Hardin-Jefferson @ Tatum

DirtyBird

Ok, I read this entire thread and have a couple of comments..... Contrary to what has been said here, HJ has proven that they have speed on the edges and in the backfield.... We have size, strength, and athleticism... I have seen film on Tatum, and have had kids in the HJ program for 2 years now... (I say 2 years because the previous 11 we have not had a program here)... Tatum will NOT hit HJ in the mouth... Jasper had a really fast QB and awesome wide-out and we sacked and shut that down... Kountze has probably the best athlete at QB and a couple of really good wide-outs and we shut that down.... Center, the same... LCM was supposed to be bigger and tougher, we wore them out..... HJ WILL get PRESSURE to the QB... We stopped pressuring the Kountze QB because they spread everything out and when our ends got upfield, that cat just took off... We stayed home and put a stop to that..... I believe Tatum will be the toughest team that HJ faces until we hit the playoffs.... A win here will be great for our confidence.... But a loss will only make us better... We win either way just because of the caliper of team Tatum is... But if you think Tatum will run over HJ, you got another thing coming.... You may figure out a weakness and beat us, but I promise that weakness aint gonna be hitting us in the mouth..... Good luck Tatum, looking forward to a great, injury free game....Oh, and if HJ pulls this one out, I cannot wait to hear how Tatum is over-rated, or not as good as everyone thought.... This is gonna make for some awesome reading!!!!

first of all Tatum will not be the toughest team you face till playoffs, the one district loss in a few weeks will be the toughest team you face.

also, as for the shutting down Kountze I dont think 300 yards pasing and 28 points is exactly shutting down.  You outscored them on offense and dominated their D but shut them down you did not!

You HONESTLY think SO LITTLE of poor, too slow, not big enough, not tough enough WOS that you BELIEVE with all of your heart that Tatum will be the BEST team you face until the playoffs? You really should start taking your medication regularly. I know you wrote that little line to get under Stang supporters skins. We have had people talk smack on us for 30 years and 9 out of 10 times they eat crow that Saturday. Don't know why your a member of the HE-MAN MUSTANG HATERS CLUB, but probably since you have scored 36 total points on us in 10 years. You listed in another post your best players, all of whom but one played in the WOS game last year. A game which you were soundly defeated, in fact, wore down physically in second half.

WOS is looking at HJ, you won't have the ability to fly under the radar. Last year, we knew we had to get by Silsbee, this year it is you. Yes, WOS will hit you in the mouth and make you like it. Where will all that confidence be when the only dump at midfield you will be taking will be the realization that you lost to the Mustangs for the 11th straight time and have NEVER beaten them. I respect HJ on the field, your good, but you just do not stack up against the Stangs, not this year. Next year who knows. I understand why you crow about your team, I would too if it had been that long since we had a program that everyone just now stopped scheduling for homecoming. WIsh you the best and I hope that you beat Tatum (and I think you will). Tatum is a good team and will give you a good test. However, Tatum is NOT the Mighty Mustangs.

You HONESTLY think SO LITTLE of poor, too slow, not big enough, not tough enough WOS that you BELIEVE with all of your heart that Tatum will be the BEST team you face until the playoffs? You really should start taking your medication regularly. I know you wrote that little line to get under Stang supporters skins. We have had people talk smack on us for 30 years and 9 out of 10 times they eat crow that Saturday. Don't know why your a member of the HE-MAN MUSTANG HATERS CLUB, but probably since you have scored 36 total points on us in 10 years. You listed in another post your best players, all of whom but one played in the WOS game last year. A game which you were soundly defeated, in fact, wore down physically in second half.

WOS is looking at HJ, you won't have the ability to fly under the radar. Last year, we knew we had to get by Silsbee, this year it is you. Yes, WOS will hit you in the mouth and make you like it. Where will all that confidence be when the only dump at midfield you will be taking will be the realization that you lost to the Mustangs for the 11th straight time and have NEVER beaten them. I respect HJ on the field, your good, but you just do not stack up against the Stangs, not this year. Next year who knows. I understand why you crow about your team, I would too if it had been that long since we had a program that everyone just now stopped scheduling for homecoming. WIsh you the best and I hope that you beat Tatum (and I think you will). Tatum is a good team and will give you a good test. However, Tatum is NOT the Mighty Mustangs.

The Mustangs aren't "Mighty" either. 

Not exactly the same.

Ya think?

My point being that one can make an educated analysis or just simply an opinion on what team is better than the other without the two teams ever playing. True, the ultimate way is on the field, head to head. But one can state with credibility a team is better than another even though the two teams have not played.

In this particular case, I have seen WO-S play this year and have viewed tape of Tatum. I personally believe WO-S is the better team and if played, would win the game.

I think I have seen enough football in my time to state that with confidence and not just "blowing smoke".

Ya think?

My point being that one can make an educated analysis or just simply an opinion on what team is better than the other without the two teams ever playing. True, the ultimate way is on the field, head to head. But one can state with credibility a team is better than another even though the two teams have not played.

In this particular case, I have seen WO-S play this year and have viewed tape of Tatum. I personally believe WO-S is the better team and if played, would win the game.

I think I have seen enough football in my time to state that with confidence and not just "blowing smoke".

Are you figuring in ALL the variables? I'm not saying one way or the other who is better, but when 2 pretty evenly matched teams play, there is more than just which team is LOOKING better.