Hardin-Jefferson @ Tatum

DirtyBird

Are you figuring in ALL the variables? I'm not saying one way or the other who is better, but when 2 pretty evenly matched teams play, there is more than just which team is LOOKING better.

I don't consider Tatum and WO-S to be "evenly" matched. I do consider HJ and Tatum to be "evenly" matched. ;)

I don't consider Tatum and WO-S to be "evenly" matched. I do consider HJ and Tatum to be "evenly" matched. ;)

Trying to get some perspective here.

Last time you seen Tatum play was???

I've seen WOS on film. I say they are evenly matched.

HJ is evenly matched with both Tatum and WOS.

Let's not kid ourselves either. The road to the 4ADII title goes through Upshur County.

I say HJ over Tatum..HJ will probably take the lead in the fourth quarter to make it...33-28.

Hey, it is High School Football, anything can happen and honestly it is possible for HJ to beat WOS as it would be for OF to beat HJ. Things DO happen, however, the likelihood and probability is not likely. I do believe that HJ and Tatum are outstanding teams. However, sometimes a team just stands above others, such as Navasota and Coldspring did with us. WOS faithful will be the first to say that Navasota was flat out better than us that year. I just strongly believe that WOS is better in most areas this year than HJ is. WOS will graduate a huge class this year, so who knows what next year will bring.

I have watched tape on Tatum as well. I don't believe they are on par with WOS or even Hj for that matter. Just my opinion as well as your opinion Bundy. I respect it, just disagree with it. By the way, love the Bundy pic.

Everyone is entitled to there own opinion. Some of them stink. The rest stink more.

I saw Tatum last year. I know they returned some talent from last year, and I personally know coach Andy evans and he will throw everything and the kitchen sink at anybody no matter if it's playoffs or non district. Tatum gets the job done

Being a Tatum fan I keep up with the Eagles. I listen to all their games and saw them play once this year. If Tatum plays like they did in the second half of their game with Gilmer; it will be a good game, If they play like they did against Chapel Hill; it won't be a very good game. Tatum has the ability to play decent football; but they also can go into the self destruct mode. The most frustrating thing about Tatum is their Inconsistency. I have no idea which team will show up. I hope it will be the more consistent team because the next game will be district ... Gladewater & Atlanta both have very good teams. It pains me to say this, but my beloved Eagles might finish third or fourth in district.

Being a Tatum fan I keep up with the Eagles. I listen to all their games and saw them play once this year. If Tatum plays like they did in the second half of their game with Gilmer; it will be a good game, If they play like they did against Chapel Hill; it won't be a very good game. Tatum has the ability to play decent football; but they also can go into the self destruct mode. The most frustrating thing about Tatum is their Inconsistency. I have no idea which team will show up. I hope it will be the more consistent team because the next game will be district ... Gladewater & Atlanta both have very good teams. It pains me to say this, but my beloved Eagles might finish third or fourth in district.

That is very much a possibility.

Being a Tatum fan I keep up with the Eagles. I listen to all their games and saw them play once this year. If Tatum plays like they did in the second half of their game with Gilmer; it will be a good game, If they play like they did against Chapel Hill; it won't be a very good game. Tatum has the ability to play decent football; but they also can go into the self destruct mode. The most frustrating thing about Tatum is their Inconsistency. I have no idea which team will show up. I hope it will be the more consistent team because the next game will be district ... Gladewater & Atlanta both have very good teams. It pains me to say this, but my beloved Eagles might finish third or fourth in district.

Just curious, is Tatum a young team? Inconsistency is usually a hallmark of a predominately underclassmen laden team. If so, they should grow out of that as the season progresses.

He saw us on "tape". Musta been a long time ago.

Yep, long time ago. :rolleyes:

I have been privy to the film on the Gilmer and CH games that Tatum has played this year. Got friends in high places. ;)

Up until a couple of years ago, Tatum was never on my personal radar so never had any reason to watch them "back in the '90's".

I believe HJ and Tatum are evenly matched teams. WO-S has a much better defense than Tatum, that is why I give them the edge in that match up.

In my opinion this Tatum team has yet to come together as a team. The talent is there. The coaching is there. I was hoping that the tuff pre season schedule (In contrast to last years) would bring them together. They have some new faces up from last years JV; but the mental mistakes have been really hurting them on both sides of the ball. I hope that they can grow out of it. At this point in time, I don't think we will match up very well with Hardin Jefferson. (Based only on what I have read) Tatum has the potential to be a serious contender; but in my opinion we have not got there yet. The flags have killed us this year; the confusion on both sides of the ball when they are setting up the offense & defense; the dumb penalties we commit away from the point of attack. We are not all that young but sometimes we play like we are.   

And that is Tatum's biggest weakness, the running game. If Tatum can slow down the running game, The big play guys can usually put up some points. Tatum is not a shut down type team, they may at some point in time become one, but  it looks to me like they rather have a track meet than a slugfest. (that is figuratively speaking) Hardin Jefferson will be a good game for Tatum because they will be facing a team much like them to start off district play. (Gladewater)

Who will win ? I don't know.

And that is Tatum's biggest weakness, the running game. If Tatum can slow down the running game, The big play guys can usually put up some points. Tatum is not a shut down type team, they may at some point in time become one, but  it looks to me like they rather have a track meet than a slugfest. (that is figuratively speaking) Hardin Jefferson will be a good game for Tatum because they will be facing a team much like them to start off district play. (Gladewater)

Who will win ? I don't know.

I think this will be a good test for HJ as well. I'm ready for friday