

2. According to the stats gods at ESPN Stats & Information, unranked Texas hasn't beaten a ranked team in Austin in six years, while No. 7 Baylor has defeated 15 consecutive unranked opponents, all but two by double digits. I bring this up only because for nearly all of the 50 years before this period, if you read the previous sentence, the words "Texas" and "Baylor" would be transposed. We are now conditioned to think of Baylor as a Big 12 power and Texas as a team trying to climb. Once in a while, take a step back and consider how amazing that is.

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/notebook?id=11631315&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Ftexags.com%2Fforums%2F6%2Ftopics%2F2535355%22%7D

2. According to the stats gods at ESPN Stats & Information, unranked Texas hasn't beaten a ranked team in Austin in six years, while No. 7 Baylor has defeated 15 consecutive unranked opponents, all but two by double digits. I bring this up only because for nearly all of the 50 years before this period, if you read the previous sentence, the words "Texas" and "Baylor" would be transposed. We are now conditioned to think of Baylor as a Big 12 power and Texas as a team trying to climb. Once in a while, take a step back and consider how amazing that is.

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/notebook?id=11631315&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22http%3A%2F%2Ftexags.com%2Fforums%2F6%2Ftopics%2F2535355%22%7D

research on the road