who are the best DBs backs in s e texas

skipper

Yall are crazy Levine by far the best DB Allstate In 5a his sophomore yr his offers just not piled up because of his speed if he ran a 4.3 like the others easily D1 offers, then Seay from Nederland been Doing him for a long time then Thompson from WOS and last Locke.. These guys look good on paper because off there offers not taking anything away from there talent because they obviously have it, Levine and Seay just don't attend too many camps and have 4.3 speed..

Who has 4.3 speed?

That's easy to say that he's a 5 star player on a 4A level but move up in the ranks...

6A- Levine... Best of the best
4A- Seay and Locke Next to the best of the best

He's good, but it's too easy for him at that level try 6A and do that... Be like Levine average a hundred and something tackles a season and the most critical picks... Or like Seay in 4A bone crushing licks make anybody think before crossing paths even Locke "I can play on the D Line and be good"... That ranking system is not accuracy cause there players that don't get that exposure but they're five star players too

You are right, Earl Thomas was 3A. Man just think if he would've been 5A.

DT doesn't have 4.3 speed or even 4.5 speed for that matter. He has something all colleges want. Great ball skills, great coverage (man and zone), not afraid to hit and is as smart as they come in the secondary. Nick Saban knows a thing or two about dbs. Seeing as 9 have been drafted into the NFL since his tenure at Bama.

Lol y'all are crazy,all colleges care about is size and speed which Thompson has at 6"3", lol Levine was all state on a 5a that produce 3 other D1 DBS Jalen Barnes Texas tech Devin cockerel Utep and Darius Lemora Washington state kid got talent.. Levine always has either 100 or close to 100 tackles every year

When it comes to DBs, I guess DT is always the safe pick because of his rankings and college commitment
He's a great player, no doubt, but he doesn't jump out as a '5 star' Alabama recruit to me when you watch him in a game
One thing he definitely has is projectability, but I guess just in my head when I think of 5 star recruit or Bama commit I think of someone that absolutely dominates a game
I thought Elijah Teel was MUCH more valuable to their defense last year, he was at LB so he got more chances, but I might just have a misconstrued image in my head

Great talent but I just don't see the game changing ability of a 5 star, at least not at this level YET

When it comes to DBs, I guess DT is always the safe pick because of his rankings and college commitment
He's a great player, no doubt, but he doesn't jump out as a '5 star' Alabama recruit to me when you watch him in a game
One thing he definitely has is projectability, but I guess just in my head when I think of 5 star recruit or Bama commit I think of someone that absolutely dominates a game
I thought Elijah Teel was MUCH more valuable to their defense last year, he was at LB so he got more chances, but I might just have a misconstrued image in my head

Great talent but I just don't see the game changing ability of a 5 star, at least not at this level YET

Your analysis is based solely on last year's performance. He co-led the team in interceptions his sophomore year. The same team that he was featured on defense along with 9 seniors. The same team that made it to the fourth round of the playoffs. Oh, and you forgot upside. Colleges recruit kids because of their upside. When you get a reputation as one of the best defenders in the country, most teams tend to direct plays away from you. He still led the team in interceptions. And he torched Orangefield on both sides of the ball...;-) ROLL TIDE!

This is basically what I was trying to say... He's not in a higher ranking then any of the other guys, because he doesn't dominate games.

This is basically what I was trying to say... He's not in a higher ranking then any of the other guys, because he doesn't dominate games.

I have watched him play twice, and I just watch how he changes the game, his ball skills, lateral movemnets, etc. Just watching a game you may not notice the type of things he does

Yall are crazy Levine by far the best DB Allstate In 5a his sophomore yr his offers just not piled up because of his speed if he ran a 4.3 like the others easily D1 offers, then Seay from Nederland been Doing him for a long time then Thompson from WOS and last Locke.. These guys look good on paper because off there offers not taking anything away from there talent because they obviously have it, Levine and Seay just don't attend too many camps and have 4.3 speed..

That's easy to say that he's a 5 star player on a 4A level but move up in the ranks...

6A- Levine... Best of the best
4A- Seay and Locke Next to the best of the best

He's good, but it's too easy for him at that level try 6A and do that... Be like Levine average a hundred and something tackles a season and the most critical picks... Or like Seay in 4A bone crushing licks make anybody think before crossing paths even Locke "I can play on the D Line and be good"... That ranking system is not accuracy cause there players that don't get that exposure but they're five star players too

Alabama > UTSA. Hope that helps...

Not positive either but I think he might be.  However, I would bet that Patrick Hudson out of Silsbee will end up as one, if he's not already.

Hudson is a 5 star on some lists. He is the #2 OL in state for 2016, #3 OL in nation for 2016. #16 overall player in nation and #3 overall in state.

Thompson is #40 overall in nation for 2015 and #7 overall in state. #7 DB in nation, #2 in state.

Hudson is a 5 star on some lists. He is the #2 OL in state for 2016, #3 OL in nation for 2016. #16 overall player in nation and #3 overall in state.

Thompson is #40 overall in nation for 2015 and #7 overall in state. #7 DB in nation, #2 in state.

For whatever reason, they don't give a lot of kids that 5th star until their senior season (as with Thompson). Which is why I said I believe Hudson will be if not already. By next season, barring something unforeseen, he should be 5*s across the boards.