Barbers Hill vs. Silsbee - Predictions

Guest Farmer Fran

I think people are sleeping on the Hill. If they don't put the ball on the ground Silsbee could struggle to contain BH's run game. I have a feeling Silsbee is going to need to get to 30 to win. If BH plays clean and sustains drives it's hard to believe Silsbee won't be worn down at sometime during the second half.

I have been saying this for years, a one dimensional offense (run or pass) is usually not successful against a Coach Hickman led defense. Teams that have given Silsbee the most problems have been teams who mix the run with the pass really well.

Coach Hickman will have his defense ready to stop the run and force BH to throw the ball. If BH can complete some passes to get the Tigers back on their heels, then I agree, Silsbee will need to score 30+ to win this game.

Although HJ was beaten by Silsbee last year HJ took them to the wire .  Don't have the stats in front of me but I do believe they ran the ball.   BH has an offense that can take time off the clock.  If they hang on to the ball and sustain drives ....this could be tough on Silsbee.

Although HJ was beaten by Silsbee last year HJ took them to the wire .  Don't have the stats in front of me but I do believe they ran the ball.   BH has an offense that can take time off the clock.  If they hang on to the ball and sustain drives ....this could be tough on Silsbee.

HJ rushed 32 times for 248 yards and was 6-7 passing for 86 yards, for a total of 334 yards. Silsbee had 306 yards rushing on 51 carries and 8-12 passing for 202 yards, 508 total yards.

IMO, those 6 completions was a big key in the HJ offense that night. It's the same point I am making in regards to BH.

HJ rushed 32 times for 248 yards and was 6-7 passing for 86 yards, for a total of 334 yards. Silsbee had 306 yards rushing on 51 carries and 8-12 passing for 202 yards, 508 total yards.

IMO, those 6 completions was a big key in the HJ offense that night. It's the same point I am making in regards to BH.

6 passes out of about 40 plays is pretty much a run heavy offense. I wouldn't consider that a "good mix" of run and pass.

6 passes out of about 40 plays is pretty much a run heavy offense. I wouldn't consider that a "good mix" of run and pass.

I agree. I stated that "usually" a one dimensional offense is not successful against a Hickman defense. There have been occasions when they have. 

I think the Ozen scrimmage helped prepare the Tigers for this week. Ozen mainly ran the ball in that scrimmage, only attempting 9 passes the whole scrimmage. Ozen rushed 28 times for just 30 yards.

Again, I believe BH will have to complete some passes to keep Silsbee from loading the box.

Barbers Hill by two in the Mudbowl. Win comes on a two pt conversion after the 4th fumble recovery leads to a one yard Qb sneak for the touchdown. Final score

BH-  8

Silsbee- 6

BH travels big and fan support plays a role in the game.  Only parents of Silsbee players show up on the home side.

Barbers Hill by two in the Mudbowl. Win comes on a two pt conversion after the 4th fumble recovery leads to a one yard Qb sneak for the touchdown. Final score

BH-  8

Silsbee- 6

BH travels big and fan support plays a role in the game.  Only parents of Silsbee players show up on the home side.

Barbers Hill by two in the Mudbowl. Win comes on a two pt conversion after the 4th fumble recovery leads to a one yard Qb sneak for the touchdown. Final score
BH- 8
Silsbee- 6

BH travels big and fan support plays a role in the game. Only parents of Silsbee players show up on the home side.

bh travels? Damn Ants can migrate I tell you what. ;)

Guest Farmer Fran

BH-  8

Silsbee- 6

Evidently you do not know anything about the Silsbee fans :rolleyes: