Well, I guess controversial topics are off the board.......I go to listen only

thetragichippy

Lol. Who would have guessed...... At least I got to post probably the most intelligent comment (aside from yours, of course, T'Hippy) before it was shutdown.

I was trying to post below before it got locked....here was my response:

While this has nothing to do with Trayvon, it does bring some stuff to light.

Remember the media and Trayvon supporters calling Zimmerman a murderer? People said he was racial profiling. People, posters on this forum were bringing up his past, Biggirl bringing up assault cases against Zimmerman (that were dropped) to prove he was violent.

Remember on the Alfred Wright case.  Posters on this board calling out Tom Maddox as a racist, and "backwoods cop", said he covered up this murder........

Here, I just posted links to video's where he is spreading hate and talking about killing......

Why is calling out white people OK, but not OK for black people? (I realize no one will answer this)

I posted it not to be racist(but some will never believe that) , but to show a side that the media is not showing,,,,,,and it appears some don't like it......

Why is calling out white people OK, but not OK for black people? (I realize no one will answer this)

I will answer it. There are actually a plethora of answers, but there a couple in the forefront for me.

1. The Political Correctness Plague that will eventually bring us all down to our knees

2. Left-wing Media that chooses to enflame race issues along with all of their liberal agenda

(After that reply, I am crouching in a corner waiting for a malatov cocktail to come through my window like what happened to me as a child when those poor poor downtrodden Black Panthers set our house on fire in California - my evil loving Dad who was in the USMC was gone killing babies in Viet Nam at the time...)

Its actually quite easy to be "offended" if you decide that is what you want. It hasn't been that long ago when I was having a conversation on this board with an individual who is not here much anymore. We were talking about families and the things that are taught to their children. I was talking about kids and used the word "young" ( as in "they teach their young the wrong thing". The conversation immediately changed to accusing me of racism because, by using the word "young" I had referred to families as animals since that is a word oft used to describe the offspring of animals. If one looks hard enough at almost any words uttered by someone else, there is usually a way for someone to misconstrue the statement so as to make the author something they are not. This forces a lot of people to "walk on eggshells" and I believe that is a real shame.

Its actually quite easy to be "offended" if you decide that is what you want. It hasn't been that long ago when I was having a conversation on this board with an individual who is not here much anymore. We were talking about families and the things that are taught to their children. I was talking about kids and used the word "young" ( as in "they teach their young the wrong thing". The conversation immediately changed to accusing me of racism because, by using the word "young" I had referred to families as animals since that is a word oft used to describe the offspring of animals. If one looks hard enough at almost any words uttered by someone else, there is usually a way for someone to misconstrue the statement so as to make the author something they are not. This forces a lot of people to "walk on eggshells" and I believe that is a real shame.

Not I - I will not be quietened at the expense of the sensitive.

It has been stated on here many times, if you want to know where a person stands, look at what he does, not what he says. With that said, I will, intentionally come across as "racist" or "sexist" once i sense one is taking that path with me. However, if one were to look at my work within this community, there are no indications that I have DONE or ACTED in anyway other than fair to all races and/or sexes, etc....SO, if anyone of any race or sex whats to have a conversation with me on any subject matter, I suggest it be fact based and leave the poor me I've been discriminated against crybaby crap out...

I don't care how your grandmother was treated by people I don't know a day ago or 60 years ago....I don't even care if the act WAS without doubt racist...if in fact this cop killed this kid in cold blood...it is none other than MURDER, no more important than if anyone else had killed anyone else............

This crap continues due to terms like "Hate Crime" - WTH is that anyway (I know the definition) ANY crime committed against another is quiet HATEFUL - no need to make it racist...point is, there aren't any racial crimes...it is either a crime, or it isn't, and until we make that adjustment, well....it is what it is...BS

Hippy, there will be a lot of threads locked down. There are a couple of posters here that refuse to honestly discuss anything. They choose to come into a thread, crap all over it, blame Bush, teabaggers or Republicans, holler racism, and smdh. Until this ceases, we will no longer have any meaningful discussions on the political forum. All these threads will be locked and the board owner may choose to shut down the forum. I hope not, but wouldn't blame him a bit.

a lot of adults act like kids.....crybabies so they can get there way....

working in education from minorities to non minorities, rich and poor, etc....I see it all the time with parents and children.

there's a lack of parenting skills.....passed on from one generation to the next.  its an epidemic

there 's a hidden motto for those....."im not responsible"

Not I - I will not be quietened at the expense of the sensitive.

It has been stated on here many times, if you want to know where a person stands, look at what he does, not what he says. With that said, I will, intentionally come across as "racist" or "sexist" once i sense one is taking that path with me. However, if one were to look at my work within this community, there are no indications that I have DONE or ACTED in anyway other than fair to all races and/or sexes, etc....SO, if anyone of any race or sex whats to have a conversation with me on any subject matter, I suggest it be fact based and leave the poor me I've been discriminated against crybaby crap out...

I don't care how your grandmother was treated by people I don't know a day ago or 60 years ago....I don't even care if the act WAS without doubt racist...if in fact this cop killed this kid in cold blood...it is none other than MURDER, no more important than if anyone else had killed anyone else............

This crap continues due to terms like "Hate Crime" - WTH is that anyway (I know the definition) ANY crime committed against another is quiet HATEFUL - no need to make it racist...point is, there aren't any racial crimes...it is either a crime, or it isn't, and until we make that adjustment, well....it is what it is...BS

I understand what you're saying (not that I agree 100%), but saying that "racial crimes" don't exist...that crime is crime... is simply foolish. Some crimes are accidental, some are crimes of passion. Intent, premeditation, the way in which the act was carried out , was it heinous or not, was it an act against the state, was a child involved, was it racially motivated... Many things are considered. Crime is not crime. You may not agree that race should be a factor, but to do so, you should probably consider the validity of all factors, not just race.

My feeling is that you are sick and tired of the race issue. I am too. But it takes at least two sides to have a conflict. The two sides, in my estimation, will exist long after I'm gone.

My advice: realize that you (along with 99% of all people) have racial tendencies whether they be White, Black, Hispanic, Asian, etc. We can't see the forest for the trees. We are all (in varying degrees) racists.

Hippy, there will be a lot of threads locked down. There are a couple of posters here that refuse to honestly discuss anything. They choose to come into a thread, crap all over it, blame Bush, teabaggers or Republicans, holler racism, and smdh. Until this ceases, we will no longer have any meaningful discussions on the political forum. All these threads will be locked and the board owner may choose to shut down the forum. I hope not, but wouldn't blame him a bit.

We will see, I took a vacation from this site for about a year and a half. I would think they could use this part of the forum in the off-seasons....

But if we can't talk about controversial subjects, makes the conversations boring IMO.

I follow the rules and never attack or name call. Maybe they should focus on the ones that don't. I don't have to attack or get upset to communicate my point.

I understand what you're saying (not that I agree 100%), but saying that "racial crimes" don't exist...that crime is crime... is simply foolish. Some crimes are accidental, some are crimes of passion. Intent, premeditation, the way in which the act was carried out , was it heinous or not, was it an act against the state, was a child involved, was it racially motivated... Many things are considered. Crime is not crime. You may not agree that race should be a factor, but to do so, you should probably consider the validity of all factors, not just race.

My feeling is that you are sick and tired of the race issue. I am too. But it takes at least two sides to have a conflict. The two sides, in my estimation, will exist long after I'm gone.

My advice: realize that you (along with 99% of all people) have racial tendencies whether they be White, Black, Hispanic, Asian, etc. We can't see the forest for the trees. We are all (in varying degrees) racists.

Yes. as you stated, I understand and agree to a point. I understand there are "degrees" of crime...and yes, I'm sick of all the "racist" crap, especially where none exist, but it just feels good to stir the pot........but my point is more, why does it matter "WHY" a crime was committed........murder is murder - don't care if it was done just because of race ( I hate black/white people, etc) or if you catch someone in bed with your wife, raping your child....people will have more compassion for your reasoning with some, more than others but if in FACT you killed another in cold blood or took the law into your own hands out of passion---- by law - you murdered someone!

On another note...I don't agree with charges of 1st degree, second degree, manslaughter, etc either....it doesn't matter whether you planned it (first degree) didn't plan it (second degree) or it was negligence (manslaughter).......the other person is dead...you killed them....pay the price!

Yes. as you stated, I understand and agree to a point. I understand there are "degrees" of crime...and yes, I'm sick of all the "racist" crap, especially where none exist, but it just feels good to stir the pot........but my point is more, why does it matter "WHY" a crime was committed........murder is murder - don't care if it was done just because of race ( I hate black/white people, etc) or if you catch someone in bed with your wife, raping your child....people will have more compassion for your reasoning with some, more than others but if in FACT you killed another in cold blood or took the law into your own hands out of passion---- by law - you murdered someone!

On another note...I don't agree with charges of 1st degree, second degree, manslaughter, etc either....it doesn't matter whether you planned it (first degree) didn't plan it (second degree) or it was negligence (manslaughter).......the other person is dead...you killed them....pay the price!

I was with you until this......

So, if a person runs a stop sigh or looks down at radio and causes an accident, and kills someone you are saying that person should receive the same punishment as someone that plans the murder of another person?

^^run on sentence^^    Sorry

I was with you until this......

So, if a person runs a stop sigh or looks down at radio and causes an accident, and kills someone you are saying that person should receive the same punishment as someone that plans the murder of another person?

^^run on sentence^^    Sorry

NO, IMO however careless/stupid it was for that person to be playing with the radio / texting etc while driving that isn't the same, neither of those are against the law, therefore however unfortunate, that is an accident.

However, if the person is drunk (DWI/DUI) hit and kills someone - YES

Driving high speeds / wrecklessly (Lumberton crash that killed 3) - YES

NO, IMO however careless/stupid it was for that person to be playing with the radio / texting etc while driving that isn't the same, neither of those are against the law, therefore however unfortunate, that is an accident.

However, if the person is drunk (DWI/DUI) hit and kills someone - YES

Driving high speeds / wrecklessly (Lumberton crash that killed 3) - YES

But texting/messing with radio is negligence. Weren't you stating it was the same with your prior post?

I can't agree with your logic, Craig. If I find a man, no matter what color, that raped & disfigured my child, I will most certainly take his life. There is not a jury in the world that will convict me of 1st degree murder, nor should they. Taking a life cannot be put into one big happy melting pot called "murder". My final judgement will come to me when I die. He (the guy upstairs) will judge me, and I will have to answer for it then. Until then, we as a society have to have some sort of scale. I'm not saying that our current scale is correct, but we surely can't call all crimes that end in death murder.

But texting/messing with radio is negligence. Weren't you stating it was the same with your prior post?

then I should be a bit clearer.... any diliberate illegal action. ..

BTW, I believe texting while driving in a school zone is against the law.

you are correct. .. And if you do so anyway. .. And kill someone. .. it is not an accident. .. you deliberately broke the law. .. so if it in fact kills another human being. .it should be murder... No different than deliberately getting drunk. ...deliberately stabbing. ..deliberately shooting... you deliberately broke the law that took an innocent persons life